• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

Been meaning to post this in the beginning of June, but lazys

First off, brand new Alienware Alpha. The guy I got it from had buyer's remorse and got it for quite a steal. Added a 250 GB Samsung SSD + 16 GB DDR3 RAM to go with it. Very small but quiet. Runs like a beauty. Perfect timing with the Steam sale too.

ePkhISy.jpg

Splatoon + Amiibo 3 Pack x2. Got it on launch day, one of the packs was for a friend.

08UXQzb.jpg

And last, already prepping for Civil War!

Cfs6dJF.jpg

How it looks on my backpack. Frenemies!

GCy369k.jpg

First off, brand new Alienware Alpha. The guy I got it from had buyer's remorse and got it for quite a steal. Added a 250 GB Samsung SSD + 16 GB DDR3 RAM to go with it. Very small but quiet. Runs like a beauty. Perfect timing with the Steam sale too.

ePkhISy.jpg

I've been thinking about getting one of those. Is upgrading what's inside really required for it to run better? The reviews I've read on the website say it's a must.

Got some new games this month

DSCN2385.jpg

DSCN2389.jpg

I also had an unexpected purchase. My wireless adapter for my PC went out, and instead of buying another one, which this one was only 2 years old. I ended up going to home depot and buying 100ft of cat6 cable, some cable end connectors, and a crimper tool. So now I have cable going all across my floor.

DSCN2382.jpg

DSCN2383.jpg

I also picked up a new pair of shoes which I found fairly cheap. Got a nice pair of adidas zx flux.
DSCN2386.jpg

My dad also bought a new pair of shoes, some new balance minimus. A week later he decided they were too small and bought a larger size. He wears size 10's and I wear 9.5's, so they're now mine.
DSCN2387.jpg

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

I was made an offer I couldn't refuse.
Also known as the PS+ machine. That made buying one even more tempting.
Activating every free PS4 title without owning one pay's out eventually. The list of games available to play "free" now that I own a PS4 is insane. Great stuff.
Loved the previous InFamous games, first impressions from this one are great. :D

Sinthetic

Had a tonne of stuff recently. I'll split them up so I don't cause carnage.

Junji Ito's: Fragments of Horror Hardback. Short story compilation with stunning spot glossed dust jacket.

AlsCxB2.jpg

gEdr6xZ.jpg

VATjiSw.jpg

TEs2ei9.jpg

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Complete Series + Movie

Kwu5Uyn.jpg

Wc9JGhV.jpg

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still Blu-ray BOX

2DjZABC.jpg

Tiger & Bunny Complete Series Japan

2qJKPc9.jpg

dJpvAUx.jpg

Ping Pong The Animation

dE4yFDK.jpg

That'll be enough for now.

-Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Xbox One)
-Trials Fusion (Xbox One)

I ordered Dead or Alive 5: Last Round from GameFly last week during a sale. It was $17.99. I've had Ultimate on PS3 for a good while now, but I still ended up playing the free Core Fighters version of Last Round on Xbox One for 38 hours. I was waiting for a price drop for the full version, and so when it went on sale on GameFly, I just had to get it. I already have DLC for it, too. An old friend gave me a code for the GameStop pre-order DLC, but I couldn't use DLC with the free version.

I was at Target earlier buying some groceries, and I stopped by the games section and saw one copy of Trials Fusion for $19.99, so I bought it. I've been wanting to get the game for a long time, but I always only saw it used, and I wanted to get it new so I get could the season pass and stuff with it. I was very happy when I saw that copy at Target.

B7xLuxp.png

Finally bought a US n3DS XL because I thought it was high time I get an upgrade from my PAL OG 3DS. The latter will become my Animal Crossing / Mario Kart machine.

Ultimate NES Remix included, since Nintendo probably doesn't want to grace us with a 3DS WarioWare game. It's the next best thing!

s984ANO.png

best friends

forever

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My first ever real router, I've always used the freebies you get with your ISP and MY GOD, what a difference. My wireless speed has doubled over 5GHz, it's now almost exactly the same as my wired speed. Also, Plex now instantly streams 720p content instead of taking 10 seconds to load. Overall I couldn't be happier with my buy, the best £60 I've spent in ages!

HrIq4qZ.jpg

jonno394

Think this will be the last of my DS purchasing for a while. So cheap and easy to build a good collection as DS games are dirt cheap. We're in that period where people have moved on to the 3DS but the games aren't retro enough to be collectable, and such the game prices are low. Plus plastic cases help, but you'd be surprised at how many auctions are for carts only :/

18736993599_0d86922322_c.jpg

Plus Issue 2 of the Vita Lounge magazine via Patreon.

I've been thinking about getting one of those. Is upgrading what's inside really required for it to run better? The reviews I've read on the website say it's a must.

Yep its pretty much a must. The SSD improves the boot up time substantially. The included 5400 rpm drive is too slow so you're better off taking it out and using it as a backup drive.

crimilde

Banned
I picked up some Vita games and Infamous Second Son as I found it cheap on Amazon, as well as a slipcover for the Vita, and some fantasy books which I had read on my Kindle but wanted to have in my collection (I love the covers!):

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

And I finally got around to grabbing a PSTV so I don't have to move the PS4 around when I wanna play on the second TV:

IMG_0186.jpg

Long time lurker of the monthly pick ups thread, first time posting : )

2015%2B-%2B1

2015%2B-%2B1

I'm tempted to open the Ness as the box is damaged somewhat. The Mother 3 reproduction is really well made from initial impressions, too bad i don't have a gba or ds to actually try it. (playing the game on android with a controller)

Jackano

That looks great! Well the sword at least. ;)
Where did you buy that?

On this etsy seller: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ripitupgenki?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I'm really satisfied with it. I did a long research between every replica we can find on etsy, ebay, and such. Overall good quality/price ratio.
Only a few detail like the painting and the jewel that aren't that good looking when you're close but this will not be a problem when on display.
Overall it's pretty big and heavy, I'm very happily surprised here.

I intend to try if I will be able to fix some leather on the grip, that's the usual extra customization fans do.

Been meaning to share this one for a while. Damn took forever for it to arrive.

Moto 360 with Steel Connect M Adapters so I could use regular regular watch bands on it. Here it is with a Seiko rubber diver's band. To top it off, a MGS watch face. I love it! Much lighter than I though it would be.

sRMed55.jpg

edit: I noticed how ridiculously large it looks on my small wrist but I don't care, i still love rockin the thing

illusionary

E3 sold me on the Xbox One, finally completing the set of current-gen consoles:

lYnLyYo.jpg

But I'm far from giving up on the PS4, with The Order: 1886 hitting the right price for me and Destiny and Metro Redux an impulse pre-owned buy:

lro6AsK.jpg

Top Bottom