• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

Haven't done a pickup post in a while. Found FFVII International version and Sega Ages Outrun for Sega Saturn for 100 yen each. I've been looking for this version of Outrun forever but didn't want to pay over 1000 for it. The only downside is my Saturn won't read it because it's the original release which only works on model 1 Saturns. Ugha

20150621_172922.jpg

20150621_173008.jpg

Forsete

Great purchase. I have been eyeing one of those for quite some time now...

Thanks. :)
Same for me, I wasn't sure if I would like the new keyboard or not, and my T520 is still rocking but I wanted something lighter for when I travel. I regret nozing!
I got the i7 5600U, as they were having a Sale on this model.

Not sure what use I have of the smartcard reader though. :p

Haven't done a pickup post in a while. Found FFVII International version and Sega Ages Outrun for Sega Saturn for 100 yen each. I've been looking for this version of Outrun forever but didn't want to pay over 1000 for it. The only downside is my Saturn won't read it because it's the original release which only works on model 2 Saturns. Ugha

The original release only works on Model 1 Saturns though.

Yep its pretty much a must. The SSD improves the boot up time substantially. The included 5400 rpm drive is too slow so you're better off taking it out and using it as a backup drive.

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that, considering I'm not the least bit technologically savvy when it comes to hardware.

And I finally got around to grabbing a PSTV so I don't have to move the PS4 around when I wanna play on the second TV:

IMG_0186.jpg

Of course the one time I want to pick up a Playstation TV, none of the stores in my area or even a 50 mile radius carry it. How's working out for you?

Damn it Sony!

lem0n

Been meaning to share this one for a while. Damn took forever for it to arrive.

Moto 360 with Steel Connect M Adapters so I could use regular regular watch bands on it. Here it is with a Seiko rubber diver's band. To top it off, a MGS watch face. I love it! Much lighter than I though it would be.

sRMed55.jpg

Sweet. Will probably be my next purchase, been eyeing a 360 for some time now. I just want a Pip-boy face :D

After nearly 2 solid years of indecision and procrastination I finally got off my ass and bought the bicycle that I've had my eyes on for so long.

A Pashley Guv'nor.
It's a modern remake of their old 1930's Path Racer bike design. Hand built in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Gave it a ride around the town this afternoon grinning like a loon the entire time. :)

crimilde

Banned
Of course the one time I want to pick up a Playstation TV, none of the stores in my area or even a 50 mile radius carry it. How's working out for you?

Damn it Sony!

I bought it online from a local retailer. I'm not sure if it sells well or not, they might've had that stock for ages, haha.
Did you try on Amazon?

chemicals

tumblr_nqd1k1YqWC1uz6usxo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nqd1k1YqWC1uz6usxo2_540.jpg

After years of rallying hard against PC gaming (I always preferred consoles) I ended up with a GEFORCE 720 2 Gig aaaannnnd decided to try Steam. I am hooked. I love everything about it. Brilliant!

pariah164

Does this count as a pick-up?

My family adopted a poodle from a no-kill rescue last week.

Her name was listed as 'Unique' (literally, Unique), but she does not respond to it. She was renamed Katie by us, and is starting to recognize it. She's 5, so she's a bit on the older side. She was a surrender; her old family was unable to continue taking care of her.

She's quiet and mostly well-behaved, but super alert and smart as anything. Katie doesn't take well to my mother leaving; she howled the one day she caught my mother leaving for work in the morning. She also acts a bit silly, and likes to roll around on the floor while gripping and pulling at the carpet.

(Apologies for the potato cam there.)

We meant to get her groomed the day we adopted her, but she had Kennel Cough, so we had to wait for the medicine she was on to make it go away before the groomers accepted her. Now, the cough is gone, and she was groomed Saturday.

Dat smile. :)

Azzurri

Well, I never thought I'd be a PS4 only console gamer considering I've been a fan of Xbox since 2001. But there's just more stuff I like better on Sony this time around, Baseball being a major one.

LegendX48

I didn't personally pay for it but...

Now to wait for the patch to download before I can play.

also, not pictured, bought some shirts and stuff from Nintendo World Store back on the 12th during my time with my oldest brother on the east coast. Also, a bunch of games on steam.

edit: oh, also this, from a friend

19068282971_ac4148ec92_z.jpg

dvdjamm

Well, I never thought I'd be a PS4 only console gamer considering I've been a fan of Xbox since 2001. But there's just more stuff I like better on Sony this time around, Baseball being a major one.

Let's play some MLB in the future...I just hope that you don't mind my bad fielding.

Mercutio

My freshly modded Turbo Express is a new pickup this month.

6F268250-9903-4C34-8440-599C07ED24E8_zpsyx0ogscl.jpg

It was a unit that was originally working without sound; now it has all new capacitors throughout, a new fuse, a MUCH larger new screen, a region switch, and the ability to connect via composite to any TV with the AV jacks. You can even shut off the internal screen when you're playing it on a TV.

dperrin

It was a unit that was originally working without sound; now it has all new capacitors throughout, a new fuse, a MUCH larger new screen, a region switch, and the ability to connect via composite to any TV with the AV jacks. You can even shut off the internal screen when you're playing it on a TV.

That is awesome! Did you mod it yourself?

Mercutio

That is awesome! Did you mod it yourself?

Nope, I've done simple mods in the past and built arcade stick stuff, but I didn't trust myself with something so rare / valuable. I sent it out to Keith Courage on the PC Engine FX boards.

For scale, here's the old screen:
00353D6C-80EB-4322-AD56-FF7EA11CD20D_zpsdxdgfwxz.jpg

AlfaTrion

this looks amazing!

Mercutio

this looks amazing!

It's really the most comfortable portable system, too. There are really nice scalloped areas in the back to grip... and the internals are smaller than the outside. I yearn for a return to this sort of design-for-comfort in portables, as opposed to just having the thinnest thing possible.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Bought some Funko's.
The X-Files Alien (186) and Buffy The Vampire Slayer's Spike (124).

And Buffy Season 4, 6 & 7.

rij2uqhh.jpg

Those Funko's are so darn cute, especially the villains.

TheMoon

Bought some Funko's.
The X-Files Alien (186) and Buffy The Vampire Slayer's Spike (124).

And Buffy Season 4, 6 & 7.

rij2uqhh.jpg

Those Funko's are so darn cute, especially the villains.

You have amazing taste in TV series.

PS:
William the Bloody hype!

fernog323

After nearly 2 solid years of indecision and procrastination I finally got off my ass and bought the bicycle that I've had my eyes on for so long.

A Pashley Guv'nor.
It's a modern remake of their old 1930's Path Racer bike design. Hand built in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Gave it a ride around the town this afternoon grinning like a loon the entire time. :)

That's a beautiful bike. Around how much did it cost?

Top Bottom