• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

finalflame

Got a few movies and games:

Y0MfKtP.jpg

And a new HDMI switch:

Gefh4kF.jpg

Tame month, but I've got plenty to play/watch as it stands :)

finalflame

Got that same HDMI switch, great little remote that comes with it.

The remote is nice. What I like even more is its ability to switch automatically to the currently active input! Has worked flawlessly so far with a PS3 and WiiU. Hopefully it continues to do so when I add in an XBO.

njean777

The remote is nice. What I like even more is its ability to switch automatically to the currently active input! Has worked flawlessly so far with a PS3 and WiiU. Hopefully it continues to do so when I add in an XBO.

It should, mine switches automatically between pc, xbox one, and my ps4. I need to hook up my ps3 also, but kind of running out of space lol.

I am going to buy that hdmi switcher. I have only two hdmi inputs and want to hook wiiu/ps4/xb1 to my monitor. Thanks for posting it!

I found this desk at a rummage today for $25, the guy even delivered it to my house. I'm really excited because i've been using this wobbly table I found for free for years.

pyP5Ikhl.jpg

It has a nice little drawer under the right side that is perfect for controllers.

XKNWrUEl.jpg

and the left side isn't very useful but the WiiU hides in there.

VRnICs4l.jpg

This is the old table. I also picked up the stereo system for $10, I have been wanting one to get better sound than TV speakers for my retro games. And for using headphones with them.

jdfb4Ozl.jpg

Yasawas

Nintendo month! And I didn't even buy Yoshi yet.

E2Gcdhg.jpg

qhVZpy8.jpg

E4yCDIa.jpg

And, uh, a new Rocksmith controller :) Twenty years I have wanted this, so happy with it:

jRIB80h.jpg

Rich!

parents got sick of me living at their house, so I now have this:

sure beats my other pick up this month (preowned ps3 slim). There's just one slight caveat - although I get the whole house for the time being, my parents are moving into it in a few months. Within that time, I need to convert the double garage to the side of the house (it's big) into a place for myself. It's 4m x 12m, which is big enough for a lounge/kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom. I've got £20k to play with, should be good enough. I've done some plans, but this is a basic render of the lounge/kitchen layout, with the bedroom and en-suite bathroom at the back behind the door:

9bD6M9S.jpg

kitchen would have an additional worktop and cupboards above (and an extractor fan), and I would be putting a diner area against the wall. somewhere.

Haven't posted in one of these for a while, so I thought I'd consolidate the crap I got over the past three months:
yidyqtC.jpg

Mid tier MSI gaming laptop, just enough to play all the quirky indies and Japanese classics on Steam.

bHyrtZi.jpg

This book. After skimming it, I gotta say, some of those choices are reaaaally questionable.

0K0YrsJ.jpg

Brand new: Witcher III, Dark Souls 2 (unopened), Terraria Special Edition (unopened), Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (unopened), Persona 4: DAN (Asian JPN), Teslagrad (unplayed), Borderlands: THC
Second hand: Onechanbara Z2 Chaos, Dragon Quest Heroes, Lego Marvel Super Heroes

VRFlvcb.jpg

Brand new: Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Steins;Gate, Moe Chronicle
Second hand: AKB 1/149 Love Election, Sayonara Umihara Kawase, Puyo Puyo Tetris

Rich!

Starting to build up my PS3 library now that the games are so cheap.

Got these 3 games for €20

Go onto PSN and look through the sale before buying any more. Prices are crazy, I got Ni No Kuni, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Darkstalkers altogether for £20.

pariah164

I sold a bunch of old games to a local shop that specializes in vintage/retro games. It came out to $200. I took it as a sign.

New 3DS XL get. System is better in the best ways possible. Sadly, it's a fingerprint magnet, so I'll have to buy a skin for it eventually. Not pictured: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, which I also picked up.

finalflame

Great HDMI switch except if the XBO console is in Instant On mode the HDMI stays on. PS4 standby doesn't do it, the light goes off and the HDMI port deactivates.

Seriously love the remote too.

Sweet, thanks for the tip. If I get an XBO I'll just plug the PS4 into the switch and XBO into its own dedicated HDMI port, then (although that feels dirty).

Rurunaki

Great HDMI switch except if the XBO console is in Instant On mode the HDMI stays on. PS4 standby doesn't do it, the light goes off and the HDMI port deactivates.

Seriously love the remote too.

I have the same HDMI Switch.. so you're telling me thatvI can just turn off the "Instant On" option for xb1 and it will switch the hdmi off properly when the console is off?

N° 2048

I have the same HDMI Switch.. so you're telling me thatvI can just turn off the "Instant On" option for xb1 and it will switch the hdmi off properly when the console is off?

Yep, it should. I was doing that a while back but I really like Instant On so I just deal with the glitch . Everything still automatically switches though even if XBO is on instant on. Sometimes it gets stuck on the XBO port but the remote comes in handy for that.

Got a call today from a store manager that an elderly lady -my grandmother- wanted to purchase something, but they couldn't understand what she meant by her description, and they asked me on her behalf to come over.
It was a thank you gift from her because I've been doing her cooking, cleaning and the laundry for the past 10 years so she wouldn't have to go to an elderly home.
I love my Grandmother very much, and gladly did it for free, but I was really moved by her gift. Neither of us are very wealthy.

So, without further ado, the 'thing you can play Monopoly on the tv with':
xbodqkmq.png

Your grandmother sounds like a lovely woman. I hope you enjoy the console, I'm sure you deserve it :)

Koppai

18727_10152874963036646_710985391925743144_n.jpg

Picked it up at the Best Buy sale today, it's $24.99, and if you have Gamers Club Unlocked, brings it down to $19.99, and I had a $10 gift certificate, so $10! Glad I waited, I knew it would drop because we still have almost the same amount of copies since the game launched...like literally no one has bought it at my store o_o.

TheMoon

18727_10152874963036646_710985391925743144_n.jpg

Picked it up at the Best Buy sale today, it's $24.99, and if you have Gamers Club Unlocked, brings it down to $19.99, and I had a $10 gift certificate, so $10! Glad I waited, I knew it would drop because we still have almost the same amount of copies since the game launched...like literally no one has bought it at my store o_o.

That's a crime. It's one of the best games this year and everybody's ignoring it. Drives me nuts.

Kelpie

Since it seems less and less likely that we'll get the MSGV PS4 bundle in the US I picked up the TLOU bundle. It came with the Silver headset for free. I'm going to put the 2tb hard drive in the PS4 as soon as I set it up. I got them before the new models were announced.

Games:
The Order
Wolfenstein
Metal Gear Rising
The 3DS case is the Club Nintendo reward.

VanWinkle

parents got sick of me living at their house, so I now have this:

sure beats my other pick up this month (preowned ps3 slim). There's just one slight caveat - although I get the whole house for the time being, my parents are moving into it in a few months. Within that time, I need to convert the double garage to the side of the house (it's big) into a place for myself. It's 4m x 12m, which is big enough for a lounge/kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom. I've got £20k to play with, should be good enough. I've done some plans, but this is a basic render of the lounge/kitchen layout, with the bedroom and en-suite bathroom at the back behind the door:

9bD6M9S.jpg

kitchen would have an additional worktop and cupboards above (and an extractor fan), and I would be putting a diner area against the wall. somewhere.

That's awesome man! About the space you are working with, you need to make sure to keep it as open as possible to give the illusion of space, since 4m x 12m isn't a ton to work with.

I love dealing with these smaller narrow sizes since I did a ton of research last year on manufactured (mobile) homes before my wife and I bought ours. I was bored so I drew up a little floor plan idea for you. I only estimated the dimensions since I was just using MS Paint, but it looked about like 4mx12m dimensions.

floorplanidea.jpg

I just made up a layout for the living space since I didn't know where your door would be. Approximate widths are 10ft for the bedroom, 5ft for the bathroom, 15ft for living room, and 10ft for kitchen (sorry, I'm not proficient enough in metric to easily convert those to meters for you).

Mystic654

Awesome choice of fans. Are you thinking of doing anything color-scheme wise to make them match a bit better?

Also, is that a 980 Ti or non-Ti? Either way, nice.

It's the Ti version. I would like to change the color However with Noctua fans it's strongly suggested you don't paint the fans.

nny

Got a call today from a store manager that an elderly lady -my grandmother- wanted to purchase something, but they couldn't understand what she meant by her description, and they asked me on her behalf to come over.
It was a thank you gift from her because I've been doing her cooking, cleaning and the laundry for the past 10 years so she wouldn't have to go to an elderly home.
I love my Grandmother very much, and gladly did it for free, but I was really moved by her gift. Neither of us are very wealthy.

So, without further ado, the 'thing you can play Monopoly on the tv with':
xbodqkmq.png

This warmed my heart. Lovely story.

And, uh, a new Rocksmith controller :) Twenty years I have wanted this, so happy with it:

jRIB80h.jpg

Alright, another Jaguar player! *high five* Congrats on the purchase )

Mcdohl

Persona 4: Golden and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth
F4rOG3P.jpg

Ranma 1/2 Blu Ray Set 6
n0UuaDG.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PS4)
Final Fantasy XIV: The Complete Experience (PC)
Final Fantasy XIV: The Complete Experience (PS4)
WAJKbJ9.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward Collector's Edition (PC)
kklXgG6.jpg

xYKUfM0.jpg

Rich!

That's awesome man! About the space you are working with, you need to make sure to keep it as open as possible to give the illusion of space, since 4m x 12m isn't a ton to work with.

I love dealing with these smaller narrow sizes since I did a ton of research last year on manufactured (mobile) homes before my wife and I bought ours. I was bored so I drew up a little floor plan idea for you. I only estimated the dimensions since I was just using MS Paint, but it looked about like 4mx12m dimensions.

floorplanidea.jpg

I just made up a layout for the living space since I didn't know where your door would be. Approximate widths are 10ft for the bedroom, 5ft for the bathroom, 15ft for living room, and 10ft for kitchen (sorry, I'm not proficient enough in metric to easily convert those to meters for you).

Thanks! That design is interesting - a few ideas I hadn't thought of - but it would sadly be unfeasible because I have the entrance door on one end and a large double window on the other far end (bedroom). Putting a door on the side may be an option though...

I need to go and get accurate measurements taking insulation and plumbing into account soon.

Acidote

My Tracer figure from the Blizzard Gear Store just arrived. Sorry for the potato quality, my Nexus 4 makes awful photos.

4iSIg2c.jpg

And here she is sitting on the shelf until I can set her up properly next weekend. My sister in law is working on something on her shop for it. She framed my Mondo posters so good I told her she could do anything and I would be happy with it.

Fskl0JV.jpg

By the way, the Vita is sort of new too, bought it on that amazon.de deal but never got to post it.

It's been a while since i've posted. After being away from home in London for a whole year working abroad, i've hardly bought anything (which is a good thing mind you!). But now that i'm back...i'm dreading my wallet : (

Anywho, this is what I got recently, as well this months pick up.

Got the Limited Edition 'new' Nintendo 3DSXL Majora's Mask edition on launch thanks to a fellow friend and gaffer. As well as a special edition copy of the game. I gotta have that Physical and also well...Majora's Mask is one of my favourite games ever.
20150630_012616.jpg

Also attached on my new 3DS is the Horri clear protective cover. while it does add a tiny bit of bulk, it nicely protects it whilst being able to see that glorious gold and design.
20150630_012929.jpg

And for my pick ups in June are here. (I'm actually incredibly pissed as i've left my WiiU & my Vita back in India....I gotta somehow get that shipped back!)
20150628_012025.jpg

Machine

That's a crime. It's one of the best games this year and everybody's ignoring it. Drives me nuts.

I believe some people are not buying it because there is content locked behind figurines that are almost impossible to buy at retail unless you dedicate an inordinate amount of time and effort.

Gearing up for AX this week so picked up some Quest bars and another extended battery:
7fad2d4e84526e26a1d55478877f4d42_zpsw6uve8gn.jpg

My $19.99 copy of The Order, which I had Target price match Best Buy's sale:
4e8d4fdc27f58bdec507356e4fffc49b_zpsvtout7dq.jpg

Finally, my P4DAN Crazy Box set has arrived:
e10ec45780b51ed2c1bf547baabfad4b_zpsvapstibm.jpg

Premium Box set:
b624d9f525702894161d288cefd82a67_zpsvyk0rve5.jpg

0a54a1a11f4a44425cc4e4ab90309434_zps59fm9avx.jpg

Back of the LE Vita Slim:
9620e75350476548f93c655b7dd0b3b7_zps0688inru.jpg

Oh and the P5 Blu-Ray:
47971f6aedb5f39d27501e19ed1111bc_zpsqowadepr.jpg

TheMoon

I believe some people are not buying it because there is content locked behind figurines that are almost impossible to buy at retail unless you dedicate an inordinate amount of time and effort.

That number of people is negligible, I almost never see anyone complain about THAT part.

jpatez34

Neo Member
My most prized pick-up in June

YbkquilUF5uzQgeEJiUiaoHgObVqvtGobfBgQ_tHP34=w546-h969-no

My Takara MP-10 Optimus Prime has finally arrived and he is incredible!

Also the obligatory pic with Apollyon (these guys just go so well together!)

Nxf6gzYf0nfKQWLP0zGjD2FULjIqDCTmKuVst4JQ1jY=w546-h969-no

Top Bottom