• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
SnakeswithLasers said:
:lol but I AM sick. And you all are bastards for not chellin.
I've completely lost my voice and have been chugging cough meds all day. But if your willing to point me towards a bit of open ice in their end I'll put in a wrister or two

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Get online and we'll do this shit.

Gimme five mins though--sitting through unskippable ME2 beginning cutscene again.
Omg sweet, 5 mins of zoning out, my #1 activity for the day.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
:lol :lol I ended up just quitting out of it.

This game is bullshit.

Seriously: 4 goals on 10 shots?
Dear lord, easily one of my worst games ever. Sorry =(

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Not your fault man. We weren't playing very well, but the imbalanced AI and the high percentage shots (seriously--they were nearly 50%!) just aren't fun.
Blargh, no I've completely lost it for now, you were even doing what I was supposed to be :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
No shit: I think I'm done with this game for a while. 5 goals, 11 shots.
It's not your fault. These tuners mean any human goalie is going to get raped with bullshit goals more often than not.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
hey marvie get back on live and play chel

everybody else hop the fuck on too
Grabbing some food quick. I'll be back on in a bit.

Laserbot and I kinda figured out a slight weakness with the goalies. His shots were working well and I was paying close attention the the goalie reaction/animations. The shot chart below explains what we were noticing:

71k5qs.jpg

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Grabbing some food quick. I'll be back on in a bit.

Laserbot and I kinda figured out a slight weakness with the goalies. His shots were working well and I was paying close attention the the goalie reaction/animations. The shot chart below explains what we were noticing:
:lol it works like that for the other side too, if high wrister isnt working then low will. A bigger part is the game makes no fucking sense, I can try for a high glove wrister all game and not get any in even with a good setup and LeDenog can try like once and nail it, but then i'll get low glove side no problem. It burns.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
:lol it works like that for the other side too, if high wrister isnt working then low will. A bigger part is the game makes no fucking sense, I can try for a high glove wrister all game and not get any in even with a good setup and LeDenog can try like once and nail it, but then i'll get low glove side no problem. It burns.
Yeah I know it also works for the glove side. It just seems like the reaction time and goalie animations weaken the stick side a lot more.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah I know it also works for the glove side. It just seems like the reaction time and goalie animations weaken the stick side a lot more.

The other thing is that if the puck hits the glove, it's a save (from what I've noticed), if it hits the stick or blocker though, there is a chance that it's going to bounce in or leave a rebound.

BTW, I had to take a sick day again today, so I can play whenever...

SnakeswithLasers said:
The other thing is that if the puck hits the glove, it's a save (from what I've noticed), if it hits the stick or blocker though, there is a chance that it's going to bounce in or leave a rebound.

BTW, I had to take a sick day again today, so I can play whenever...

you are a funny funny man you want to play or are you watching curling, i am up for both...

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I've seen a few pucks hit the glove and still bounce in. It doesn't happen nearly as much as the stick side bounces though.

SnakeswithLasers said:
EA needs to fix this shit. We're up 3-1 and Hardyboy gets dc-ed from EA (not XBL) so we take the loss. WTF.
That's what happened to me last night when we were tied 1-1 after 2 periods.

SnakeswithLasers said:
And our previous game we lost 2-1 because of an own-goal.

Jesus christ.
Remember when that happened to us too? Awesome.

Nozdeuce

Well I hate everyone, leading 4-2 going into final 5 minutes of the game. I have my hattrick for the day, we're outplaying the other team, then wham, 3 goals in a row and they win. Fuck.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Well I hate everyone, leading 4-2 going into final 5 minutes of the game. I have my hattrick for the day, we're outplaying the other team, then wham, 3 goals in a row and they win. Fuck.
Play defense, tough guy.

Marvie_3

Banned
Laserbot, you should have let me kick you off that bulding. That would have be awesome. :lol

Hopefully this fall we'll have the same group as NHL/FIFA, also playing Crackdown 2. :D

Marvie_3 said:
Laserbot, you should have let me kick you off that bulding. That would have be awesome. :lol

Hopefully this fall we'll have the same group as NHL/FIFA, also playing Crackdown 2. :D

Based on my experience from playing for 2 hours of Crackdown, I'll very likely get number 2. Unless it sucks.

SnakeswithLasers said:
NyQuil helped me get my zeez.

i love that stuff you go to work today? hey are you guys doing huge cutbacks at the school. we are getting rid of mens/womens golf and tennis and mens wrestling they had been number one in the country over the last ten years off and on, they said to keep the wrestling they have to raise 1.4 million. and that sport is what maid them go div 1.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
i love that stuff you go to work today? hey are you guys doing huge cutbacks at the school. we are getting rid of mens/womens golf and tennis and mens wrestling they had been number one in the country over the last ten years off and on, they said to keep the wrestling they have to raise 1.4 million. and that sport is what maid them go div 1.
I wish my school would do that. Fuck any sport that can't pay for itself. My tuition money could be spent in better places.

Marvie_3 said:
I wish my school would do that. Fuck any sport that can't pay for itself. My tuition money could be spent in better places.

it sucks that all these kids are going to school to find out theres no jobs out there but wwe is always looking for people so thats why they dont need to get rid of wrestling

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
it sucks that all these kids are going to school to find out theres no jobs out there but wwe is always looking for people so thats why they dont need to get rid of wrestling
I'd rather my tuition money went to a more worthwhile activity than have it go to a small group of dudes who like to wear tight clothes, get all sweaty, and roll around the floor touching each other.

Marvie_3 said:
I'd rather my tuition money went to a more worthwhile activity than have it go to a small group of dudes who like to wear tight clothes, get all sweaty, and roll around the floor touching each other.
19753597_a8ae344812.jpg

And there are a lot of cuts here--but I don't know if they're getting rid of any sports. Although the ESS (Exercise and Sports Studies) degree program has been completely nuked I think.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
And there are a lot of cuts here--but I don't know if they're getting rid of any sports. Although the ESS (Exercise and Sports Studies) degree program has been completely nuked I think.
I really think that if a sport can't pay for itself through ticket sales/bake sales, then it shouldn't be around. Especially if students are getting scholarships for it. Total waste.

Marvie_3

Banned
Chady was wondering if we wanted to combine clubs. He's playing temporarily on a club with about 5-6 guys. Just figured I'd see what you guys thought.

Marvie_3 said:
Chady was wondering if we wanted to combine clubs. He's playing temporarily on a club with about 5-6 guys. Just figured I'd see what you guys thought.

I don't know that winning is that important to me. But whatever.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I don't know that winning is that important to me. But whatever.
I don't even know how good they are. I just figured that with more people, we'd have a better chance of avoiding 2-man games.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
i vote do it and i say ask them if they play fifa?
Laserbot and I were talking earlier and we might be transferring our regulars to their club. They play on the pro level. I'd set it up so we could all switch back to the Banhammers if we wanted to though.

Marvie_3 said:
Laserbot and I were talking earlier and we might be transferring our regulars to their club. They play on the pro level. I'd set it up so we could all switch back to the Banhammers if we wanted to though.

wait what we can go back and forth?i am down for whatever but i dont want a lot of complications on game play and whos on and whos better then who them or us type of thing.

Top Bottom