• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
user friendly said:
New TV. 9G KURO.

106kphw.jpg

Hey, what kind of stand is this? I see this type in WalMart all the time, but it looks really nice in this set up.

Tech craft

Didn't get it from their site but yeah Walmart has a similar stand but I doubt the build quality is as good. I love this thing although I wish I got the one with three shelves. A little pricey but nothing out of reach.

akakaze said:
Oh yeah, and this (plus two more, a Capcom 18-in-1 and an empty Atomiswave:

n13743199_47006822_7973473.jpg

I wanna take you for a riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide....

Nice one man, I love the Taito Egret II. It's my second favorite candy cab next to the Astro City.

Where are you located and how did you get a hold of one?

user friendly said:
Tech craft

Didn't get it from their site but yeah Walmart has a similar stand but I doubt the build quality is as good. I love this thing although I wish I got the one with three shelves. A little pricey but nothing out of reach.

yea I bought that stand from amazon. pretty fucking good stand and not hard at all to put together.

alba

Little is the new Big
Ashour said:
Got Prototype last Wednesday, didn't get the chance to play it yet cause I'm still going through Infamous.

Proto2.jpg

Proto.jpg

Same here, how does it run on the PS3? I want impressions and so on please!
Thanks.

JEKKI

whoo! first pickup of the month!!

v5yiic.jpg

this shyt is going straight to my backlog for the next 3 years!!

I havent even beaten Yggdra Union yet >_<

Pick Ups from the Past Week:

3599894876_46796b675f.jpg

PS3 TE Stick.

3599084995_e697ce2859.jpg

FFAC Blu-ray (x2), Infamous.

3599895018_4b5ef0d1a2.jpg

T6 360 Faceplate and PS3 Console Skin.

3599895070_3f75201405.jpg

HDFury 2.

3599085193_0fdedf4919.jpg

And a Wii Sports Resort Frisbee from E3. :)

Ashour

AgentOtaku said:
Please please please tell me how it runs on the ol' PStriple

...I've yet to see ANY footage of it besides when it was 360 code

alba said:
Same here, how does it run on the PS3? I want impressions and so on please!
Thanks.

I only tried the game once to see if it's working so I can't give an impression but one of my friends is 9 hours deep in the game and here is what he has to say:

The game is very addictive he couldn't stop playing for hours, the pace of the game is very fast and the more you upgrade your speed the faster the pace became which is one of the strong points of the game, the controls are excellent, you feel evil and bad ass playing this game, Trophies are hard to get only 4 unlocked in 8 hours.

He gave Infamous a 9.5 score and thinks that Prototype is more fun and says that it's a total different experience from Infamous also he didn't face any slowdowns or frame rate issues until now.

Hope this helps.

akakaze

Banned
_dementia said:
Nice one man, I love the Taito Egret II. It's my second favorite candy cab next to the Astro City.

Where are you located and how did you get a hold of one?

Actually I'm in Minnesota, where there are next to no arcades and definitely no candy cabs. The story is an interesting one. I was originally going to attend the Tokyo Game Action auction in Massachusetts because I've been looking for a way to get a hold of candy cabinets for some time...after discussing with some folks on the Neo Geo forums, it looked like the cabs at the TGA auction were going to be bidded up to insane prices, and they gave me contact info for a few dealers willing to ship cabs across the US. Since freight from MA to MN was going to be $1800 no matter how many cabs I bought, it was actually cheaper to go through a dealer in CA.

This way I'm also getting exactly what I want. Two EgretII's and an Atomiswave. :) If you want more info, PM me.

About 2 months ago I started playing around with music very casually. Since then I have gotten fairly serious about. Went from FL Studio 8 to Reason, and changed my keyboard

Old: M-Audio KeyRig49 (+gallon of bourbon+sweet tea mixed 50/50)
photo-3.jpg

New: M-Audio Axiom 49
axiom2.jpg

axiom1.jpg

Graphic Novels: Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns
watchemn.jpg

Laptop I got for almost nothing and fixed the dc jack and adapter, cheap Insignia camcorder so if I break it it's not a big deal, skull candy ink'd earbuds
laptopandcamera.jpg

Finally got back my HDTV from my ex fiancee after a year long battle, bought a new stand
hdtv.jpg

56" Samsung 1080p DLP already had taken back my PS3, 360 and bought RB2

and the best pick up i've had in a long time
Juno1.jpg

Juno2.jpg

Juno, full blooded boxer @ 7 weeks old

the bad quality pics are due to my slanted ceiling and having only 1 light source, im running out of room in my room

starfyutada.jpg

I called Best Buy today and they said they had 8 copies of Starfy. I asked them if they were on the shelf and the person said yes. I get there, no where in site. Ask an employee, they say it isn't out until tomorrow. Then I looked for Utada's new album and finally found it. Used the gift card that I got when I bought Punch-Out.

Later on went out to Target and they didn't have it out on their display case. But the employee spent a good amount of time looking on his computer, and then found it in a store room and went to get me a copy. :)

So yay Starfy is mine =D

marwan

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Don't forget the new iPhones later this month!

i loled! :)

actually, i'll just update my current iPhone 3G to OS 3.0 and i'm a happy camper. The additional 3.2mp cam and built in compass are not worth the upgrade. besides, the N97 already has a built in compass.

Yes Boss!

marwan said:
i loled! :)

actually, i'll just update my current iPhone 3G to OS 3.0 and i'm a happy camper. The additional 3.2mp cam and built in compass are not worth the upgrade. besides, the N97 already has a built in compass.

Yeah, I might not upgrade. Though my original iPhone contract ends in August. I'm debating going without a cell phone for a year. Just sick of paying a monthly bill and I only use about fifty minutes a month anyways. I doubt I'll be able to do it after having a cell phone for a decade, though.

Machine

Recent pickups:

Some games
6-8-09pickups001.jpg

Run DMC - I saw this in last month's pickup thread and had to track down a set for myself. I originally picked these albums up when they were new releases (I still have the cassette tapes in a box a spare room).
6-8-09pickups002.jpg

marwan

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, I might not upgrade. Though my original iPhone contract ends in August. I'm debating going without a cell phone for a year. Just sick of paying a monthly bill and I only use about fifty minutes a month anyways. I doubt I'll be able to do it after having a cell phone for a decade, though.

living without a mobile is impossible for me and would only make life harder and inconvenient! :lol ...i get tons of calls and sms from friends and family, it's all about staying connected and all, plus i browse the net, checked email and youtube(when using iPhone) frequently.

i doubt you'd last for more than a week or two in today's world without a cell phone buddy.

marwan

Banned
Mattlikewhoa said:
Damn I wish I didn't see this!!! You are making me want to spend money I don't have:lol DO WANT!!! What do you think of it so far?

i'm loving it so far, but i wish it had a capacitive screen instead of resistive. The iPhone screen spoiled all of us :)

Ashour

STG said:
http://s10.directupload.net/images/090608/37gtu5iq.jpg
inFamous Special Edition
+
Official PS3 Bluetooth® Headset

This is the 1st time I see the SE infamous, it's really sexy.

Yes Boss!

marwan said:
i doubt you'd last for more than a week or two in today's world without a cell phone buddy.

True, but I only use it for the internet and an emergency if I'm on the freeway. I actually don't get TV or even watch it...so I'm at least capable of not using one of the modern devices! Who knows, a new replacement iPhone is attractive but I'm so sick of paying $65 a month...and it will jump to $75.

eznark

Banned
AwRy108 said:
Well done! Love the landscaping, too.

Thanks, can't wait til it all grows in (and those sons-a-bitches show up with the mulch!) We're still trying to finish it off and add some trees in the front yard. I'm thinking pear trees.

DestinRL (and anyone else) where does one go to get an arcade machine? I want to pick up a Golden Tee machine but outside of eBay I have no clue where to look.

psy18

My first (and hopefully last) 360. Plus PS3 fightstick. Were going to grab a PS3 too but rather wait for slim/pricecut. Oh, and I already got HRAP-EX for my 360 a few months ago.

100_2988_resize.jpg

100_2985_resize.jpg

It's Jasper!

psy18 said:
My first (and hopefully last) 360. Plus PS3 fightstick. Were going to grab a PS3 too but rather wait for slim/pricecut. Oh, and I already got HRAP-EX for my 360 a few months ago.
Pics? HRAP EX-SE is the sexiest stick Hori has ever released IMO. I regret not owning one.

Top Bottom