• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

348r9tj.jpg

VVV

Pic's so big, I'm putting my text entry here:

I spent about $440 this month out of pocket (bye bye, stimulus check) and used about $50 in store credits. I couldn't resist getting Hajime no Ippo from rightstuf for $8 a DVD (then they lowered it to $5 per, oops). The spines don't have volume numbers so I added stickers.

So, once again GameStop's 20-25% off used coupons made me impulse buy a lot of stuff. Shoddy conversions of Spy Hunter and Super Sprint are enough to make me stay away from all future DSI developed releases (I didn't expect them to suck THIS much... then again, they can't even offer single cart multiplay on DS for *UNO*).

Forgot to put Cowboy Bebop UMD with this month's stuff, so I crossed out older obtains.

Most of my gaming time this month has been spent playing a couple hundred rounds worth of Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee. I've even neglected Metal Gear Solid 4 because of it (blasphemy, I know).

I'm about halfway through Ring of Hell. The author uses a lot of exaggeration with his choice in adjectives and it's pretty sensationalist, but as a longtime wrestling fan it's easy to pick out what's being embellished upon and what isn't. I recommend it for wrassle fans.

I'm impressed how faithful Wolfenstein 3D for GBA is to the original.

About halfway through Ippo (which is about where I stopped when viewing fansubs back in the day). Thanks to bjork for linking me to http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/ for when I'm done with the TV series.

Now... I just need to stop buying stuff (except for the new Ric Flair DVD coming out) until Bangai-O Spirits and Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff come out.

G-Fex

2008-06-27-00139.jpg

My brand new laptop!!!!!!

2008-06-27-00207.jpg

Metal gear Solid 4, Ikaruga, Space Invaders Extreme, Ultimate Ghost and Goblins, Gradius Collection, and Capcom Classics Collection reloaded

2008-06-27-00219.jpg

Wii points card 2000, Capcom Classics Collection Remixed, Motorstorm.

radjago

I've got some more stuff to post, but I thought I'd get this one up right now.

photo_2483.jpg

I'm not sure exactly WTF this thing is, but it's in my house now, so I thought I'd better learn to use it.

EDIT: MOAR!

photo_5771.jpg

photo_6837.jpg

This is stuff from the last 2-3 months. I've been hitting a lot of clearances and sales lately.

DOUBLE EDIT: Epic failure.

lolmark

Kuran said:
This is a new artbook by Kazuma Kaneko, Atlus' character designer.. this one is specifically about SMT: Nocturne, but also has a few bits on the remakes of the original Super Famicom Megaten games. Gorgeous!

PS. I hope nobody minds the big pictures.

web.jpg
Gnarly...
This is a beautiful book. I'm going to try copping this at Anime Expo.

Cuu

bPod said:
Time for an upgrade

S6000748.jpg

The 5 megapixel is amazing!

Nice! I've got the k790a (3.2 mp), and love it. It's a bit thicker than I would like, but I don't plan on updating until one of those becomes cheap. I love the Sony Ericsson interface. Having a camera + phone makes a lot of sense. Especially when the camera is good enough for my everyday uses.

kylej

Banned
The 2 memory card doors are a bit loose but considering the price I got this for I couldn't be happier. 99% of these E3 2005 special edition faceplates have been snatched up by collectors. It was sheer dumb luck that I found one on eBay.

52249IMG_0349.jpg

99230IMG_0352.jpg

love it

AllGamer said:
Rambo.jpg

Blu-Ray Rambo, Steelbook Edition :D

Rented it out on Bluray and just finished watching it. It was to me in my opinion a chaotic, over the top violent mindless movie of hilarity.

Payday monday, movie month for me so for a laugh I might pick it :lol

bPod said:
Time for an upgrade

S6000748.jpg

The 5 megapixel is amazing!

I see you are on Rogers?! Since the iphone looks to be a waste of my time and I need a new cell... can you tell me about this phone. Looks pretty good. How much?

bPod

Azzurri said:
Which phone is this.

Sony Ericsson K850i

Cuu said:
Nice! I've got the k790a (3.2 mp), and love it. It's a bit thicker than I would like, but I don't plan on updating until one of those becomes cheap. I love the Sony Ericsson interface. Having a camera + phone makes a lot of sense. Especially when the camera is good enough for my everyday uses.

The phone is just amazing. There are 3 touch screen and the camera itslef is a good reason to buy the phone. I did some research before I got the phone, and read nothing but good reveiws. The only flaw I've experienced is the buttons are shaped awkward, other than that great phone!

DoctorWho said:
I see you are on Rogers?! Since the iphone looks to be a waste of my time and I need a new cell... can you tell me about this phone. Looks pretty good. How much?

I was debating whether I should wait and get the iphone, but it's the hype that turned me away from it; as soon as the iphone hits Canadian soil, everyone will have one! I went on a 3 year contract since there isn't really any good phone companies out there, and I had my eye on this particular phone for a long time. I've had 3 SE phones and I've had zero regrets. Easy to use and simple interface. And the 5mp camera was another good reason to say yes. I paid $199 with a 3 year plan and with a 3 year warrenty

sikkinixx

Mine obsession continues unabated....

IMG_0034.jpg

Arkanoid is crazy good. Worth the $20 pick up. Found the Indiana stuff at a local comic shop (they aren't in Canada yet) along with Lando. Picked up the Fettman and Chewie on TRU.ca before the sold out. They had Darth Vader listed but said it was unavailable now it is delisted. So lame, he is the one I want too....

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
kylej said:
The 2 memory card doors are a bit loose but considering the price I got this for I couldn't be happier. 99% of these E3 2005 special edition faceplates have been snatched up by collectors. It was sheer dumb luck that I found one on eBay.

52249IMG_0349.jpg

99230IMG_0352.jpg

love it

How much did you get the faceplate for? A friend of mine got his off eBay for like $265 a year ago.

BobLoblaw

Banned
My final major pick up of the month. The complete Twilight Zone series and some figures for my currently naked cube. Lots more figures on the way (the cool kind). :D

Get2.jpg

Get3.jpg

Get1.jpg

BobLoblaw

Banned
Mefisutoferesu said:
Is that spawn? Also. who's the samurai looking thing?
Both are characters from Spawn. This one is Necro Cop (spawn series 31) and the other is a variant of Mandarin Spawn (spawn reborn series 2).

Top Bottom