• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Yes Boss! said:
Argh, trying so hard not to buy M+ till late July with Resort. NEED new nintendo hardware.
You might as well buy one since you'll probably be playing WSR multiplayer right?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
-PXG- said:
Wait? So you're only getting the pillow case? Are you fucking kidding me?

Pillow is an extra 5000 yen! Holy crap.

Wanted to get one of those as a gag gift...screw it at that price.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Defuser said:
Dude,it's hinagiku. Fanboys will pay a shitload of anything for her.

Don't really know anything about her :lol But just figuring its another random Moe(Or Ero Show) character fanboys go crazy over and spend obsessive amounts on money on isn't too hard to figure out :lol

Then again, Its hard to laugh at him when plenty others here spend obsessive amounts of money on Electronics, Games, Clothes, etc. Take a pick. All I'm saying is, they are a shit load of money to buy

Yes Boss!

sykoex said:
You might as well buy one since you'll probably be playing WSR multiplayer right?

I'm a solo gamer through and through. Don't ever play multi-player, local or online.

I do have three Wiimotes with a fourth black coming but I only need one M+. Plus, I'm getting a black dongle when they release it in Japan.

That said, tempted to spring for the Tiger Woods bundle. Decisions, decisions.

I go the yeezy's at niketown Chicago, these I got in the mail early last week:
IMG_1530-1.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
MortalMonkey said:
I go the yeezy's at niketown Chicago, these I got in the mail early last week:
IMG_1530-1.jpg

Nice Air More Uptempos!

I had the olympic colorway back in the day... good stuff!

ArchAngel

eznark

Banned
Kadey said:
Nice. How much did that set you back if I may ask? Something like that would be around the 500k mark around here.

All I got was another PS3 recently and I'm on the second phase of having a deck built connected to my garage and in the back of my house, besides minor stuff.

I already owned the land so it wasn't as expensive as you'd think. Plus, we started construction last November, during the worst of the housing slump. I was able to get some pretty great terms and concessions from the builder. Lucky timing shaved about 15% off the final number. It was significantly less than 500k thanks to land, location and luck.

So does anyone know where I can get a Golden Tee machine?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
glaurung said:
That terminator head is super awesome, but why the hell are the teeth lines painted with a freaking marker?

Looks fine just looking at it, that is an up close photo.

Proc said:
Dude the eyes light up? Niice.

Yeah and pulsate with the sound effects from the base.

FallenCow

Neo Member
eznark said:
I already owned the land so it wasn't as expensive as you'd think. Plus, we started construction last November, during the worst of the housing slump. I was able to get some pretty great terms and concessions from the builder. Lucky timing shaved about 15% off the final number. It was significantly less than 500k thanks to land, location and luck.

So does anyone know where I can get a Golden Tee machine?

Awesome pickup! I'm very green with envy!

...sadly housing prices are still out of whack in Orange County, CA.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yes Boss! said:
Argh, trying so hard not to buy M+ till late July with Resort. NEED new nintendo hardware.

But it now; the one I purchased was the only one left in the store. This thing is gonna sell like crazy.

evilgreg

Neo Member
New MacBook! I picked up one of the last available unibody MacBooks before they updated. Also got a new iTouch and case...

3613574761_dfa145cbee_o.jpg

3613575281_a9d29c2272_o.jpg

3613576007_2b6af5e89e_o.jpg

3614396790_41c32575b1_o.jpg

I'm happy because the newly updated MacBook Pro takes away the ability to remove the battery, which I can't stand. So far I'm loving it.

sykoex said:

That's what I did. Picked one up yesterday since they were on the shelves. It'll sit for over a month, but I figure they'll be harder to find once WSR hits.

Vorador

Banned
Some stuff between last week and today

c9c929dd.jpg

inFamous
I can't get the Gigawatt Blades code to work, but nevertheless the game is hella fun.

58f62417.jpg

Ar Tonelico II
PAL version. I bought it because i read the Raki battle freezing bug was eliminated, plus it was priced at 26€

8ff31df2.jpg

Star Ocean 4 CE and Guide Book
Pretty nifty.

Yes Boss!

Regulus Tera said:
But it now; the one I purchased was the only one left in the store. This thing is gonna sell like crazy.

Yeah, I picked a M+ dongle at Fry's. My harddrive on my iMac failed this morning so I had to get all surgery-like and replace it...quite a task but I've got a paper due tomorrow so I had do it. Really bummer since I've been awake for 26 hours. Only consolation: I stopped at Mitsuwa (formerly Yaohan's for you old-time folks) to buy a couple of nice Japanesey beers.

Dagon

evilgreg said:
New MacBook! I picked up one of the last available unibody MacBooks before they updated. Also got a new iTouch and case...

I'm happy because the newly updated MacBook Pro takes away the ability to remove the battery, which I can't stand. So far I'm loving it.

Just out of curiosity, how often do you change batteries? Apart from adding more memory a couple times, I've never removed my battery. Do you usually have multiple batteries on hand?

3615338604_10b122f711.jpg

Works great with my PS2 sticks and converter (I would have picked up the PS2 version but my PS2 is no longer connected to my TV).

So hyped for BB at the end of the month!

Yes Boss!

M+ Dongle...not to be used till six weeks from now. Also, got some beer, a new harddrive for my computer and the tools to install it. Who knew the glass screen on the aluminum iMacs were held on by magnets! (that's why there are suction cups). Took the bad boy apart (photo below).

P1000982.jpg

P1000983.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, I picked a M+ dongle at Fry's. My harddrive on my iMac failed this morning so I had to get all surgery-like and replace it...quite a task but I've got a paper due tomorrow so I had do it. Really bummer since I've been awake for 26 hours. Only consolation: I stopped at Mitsuwa (formerly Yaohan's for you old-time folks) to buy a couple of nice Japanesey beers.
Ah I miss going to Yaohan. You're talking about the one by Irvine, not the one in Little Tokyo right?

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:
Ah I miss going to Yaohan. You're talking about the one by Irvine, not the one in Little Tokyo right?

Yeah, Costa Mesa. Though I used to hit up the one in LA too. Damn, Yaohan's is where I used to get my PC-Engine Fan magazines, weekly Famitsus, and most of my import games back in the early nineties...even got my Supergrafx there.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The Yaohan in San Diego also turned into a Mitsuwa.... now we have a BOOK OFF next to it as well!

good times!

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
The Yaohan in San Diego also turned into a Mitsuwa.... now we have a BOOK OFF next to it as well!

good times!

But no Kinokuniya :-( But the replacement store is greatly expanded in the Costa Mesa location. I don't know if I ever went to the Yaohan's in San Diego...probably have, since I lived down there.

neoism,

I work at a Shell Gas Station in South Orange County. Nothing glamorous, but I've been going back to school and it works for me.

dankir

grap3fruitman said:
Also got this handy-dandy rock:
IMG_3178.jpg

Someone thought it would be a good idea to throw that thing off an overpass on 290W in Chicago at on-coming traffic. Guess whose windshield it went through: my mom's. Yeah...

That's fucking dangerous shit man. Somebody did the same thing here in Montreal, the rock hit the driver and they ended up crashing and dying. Terrible stuff.

BKXB

Economist
grap3fruitman said:
Someone thought it would be a good idea to throw that thing off an overpass on 290W in Chicago at on-coming traffic. Guess whose windshield it went through: my mom's. Yeah...

If no one got hurt, consider yourselves very very lucky! What's wrong with people though, eh?

2009junepickup01.jpg

Showing some Wii love wiht TW10, an extra M+ with the magnum condom, Grand Slam Tennis, Punch Out, a Flip Ultra HD, and some Mexican Coke. :D

2009junepickup02.jpg

In this corner we have another 360 TE stick (thanks NameGenerated), some tea, Sweeney Todd and Sleepy Hollow BDs, 2 Wii Sports Resorts frisbees from E3, and an E3 LoZ:Spirit Tracks DS stylus.

2009junepickup03.jpg

The wifey stood in line for me for this while I was working the Sony booth when I wasn't really planning on getting one in the first place. <3

evilgreg

Neo Member
Dagon said:
Just out of curiosity, how often do you change batteries? Apart from adding more memory a couple times, I've never removed my battery. Do you usually have multiple batteries on hand?
On my previous MacBook I had to replace the battery twice. I bring my Mac with me to classes and work, using a ton of charge cycles. I know we can still replace the battery on the new MacBook Pro but I'm happy with my little guy.

eXistor

cooljeanius said:
You're the only one in this thread who's picked up Starfy so far? I thought more people on GAF would have picked it up. How is it? And where is the official thread?
I bought the Japanese Starfy (4 I think) and I didn;t really like it. Had I not played that one I would have probably bought this.

tha_devil

Vorador said:
Some stuff between last week and today

c9c929dd.jpg

inFamous
I can't get the Gigawatt Blades code to work, but nevertheless the game is hella fun.

I have the same problem, code doesnt work. I have UK version and dutch psnstore account. I searched on google and apparently you need a store account from the land where u purchased the game to get it to work? Maybe you have the same as me?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
finally after 6/7 weeks of waiting for my shipment!

htwnxz.jpg

LOVE it, was worried after xii which is a good game but totally not my style, and this totally is, purchase confirmed :D

Top Bottom