• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
I might be on in an hour or so. Gonna watch the end of MTL/EDM and SJ/MIN first.

purg3 said:
cool, just post in here when you get on and I'll jump on
End of the 'Hawks/Avs game tonight was dangerously close to being a reminder of NHL 09 games. :lol

PBY

Banned
holy crap last night was rough- don't know if i'll even be able to play, still recovering, but I'll try to get on maybe after the 1 o clock games

peterb0y said:
holy crap last night was rough- don't know if i'll even be able to play, still recovering, but I'll try to get on maybe after the 1 o clock games

I'm not sure how to interpret this...you got really drunk and are really hung over, or last night's games went so bad you don't know if you can play so soon? :lol

let me know what time you guys will be on

PBY

Banned
ph33nix said:
I'm not sure how to interpret this...you got really drunk and are really hung over, or last night's games went so bad you don't know if you can play so soon? :lol

let me know what time you guys will be on
the first option, except i blacked out at around 10 and apparently got into a fight, considering all my clothes are fucked up and my body is killing me/covered in bruises

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
the first option, except i blacked out at around 10 and apparently got into a fight, considering all my clothes are fucked up and my body is killing me/covered in bruises
Simple role reversal man. You went to a party intending to rape someone and ended up getting raped yourself.

RS4-

:lol that triple OT game was brutal. Held the other team to 22 shots, I had 20, Marvie and Laserbot had 12 and 11 respectively. :lol

GGs guys! Congrats to ph33nix for getting his damn card lol.

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
:lol that triple OT game was brutal. Held the other team to 22 shots, I had 20, Marvie and Laserbot had 12 and 11 respectively. :lol
Yeah no doubt. You should never have trouble beating a team who has 0 shots after the first period. Especially when they have 6 mins of PP time in that period too. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah no doubt. You should never have trouble beating a team who has 0 shots after the first period. Especially when they have 6 mins of PP time in that period too. :lol

Every time I visit this thread I want to cry.

Am I really THAT bad? =O

RS4-

Bad run of games that's all. We score on hard fucking work, these chumps get shit that is branded EA red carpet.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:

Am I really THAT bad? =O
If you're that bad, then the rest of us are that bad too. :lol All 3 of us had tons of good scoring chances but nobody could finish one off.

RS4- said:
Bad run of games that's all. We score on hard fucking work, these chumps get shit that is branded EA red carpet.
Yeah, fuckin sucks. No way that game should have gone 3 OT's. Should have been over faster than the Giants/Raiders game.

Giard

Is it possible to join multiple EASHL teams?
If so I'd like to join the team....I'm not too good of a player, but don't think I'm a hindrance either. I play a center playmaker

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:

Am I really THAT bad? =O
Yes, yes you are
i'm way worse : (
speaking of which: I'll be on after the fins beat the jets tonite

Marvie_3

Banned
Giard said:
Is it possible to join multiple EASHL teams?
If so I'd like to join the team....I'm not too good of a player, but don't think I'm a hindrance either. I play a center playmaker
I think that would make you the 2nd best player on our team behind ph33nix. :lol

peterb0y said:
Yes, yes you are
i'm way worse : (
speaking of which: I'll be on after the fins beat the jets tonite

damn fucking right!

btw i am embracing a new role as "tough guy" so much fun to finally be the guy flipping people over, and not the other way around :lol

ph33nix said:
damn fucking right!

btw i am embracing a new role as "tough guy" so much fun to finally be the guy flipping people over, and not the other way around :lol

I think I'm going to remake my dangler with all offensive in balance and puck control. Maybe then I won't get knocked off the puck when I'm breathed on by somebody.

Thinking about maxing discipline too...I want to be one of those assholes who can successfully stick lift from behind 99% of the time.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I think I'm going to remake my dangler with all offensive in balance and puck control. Maybe then I won't get knocked off the puck when I'm breathed on by somebody.

Thinking about maxing discipline too...I want to be one of those assholes who can successfully stick lift from behind 99% of the time.

apparently shit like durability helps with that. well, maybe not apparently---just read some random place it does. I gotta find out what the hell all these stats really mean

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
damn fucking right!

Who the hell is gonna score goals for us then? :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Who the hell is gonna score goals for us then? :lol

scoregoals.jpg

I'd like to request a) the thread be renamed to SCORE GOALS TOUGH GUY and b) this image gets updated to the OP. Thanks guys, I know you're behind me on this.

Well my new dude has a slapshot power of 95 and a slapshot accuracy of 89, so I guess I can still take the shots if you guys pass it back to the point and GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!! (aka veer off to the sides for a rebound!) :lol

you guys are going to get a focused-me after the dolphins game. i'm either gonna be so pissed we lost or happy we won...although i think when we choked against the colts a few weeks ago we had a horrible nhl night :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'll probably be able to get a few games in tonight, haven't played in a while so I need to get my fix in. be on after the football game as well.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm definately playing tonight. After the 'Hawks fuckin epic come from 5 goals down win tonight, I'm feeling damn good. DAMN GOOD. :D

RS4-

That 7 period game was brutal :lol

Anyway, I'm done. Pure feedback just blowing up in my mic.

Great work in the B Team games!

shit my bad. i had no idea. i couldn't hear anyone talking, i was wondering why no one was saying anything... then marvie sends me a message about my mic :lol

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Good games tonight--go team 1 with our two straight wins.

And Pheenix................I think your smoke detector is broken again.
holy crap thats what that noise was? wow...

had fun tonight guys, hope to see u on tom

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
shit my bad. i had no idea. i couldn't hear anyone talking, i was wondering why no one was saying anything... then marvie sends me a message about my mic :lol
That noise was fuckin brutal. :lol

ph33nix said:
no, you're not kidding. they ARE traitors if they stop nhl!

That's a big IF. Do you realize that my loyalty to this team just saved me $60 today? I was going to buy Uncharted but thought it would be impossible to keep up NHL time with that and borderlands and brutal legend (and everything else coming up...).

This team is as bad as WoW...and as unsuccessful as my guild was.

SnakeswithLasers said:
That's a big IF. Do you realize that my loyalty to this team just saved me $60 today? I was going to buy Uncharted but thought it would be impossible to keep up NHL time with that and borderlands and brutal legend (and everything else coming up...).

Our team is a new unit....we have been gelling over the last few weeks!

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:

I still ended up picking up Fallout 3 GOTY today, even though I'm not going to play it for a LONG time.

ph33nix said:
Our team is a new unit....we have been gelling over the last few weeks!
Damn right. We already have as many wins as we did last "season" but with half the losses. We're playing pretty damn well now, save for a garbage game here and there.

Marvie_3 said:
Damn right. We already have as many wins as we did last "season" but with half the losses. We're playing pretty damn well now, save for a garbage game here and there.

These tuners, despite their shortcomings, did seem to fix a lot of soft goals. There's still shit that happens (and the fluke 7 goal games against us), but it's not near as bad as two weeks ago.

That quad OT game last night was kind of symbolic. We had 50 shots, the opposing team had 27 (rad defense that we held them to that low a total in seven periods), and it ended as 2-1. That is bullshit, but it's better than free for all goal-a-thons where we always get the short end of the stick.

Top Bottom