• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marwan

Banned
zmet said:
More for the Mega Drive collection:
mar4.jpg

mar5.jpg

Namcot? did they change their name later on to Namco?

Stalfos

MarkMan said:
Early when Namco was developing games for the Famicom they used Namcot.
Was that to get around the release limits imposed by Nintendo? Or is that just what they used all the time?

JEKKI

whooo~!! my first pickup of the month!!

2w2eyq0.jpg

goozex FTW all the time!!

I dont even like racing games btw, I only like Outrun coz I'm old skool like that.

but I heard this game is awesome and it kinda looks like Outrun so y not??

344duut.jpg

and the road to my next pickup! as if free games wasnt sweet enough, free burrito FTW!!

JEKKI said:
whooo~!! my first pickup of the month!!

2w2eyq0.jpg

goozex FTW all the time!!

I dont even like racing games btw, I only like Outrun coz I'm old skool like that.

but I heard this game is awesome and it kinda looks like Outrun so y not??

dood u should of bought the PSN version so u can play it off ur hardrive without a disk!!

cjdunn

Mecha_Infantry said:
I went from HATING everything about this company..

To owning one of their phones which I despised (if a few remember I had one the first X1's in the UK), and then owning one of their.....

http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/hph...9_72622776286_707666286_2694628_5422662_n.jpg

Not even a week into using this baby, and I already despise Windows (No help that I work as an IT admin!), but soon the whole household will be Mac OS X

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3359/3335768470_01246c4e04.jpg

You beauty...<3

One of us, one of us... Fuck, I wish I could afford a new one. I'm stuck in PowerPC land. :(

Mecha_Infantry said:
I went from HATING everything about this company..

To owning one of their phones which I despised (if a few remember I had one the first X1's in the UK), and then owning one of their.....

2599_72622776286_707666286_2694628_5422662_n.jpg

Not even a week into using this baby, and I already despise Windows (No help that I work as an IT admin!), but soon the whole household will be Mac OS X

3335768470_01246c4e04.jpg

You beauty...<3

Once you go Mac...

Echoes

tvikea.jpg

amzysfe.jpg

handheldikea.jpg

• BENNO (TV unit) and some cable management stuff from Ikea
  • Pure
  • Legacy of Ys: Books 1 & 2
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon with Prima guide
  • Tales of Eternia
  • Planet Puzzle League

JEKKI

CurseoftheGods said:
dood u should of bought the PSN version so u can play it off ur hardrive without a disk!!
doesnt that cost actual money tho??

goozex bucks are the fabrication of free games! I technically didnt pay anything for the disc!!

at least, that's what they want me to think...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
My trusty Sony 40 inch XBR CRT Tube TV died on me the other day :( (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

So I went out today and bought another TV...

3337809380_306c254efe.jpg

3337809870_2897c023d3.jpg

Still putting my backup gaming setup together :( Will post pics once it is done...

I scored a free console from a customer. Solid wood and in fine shape. My customer's wife was gonna list it on CL but she offered it to me after we finished installing her LCD into her Liftbox.

103wknq.jpg

2yy3ubs.jpg

I already popped the knobs off and i'll find ones more modern/contemporary in design. Awesome score! Now I can trash my Ikea stand that my tv/receiver/ps3 has been sitting on.

rSpooky

some of this is a bleed in from the end of last month. But...
KZ2 and SFIV off course:
DSC_3413sm.jpg

New IPOD , I lost my nano on my last trip. I didn't want a touch because I wanted alot of storage this time around. Got a good cover for it and picked up some "the bird and the bee"
DSC_3416sm.jpg

While in Europe I saw this brand new white DSlite ( at a good price) and some games for the road back. (when i came back I preordered the DSI :lol )
DSC_3419sm.jpg

Xbox live with the watchmen kit. Saw the movie yesterday-it was ok. but..not a big fan.

DSC_3420sm.jpg

I discovered a comic book storein the area where I found this guy.. had to get it
DSC_3425sm.jpg

My wife had these framed for me.(had them around for a few months now)
DSC_3431sm.jpg

Business class flight souvenir:
DSC_3428sm.jpg

JEKKI

Infernal Monkey said:
Comparing Burnout Paradise to OutRun is an insult to OutRun. ='(
LOL!

I'll keep that in mind while playing the game

-EDIT-

also wtf is up with the world and shyt?!?!

I thought I woke up at 9 but it's 10!!!

and my mom is laughing at me as result like "hahaha daylight savings, what u didnt kno?!?! sucka!!"

seriously... worst pickup ever >_<

Dougald

Not strictly videogame related, but me and my housemate decided that since we clearly have too much money
I wish
we should pick up some 40K and start playing

2efuye1.jpg

It may cost a hell of a lot but it's a pretty fun way to spend an hour on a weekday that doesn't involve a screen!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kintaro said:
Your backup gaming setup? What's your main one look like?

I have a 46 inch Sony XBR2 LCD as my main one.

Have my 60GB PS3, Elite 360, and Xbox + XBMC hooked up there.

Gonna hook up my red Elite 360, white PS3, Wii and Halo Xbox + XBMC on the new setup.

Dougald said:
Not strictly videogame related, but me and my housemate decided that since we clearly have too much money
I wish

It may cost a hell of a lot but it's a pretty fun way to spend an hour on a weekday that doesn't involve a screen!

Can you make sense of all the rules? I remember trying to get into it when I was a lot younger, but it didn't really work out, I bought different armies/factions, found out I needed different rulebooks for all of them. It wasn't a success.

I'd love to try again though.

Dougald

Fallout-NL said:
Can you make sense of all the rules? I remember trying to get into it when I was a lot younger, but it didn't really work out, I bought different armies/factions, found out I needed different rulebooks for all of them. It wasn't a success.

I'd love to try again though.

Yeah, though there are a lot, its best to start of small with a friend. You need the Codex for each army, as well as the main rulebook. The kit I bought has a rulebook, two armies and rules for the units in them (though if you buy more than that you need the codex), dice, templates & £100 or so of models for £40!

If you have a retail Games Workshop nearby you can ask for a demo game, which is what we did. Really helps you understand how the game should flow, and then you'll learn all the rules as you go!

Painting the models takes AGES though, and you'll spend as much money on paint as you do on figures initially, but if you like painting/modelling figures then you'll have a blast!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Dougald said:
I wish

2efuye1.jpg

At some point i was playing it more than videogames when i was young, + the painting, terrain building etc, so much fun.

That was a good way to spend money as it was really some expensive shit :lol

Polk

S5003301.JPG
S5003302.JPG

Just replaced my old fat ps2 with this fancy new one. At least I can play Disgaea and Gradius V again (old console stopped reading CDRs). Oh, and retail World of Goo for 5$ (that's how it costs in Poland).

Dougald

Kandrick said:
At some point i was playing it more than videogames when i was young, + the painting, terrain building etc, so much fun.

That was a good way to spend money as it was really some expensive shit :lol

You're telling me! I spent far too much on that lot, but when you consider how much time you put into painting/modelling/gaming with them, its not (too) bad... just a scary up-front cost!

I actually used to collect the fantasy game when I was in my early teens, but I sold it all just before I left school to go to New York :D

MarkMan said:
I have a 46 inch Sony XBR2 LCD as my main one.

Have my 60GB PS3, Elite 360, and Xbox + XBMC hooked up there.

Gonna hook up my red Elite 360, white PS3, Wii and Halo Xbox + XBMC on the new setup.

What? Yo...Markman...you are the model of excess...100 joysticks...

Two gaming setups...

There's a recession out there...P.Diddy can't fly his private jet...and you want a second gaming setup...:lol

Congrats on the pickup. I was going to get a Kuro...but the prices seem to have jumped up...

Zophar

rSpooky said:
New IPOD , I lost my nano on my last trip. I didn't want a touch because I wanted alot of storage this time around. Got a good cover for it and picked up some "the bird and the bee"
DSC_3416sm.jpg
That's a fantastic CD, good choice.

Jhoan

CIMG2753.jpg

Just picked them up today.More to come.And the Panasonic Viera is a nice HDTV; I have a 42 inch and it looks pretty sweet especially with games.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Spiderjericho said:
What? Yo...Markman...you are the model of excess...100 joysticks...

Two gaming setups...

There's a recession out there...P.Diddy can't fly his private jet...and you want a second gaming setup...:lol

Congrats on the pickup. I was going to get a Kuro...but the prices seem to have jumped up...

Nothing wrong with having fun with how you game :p !

I wanted a Kuro too, but I also wanted to get the red elite 360 next week, so I held back a little lol.

Andronicus said:
Markman 2 copies of haze!?!?!.......

I want to be 66% of the NPD sales for Haze this month. Had to pick it up.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Jipan said:
CIMG2753.jpg

Just picked them up today.More to come.And the Panasonic Viera is a nice HDTV; I have a 42 inch and it looks pretty sweet especially with games.
Beautiful controller. Kinda makes me wish I had a 360 just so I could use it.

I'm not sure where I put Peggle, but it should be in here too.

stuff4.jpg

stuff5.jpg

Also, I went to see Britney Spears in concert last Thursday in Atlanta, which was incredible. I bought some stuff there. There are three 24x36" posters, a ringleader/top hat with Britney's new logo on the top (it's not clear in the picture, though), the awesome tour program, pins, tote bag, and a couple of shirts. The keychain I bought isn't pictured.

stuff1.jpg

stuff2.jpg

stuff3.jpg

That stuff carried the typical inflated prices but I wanted plenty of keepsakes from the concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom