• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

purg3

slept with Malkin
DiddyBop said:
is there something special about that faceplate to make it worth 60 bucks? like,whats the story behind it?

Limited amount made, and given out to attendees of an MS press conference during E3 a few years ago.

CPS2

zmet said:
1siTHDYonA86c-RywLGKQ1MqmU0sJv8K2T6cXTf0FhqVJCRWlZkqL2cxN70uIbpEWF_4P_wfAlhOMH_OyTzZBIdScfSBDqHH5VidNopy1fM

Sengoku Basara X (Jpn - PS2) - Probably my last purchase for this month.

Nice :D Make sure to post some impressions!

My copy should be arriving next week.

Rlan

supersmash.jpg

I'm not even a FAN of Guitar Hero games, I've never been into them or rock band. But this was the conversation I had with my father:

Dad: Hey. So Guitar Hero III, is $70AU a good price for it?
Me: Yeah, but I'm not a fan of Guitar Hero, I wouldn't play it.
Dad: Well I bought it anyway.

As you do :lol Technically it's a "free" game for me since he buys plenty of Lacrosse stuff for my brother. Even still... :lol

Finally got Smash Bros after months of waiting in Australia. Bought Puyo Pop Fever and the 2in1 for $10 each [using the $10 coupon I got with Smash too] to add to the "Sonic" collection.

-viper-

Banned
snv3325copy250.jpg

Got most of this last month with the exception of MGS4. But I sold Army Of Two once I completed it so I don't have it anymore...

Not pictured: Dual Shock 3, 250GB 2.5' hard drive, 8GB PNY Optima USB Stick, Warhawk, Calling All Cars.

maskrider

Router said:
What's it like? I was kind of interested until I saw it looked like a PS2 game.

It does look like a higher res PS2 game, with all the long loading and pretty rough graphics.

It seems only Japanese version have network battle, the Asian version that I bought does not support online battle.

maskrider said:
PS3 - Dragon Ball w/ booklet, Initial D
june2008-9.jpg

Einhander PSN
june2008-10.jpg

Wait?!?! What the fuck? how did you get ID so early???

Edit: I forgot that a lot of the time, HK shops sell titles well before the release date.

I'm still holding on to the fact that my JPN version will ship early.

How do you like it so far? Have you tired it in the arcade?

radjago said:
I've got some more stuff to post, but I thought I'd get this one up right now.

photo_2483.jpg

I'm not sure exactly WTF this thing is, but it's in my house now, so I thought I'd better learn to use it.

EDIT: MOAR!

photo_5771.jpg

photo_6837.jpg

This is stuff from the last 2-3 months. I've been hitting a lot of clearances and sales lately.

DOUBLE EDIT: Epic failure.

Just how did you manage to have everything mirrored? The mind, it boggles.

Outcast2004 said:
Just how did you manage to have everything mirrored? The mind, it boggles.

:lol He took the pictures with his new iSight! Just to let him know, you can flip the pictures under the edit menu in Photo Booth!

maskrider

Mattlikewhoa said:
Wait?!?! What the fuck? how did you get ID so early???

Edit: I forgot that a lot of the time, HK shops sell titles well before the release date.

I'm still holding on to the fact that my JPN version will ship early.

How do you like it so far? Have you tired it in the arcade?

1. HK Asian version does not have online, I'll read others comment on Japanese version for online part and decide if I will sell the Asian version and get a Japanese version later on (not that I will play online, just to feel complete with my collection and that's all)
2. Loading is rather long, graphics is high res. PS2
3. I haven't played in arcades for at least a decade, couldn't compare

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Got myself a new TV today and I am in fucking love. I swear it has the best picture EVER.

newTV%20(2).JPG

newTV.JPG

shitscreenshots.JPG

shitscreenshots%20(2).JPG

shame I suck at taking pics of it in motion :lol

Also picked up MGS4, NG2, DBZ:BL, GH:Aero, Bad Company this month!

Just real quick if anyone can answer me. Where is the best place to buy MGS stuff, like posters, soundtracks, T-Shirts, ect. Some of the stuff you guys posted is amazing, and I would die to have some of that swag.

Also if I buy MGS Integral, will it work with my North American PS3?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Blu_LED said:
Just real quick if anyone can answer me. Where is the best place to buy MGS stuff, like posters, soundtracks, T-Shirts, ect. Some of the stuff you guys posted is amazing, and I would die to have some of that swag.

Also if I buy MGS Integral, will it work with my North American PS3?

no

Valkyr Junkie said:
How'd you get Initial D so early?

It's not uncommon for games to show up for sale in HK before the official release. I hate the fact that I won't see the Japanese version shipping early...

And maskrider, would you mind posting what you think of the game so far in the Initial D:Extreme Stage thread? (not to clog this one up with questions)...

marwan

Banned
i think i need to check into a phone rehab, this is my 3rd mobile phone in a approximately a week! lol

sexy phone, great UI, a better iPhone 3G substitute since it does so may other things the iPhone could only dream of! and it's smaller to boot (it's actually the Georgeo Armani phone but the super version with the Samsung branding)

5 Megapixel with LED , 3.5G (which is HSDPA), all touch screen navigation except the call/hangup and enter button) ...i threw the SD card there just for size approximation, the phone takes micoSD memory cards instead
28062008656.jpg

sexy, vivid colorful UI with animated menus, and the standby screen has drag and drop widgets....very nice! the screen is 2.8"
29062008669-1.jpg

and last, i was randomly on Gamespot's site and downloaded some HD Naruto videos and i couldn't contain myself and rushed and bought it! i love the show, and GS gave it 7.5, which is not bad in my book considering they're tough on scoring, and anime movies to games don't translate well most of the time, if not all the time, except for this one.

Photo0019.jpg

MCD

Label said:
Got myself a new TV today and I am in fucking love. I swear it has the best picture EVER.
newTV%20(2).JPG

newTV.JPG

i am buying the very same tv in a few days, any more impressions, please?

The last of the gamer on a budget June pick ups:

IMG_0422-1.jpg

Stranglehold - $10 at EB
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - Free from Goozex
Skate - $20 from Rogers
Burnout Paradise - $20 from Rogers.
New issue of EGM - Free Subscription.

cjdunn

McDragon said:
i am buying the very same tv in a few days, any more impressions, please?

It's been my first month with my 46" version. My first HDTV and it's truly awesome.
I replayed Pixel Junk Monsters on it last night with this expression: =O

kylej

Banned
SnowWolf said:
More than $60, it commonly fetches $200+ on ebay... that guy got an absolute steal for $60.
Yep :)

a better pic

16693june007.jpg

Not sure why Microsoft bothered with those wood faceplates instead of mass-producing these.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Label said:

newTV%20(2).JPG

shame I suck at taking pics of it in motion :lol

Also picked up MGS4, NG2, DBZ:BL, GH:Aero, Bad Company this month!

Hawt TV. What's the model number?

X

x2y

Unconfirmed Member
maskrider said:
PS3 - Dragon Ball w/ booklet, Initial D
june2008-9.jpg

Einhander PSN
june2008-10.jpg
I want to get Eihander from the jp psn. Assuming you don't live in Japan how did you get it? psn card? Or is there some sort of trickery to get my good old visa and mastercard to work on the jp psn?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
kylej said:
Yep :)

a better pic

16693june007.jpg

Not sure why Microsoft bothered with those wood faceplates instead of mass-producing these.

Oh, hey kylej, didn't realize it was you. Stairs in your house lol.

Kagari said:
WHERE CAN I GET MGS SHIRTS.

Uniqlo stores - UK, New York, or Japan. I think you can order online also, but I don't know what countries they ship to. And there's always ebay.

Blu_LED said:

/QUOTE]
Anyone?

maskrider

x2y said:
I want to get Eihander from the jp psn. Assuming you don't live in Japan how did you get it? psn card? Or is there some sort of trickery to get my good old visa and mastercard to work on the jp psn?

PSN card from Play-Asia.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ermac said:
Hawt TV. What's the model number?

LE40A656

It dropped in price yesterday, so it was down to £799 which was lucky because I was about to go out Friday and get it for £999 :lol

"i am buying the very same tv in a few days, any more impressions, please?"

Impressions of the tv.. its fucking awesome. I have owned multiple Plasma's and LCD's and this is by far the best I have ever owned. my mate has the new Sony KDL40W4000 and imo this has a much better picture, and deals with scaling/motion much better.

You will not be disappointed if you buy it! Gaming has never looked so good.

(my father has last years model, which looks amazing and this one totally blows it out of the water, just a shame I do not have a decent cam so I can take better pics!)

marwan said:
i think i need to check into a phone rehab, this is my 3rd mobile phone in a approximately a week! lol

sexy phone, great UI, a better iPhone 3G substitute since it does so may other things the iPhone could only dream of! and it's smaller to boot (it's actually the Georgeo Armani phone but the super version with the Samsung branding)

5 Megapixel with LED , 3.5G (which is HSDPA), all touch screen navigation except the call/hangup and enter button) ...i threw the SD card there just for size approximation, the phone takes micoSD memory cards instead
28062008656.jpg

sexy, vivid colorful UI with animated menus, and the standby screen has drag and drop widgets....very nice! the screen is 2.8"
29062008669-1.jpg

and last, i was randomly on Gamespot's site and downloaded some HD Naruto videos and i couldn't contain myself and rushed and bought it! i love the show, and GS gave it 7.5, which is not bad in my book considering they're tough on scoring, and anime movies to games don't translate well most of the time, if not all the time, except for this one.

Photo0019.jpg

That is one sexy phone. Too bad Rogers doesn't list it on their site. I wonder if I can find it unlocked in Canada for a decent price...

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Photo-0028.jpg

Birthday today :D

Wii
Smash Bros. Brawl LE
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Big Beach Sports
Gold St. Christopher Medallion
Pewter Tankard

Sorry about the quality

rocK`

Banned
marwan said:

28062008656.jpg

29062008669-1.jpg

That phone looks amazing, AT&T?

MCD

cjdunn said:
It's been my first month with my 46" version. My first HDTV and it's truly awesome.
I replayed Pixel Junk Monsters on it last night with this expression: =O

Label said:
LE40A656

It dropped in price yesterday, so it was down to £799 which was lucky because I was about to go out Friday and get it for £999 :lol

"i am buying the very same tv in a few days, any more impressions, please?"

Impressions of the tv.. its fucking awesome. I have owned multiple Plasma's and LCD's and this is by far the best I have ever owned. my mate has the new Sony KDL40W4000 and imo this has a much better picture, and deals with scaling/motion much better.

You will not be disappointed if you buy it! Gaming has never looked so good.

(my father has last years model, which looks amazing and this one totally blows it out of the water, just a shame I do not have a decent cam so I can take better pics!)

it's done then, i am getting it tonight.

so long my old 720p set.

thanks btw.

NinjaFridge said:
Birthday today :D

Wii
Smash Bros. Brawl LE
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Big Beach Sports
Gold St. Christopher Medallion
Pewter Tankard

Sorry about the quality
Is that a SE of Smash Bros? Something only for Europe?

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Label said:
LE40A656

Truth.

I bought KDL40W4000 and my friend decided to go with LE40A656 and I have to say Samsung takes the trophy :(

Well actually I think BD-movies are looking bit better on my TV but console games looks better on Samsung especially fast paced games. Also the black level on that Samsung is fucking ridiculous it's on bar with plasma televisions.

Top Bottom