• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

Not exactly sure how to take an elegant picture of it, but I picked up a Galaxy S6 as my new phone. Having upgraded from an S4, all I can say is HOLY SHIT THIS PHONE IS AMAZING.

kW8Fwmj.jpg

Wait, what? This game is out?

ike_

June is my birthday month, and a friend of mine with a taste for mashing out incomprehensible anime fighting games with me certainly has delivered this year:

Also very very honorable mention:

First adventure game in 20 years I've had no desire to look up hints for. It's not so hard that you would get stuck for more than a few minutes, but when you do its fine just walking around absorbing that art and atmosphere trying to figure out what you are missing.

tav7623

Here are my pick ups so far this month

Pictured Above:
Xbox One 500 GB Master Chief Collection Bundle
Batman: Arkham Knight
Shenmue II
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1
X-Men Legends
Boy Inkling Amiibo

Steam Summer Sale haul:
Castlevania: LoS 2 + All DLC
Contrast Collector's Edition
DreadOut
King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition
Skullgirls DLC Characters Squigly & Big Band
Sonic CD
White Night

Yazuka

I finally upgraded my TV. I got a new LG 55", its really great! Don't remember the model numbers and such. But what an upgrade coming from a 42" tv. Well I felt the same when I upgraded from a 32".

2015-06-26%20-%20Ny%20TV%20Batman%20amp%20Tales%20figur.jpg

Same figure that's on the tv photo. Was so happy to get my hands on this figure, since I sadly missed out on both Tales of Xillia LEs.
2015-06-26%20-%20Milla%20figur.jpg

Gamble

Here are my pick ups so far this month

Pictured Above:
Xbox One 500 GB Master Chief Collection Bundle
Batman: Arkham Knight
Shenmue II
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1
X-Men Legends
Boy Inkling Amiibo

Steam Summer Sale haul:
Castlevania: LoS 2 + All DLC
Contrast Collector's Edition
DreadOut
King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition
Skullgirls DLC Characters Squigly & Big Band
Sonic CD
White Night

That's quite a dent in the corner of that box, was the system ok when you unpacked it?

tav7623

That's quite a dent in the corner of that box, was the system ok when you unpacked it?

yeah the system was perfectly fine when I unpacked it (I checked and found nothing inside the box that was bent or dented) and honestly the dent looks worse than it actually is

vityaz

Went and got a couple of 24" monitors, Asus VG248QE, tateable for shmups and code. The dvi cables were somewhat short so not much I could do about them now, I'll get them sorted out in the future.

Tl3mh3U.jpg

My June pickups consist mostly of bargain bin scores... and Yoshi.

a Wii U game: Yoshi's Woolly World

PS3 games: The Evil Within Limited Edition (I kind of like the holographic thingy), Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness, Wet, Gran Turismo 6 (15th Anniversary Edition), and Destiny (Vanguard Armoury Edition)
I'm not really into GT games, but it came (nearly) free with any Play-Asia order.

PSVita games: Rayman Legends/Rayman Origins, Resistance: Burning Skies

DS games: Tokyo Beat Down, Pokémon Conquest

a PSP game: Crush

a 3DS game: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

some books: Hardcore Gaming 101 presents Castlevania (color edition), Hardcore Gaming 101 presents The Unofficial Guide to Konami Shooters

catchan

Neo Member
Not the only, but the best pick up so far that arrived:

and that's under special conditions since the postal and delivery service is striking at the moment here in Germany....

(that's why the actual game is stuck in a distribution center along with the PS4)

Those woolly Yoshi Amiibos are so rare that one of the employees of the store where it was preordered and delivered to put a note on one of them saying: If the customer doesn't pick it up don't put in on sale, I'll take it!!

Westraid

Got a call today from a store manager that an elderly lady -my grandmother- wanted to purchase something, but they couldn't understand what she meant by her description, and they asked me on her behalf to come over.
It was a thank you gift from her because I've been doing her cooking, cleaning and the laundry for the past 10 years so she wouldn't have to go to an elderly home.
I love my Grandmother very much, and gladly did it for free, but I was really moved by her gift. Neither of us are very wealthy.

So, without further ado, the 'thing you can play Monopoly on the tv with':
xbodqkmq.png

Got a call today from a store manager that an elderly lady -my grandmother- wanted to purchase something, but they couldn't understand what she meant by her description, and they asked me on her behalf to come over.
It was a thank you gift from her because I've been doing her cooking, cleaning and the laundry for the past 10 years so she wouldn't have to go to an elderly home.
I love my Grandmother very much, and gladly did it for free, but I was really moved by her gift. Neither of us are very wealthy.

xbodqkmq.png

Your grandmother sounds like a great person. As do you!

sholmes

Neo Member
Went and got a couple of 24" monitors, Asus VG248QE, tateable for shmups and code. The dvi cables were somewhat short so not much I could do about them now, I'll get them sorted out in the future.

Tl3mh3U.jpg

Do you mind posting a link to your wallpaper(s), please?

Ecto311

pti5Vewl.jpg

ZiJKB9cl.jpg

e7e4t18l.jpg

njLoFHGl.jpg

sw0RlAkl.jpg

The top buttons are a lot better than before. Hope this controller works better than my day one controller. Found this at best buy - they had a ton of them.

MrFortyFive

xbodqkmq.png

This is a great story. So much love from both sides. Enjoy your new electronic monopoly box!

Big Dog

Picked up these two CD's I had been wanting the day after I got home from my study abroad.

6W9fpqT.jpg

Also got this book the same day as the CD's as I've been seeing movie trailers and heard a lot of good news about it. And I have seen plenty of people post these S.H. Figuarts figures that I ended up picking one up in Italy that I came across. Only payed 60 Euros for Krillin and from the looks of the internet prices I got a great deal.

519Lvr4.jpg

dodgeme

Couldn't resist the 4k urge any longer. Got a great deal in my opinion on a used Samsung U28D290D and I gotta say for general PC use and gaming it blows 1080p away. While my GTX 970 is a tad on the low end it's pulling decent frames in most games even if I have to compromise a few graphics settings here and there.

Also new is the desk, was sick of the cheap particle board one I had and I am an absolute sucker for glass furniture so I bought the Walker Edison one from Amazon. Improves the look a ton although my wire management could be way better.

Top Bottom