• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
SnakeswithLasers said:
Ya. I don't have a problem using the shitty wrist shot. So...I'll keep doing it.
I hate you Laserbot, now I can't get my wristers going in :(

Seriously, been so hit or miss (almost always miss) for me since the new tuners, I scored those couple during my Banhammer debut night but like none since. I can't even get it to go in in practice mode, though aiming it lower (just between pad and glove) seemingly works better for me now. It's so weird, I used to be able to put em in from anywhere.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:

Seriously, been so hit or miss (almost always miss) for me since the new tuners, I scored those couple during my Banhammer debut night but like none since. I can't even get it to go in in practice mode, though aiming it lower (just between pad and glove) seemingly works better for me now. It's so weird, I used to be able to put em in from anywhere.
You should try adjusting your stick blade and maybe your attribute points.

Nozdeuce said:

But since you scored your first night we all are under the assumption that you're good--so at least you have that going for you.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
But since you scored your first night we all are under the assumption that you're good--so at least you have that going for you.
Hopefully I can get the juice back and start putting them in, I scored like 5 the first night I played with the new tuners before joining you guys. Anyway following Marvie's advice I redid my attribute points, hopefully having higher accuracy means I shoot it wide less, and not you know...more.

I think my other problem is I haven't been drinking nearly as much during recent games as I was compared to that first night. I hope we play some tonight, since I'm well on my way to righting that wrong right now even.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Yeah, it's pretty much like a PGA Tour exemption. You score one goal and you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want.

Nozdeuce said:
Hopefully I can get the juice back and start putting them in, I scored like 5 the first night I played with the new tuners before joining you guys. Anyway following Marvie's advice I redid my attribute points, hopefully having higher accuracy means I shoot it wide less, and not you know...more.
What player type are you and what are your attributes set at?

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
What player type are you and what are your attributes set at?
I'm a sniper now.

Code:
Deflection: 90
Deking: 71
Passing: 80
Puck Control: 87
Slap Shot Accuracy: 80
Slap Shot Power: 70
Wrist Shot Accuracy: 92
Wrist Shot Power: 89

Agressiveness: 65
Balance: 85
Checking: 77
Discipline: 85
Faceoffs: 75
Shot Blocking: 60
Toughness: 60

Acceleration: 90
Agility: 85
Durability: 80
Endurance: 80
Speed: 91

I was an OFD before, so big changes are deflections are way higher, deking is down but I could never pull a successful move anyway, puck control is 7 less but 94 wasnt doing much for me anyway, slap shot accuracy is up 3, wrist shot accuracy is up by 9 (which will hopefully result in me nailing my wristers now) wrist shot power is up by 1. Checking is down by 6, faceoffs is up 15, shot blocking and toughness are down by 5 and 7 respectively. Only change in athleticism is I'm 3 points slower on speed.

I'm just hoping my wristers go in now, and I'm curious with experimenting with deflections since people seemingly routinely Barry Bonds the puck out of the air, hopefully I can wing something into the net, will see though, I don't have a problem changing up again

Marvie_3

Banned
I'd keep an eye on toughness too, especially if you're playing forward. The more you get checked the wonkier your passes/shots get.

Nozdeuce

ph33nix said:
come on i know some of you guys can play in like 40 minutes or so after my madden game
Sure thing, I'm game. You in too Marvie?

Marvie_3 said:
I'd keep an eye on toughness too, especially if you're playing forward. The more you get checked the wonkier your passes/shots get.
Hmm k, I'll fiddle some more then.

Nozdeuce

Well I had 3 goals in 2 games, none proper wristers but at least 2 of em were lame top corner shots so theres that. They really had no right winning that game Laserbot, we got robbed. Sorry for the offsides, I'm used to passing it up to whoevers closest to the blue line/open, other than that we dominated those fools. So many oddman rushes, dear lord :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Sorry I wasn't on when I said I was going to be. I pretty much slept off and on for a couple hours after the Blackhawks game. I didn't want to get out of bed to grab NHL so I just laid there and played Fallout 3. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Sorry I wasn't on when I said I was going to be. I pretty much slept off and on for a couple hours after the Blackhawks game. I didn't want to get out of bed to grab NHL so I just laid there and played Fallout 3. :lol
Dead to me. That's actually why I haven't been around at night recently, been passing out between 8-10pm and waking up at like 2 or 3am. At least fallout is amazing so you choose well.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll be on tonight for sure. I missed peterboy's message from earlier. :/

Fallout 3 is damn amazing. I've put in over 225 hours by now.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I'll be on tonight for sure. I missed peterboy's message from earlier. :/

Fallout 3 is damn amazing. I've put in over 225 hours by now.
I'll be around provided I don't pass out. Me and Pat played a couple games earlier with mixed results, during final minute of a tied game he made goalie pass it out, our ai guy instantly turned it over and they scored to win. I've also rejigged my dude yet again but haven't tried him yet.

Such a perfect game, Republic of Dave is easily the most amazing thing ever.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I'll be around provided I don't pass out. Me and Pat played a couple games earlier with mixed results, during final minute of a tied game he made goalie pass it out, our ai guy instantly turned it over and they scored to win. I've also rejigged my dude yet again but haven't tried him yet.

Such a perfect game, Republic of Dave is easily the most amazing thing ever.
Yeah, the Republic of Dave is awesome. It was one of the last places I found because I didn't see it way up on the top corner of the map. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, the Republic of Dave is awesome. It was one of the last places I found because I didn't see it way up on the top corner of the map. :lol
:lol that's a pretty awesome way to find it, I kinda stumbled into it while on the way to somewhere else. So cool.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
On your way to where? There is nothing else beyond it! :lol
Uhh, I explored with the power of undiagnosed unofficial ADD, so I'd reach my destination, then notice markers on the compass for more places and wander over to investigate. So I think I was probably busy following directions to get to Old Olney (North+West of the power station) and then my compass ADD pinged and I went to go check the place out. Fuckin Dave, I killed Dave good.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Uhh, I explored with the power of undiagnosed unofficial ADD, so I'd reach my destination, then notice markers on the compass for more places and wander over to investigate. So I think I was probably busy following directions to get to Old Olney (North+West of the power station) and then my compass ADD pinged and I went to go check the place out. Fuckin Dave, I killed Dave good.
Yeah I killed all the adults there and left the kids to starve to death. Little fuckers....

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
I also beat Ass Erect 2. But I want to play it two more times now... Sorry. =(
Good, Vanguards are lame, be an Engineer. Incinerate, Cryo Blast and Overload make for good times, also get new game+ unlock of someones loyalty skill, I'd vote something to do with super shields

PBY

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Good, Vanguards are lame, be an Engineer. Incinerate, Cryo Blast and Overload make for good times, also get new game+ unlock of someones loyalty skill, I'd vote something to do with super shields
omg, don't encourage the man

me and nozdeuce are playing the most dominating brand of hockey you can possibly play right now. god damn

and yes i called him nozdeuce not new guy. welcome to the club!

Nozdeuce

ph33nix said:
me and nozdeuce are playing the most dominating brand of hockey you can possibly play right now. god damn

:lol Thanks. This is all your doing though, you set me up so many times the other day and your still setting me up like mad now. I definitely need to pay more attention to the way you play, your never behind the play like I often am, but you still manage to make really solid defensive plays too.

We really are clicking amazingly well, mindblowingly awesome

PBY

Banned
good to hear you guys are playing well- I'd have def jumped in EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT IM A FUCKING AMERICAN WHO CARES ABOUT HIS HOCKEY TEAM WE JUST KICKED SWITZERLANDS ASSES FUCK YEAH AMERICA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:

I really wish I could skip my night class and join you guys. I wanted to chel a bunch this weekend but there was rarely anyone on.

Seems they fixed the servers then. Yesterday, the EA servers were apparently down for almost 24 hours.

peterb0y said:
good to hear you guys are playing well- I'd have def jumped in EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT IM A FUCKING AMERICAN WHO CARES ABOUT HIS HOCKEY TEAM WE JUST KICKED SWITZERLANDS ASSES FUCK YEAH AMERICA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

No! I'm recording the hockey game and you fucking spoiled it. God dammit Peterboy!

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
Hulk Hogan agrees!

2hnq728.jpg

Nozdeuce

We're losing this game right now, but we have 1 goal and 0 shots. So we're still pretty awesome.

Im off school this week and don't really plan on doing anything, so if anyone sees me on just shoot me a message, even if I can't always mic up (like right now) I'd be happy to play.

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
:lol :lol He just raped you with spoilers.
:lol Oh man.... dude, i'm sorry laserbot, that seriously sucks- definitely still watch the game though, there are a lot of big hits and the goals were nice

Also pumped to watch Canada lose tonight, you can at least watch that laserbot :lol

Nozdeuce

Ph33nix is my hero, he fucking scored on a shorthanded breakaway :lol

Apparently the phantom shot/goal counted as mine. Very weird.

98 wrist shot power is manly

Me and Ph33nix need to get gay married

Nozdeuce

peterb0y said:
if u guys are going again, ima hop on-
By the time you get on I'd be willing, need a minute or two to catch my breath :lol Also I can't mic up right now =/

Top Bottom