• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Good, because it's fucking ridiculous trying to blow up a tank in BF1943. I shot one with 5+ rockets and didn't scratch the paint.
I was clinical in that game against tanks- I would do the same thing every time: pick the sniper class, load up a jeep with c4, drive the jeep into the tank, eject, and BOOM

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I think that's everything, rocket launchers still aren't so hot but if all else fails ramming a c4 laden atv into a tank works
That's something I would do. :lol
peterb0y said:
I was clinical in that game against tanks- I would do the same thing every time: pick the sniper class, load up a jeep with c4, drive the jeep into the tank, eject, and BOOM
I hated the sniper class though. It was impossible to get an accurate shot off so you end up running around with a pistol. :lol

And fuck, I have an hour an 15 minutes to write a 7 page paper. I have my name and the first paragraph written. :lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
peterb0y said:
My method was a combination of denial and repression, I think things were better in 43 than they were in BF2 for pc even. Oh god the horror of a tank rolling onto one of those small urban map roads. Love that bad company 2 lets me take revenge so easily. I killed like 9 tanks and numerous AA vehicles the other night just using the sniper's mortar strike, I barely did anything else the entire round. Just chilled and whenever duder and his friend would roll up, I'd pop em

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Fuck yeah! Just set a new world record for the most half-assed paper in history!!
Congrats! I'll have to do that soon, but first more procrastinating.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I could teach you in the art of procrastinating.
I didn't even choose my topic on time. I still haven't.

Or even make this post like 10 minutes ago

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I didn't even choose my topic on time. I still haven't.
I basically did that for a class last semester. We needed to turn in a paragraph describing what our paper was about so the professor could approve our topics. I turned the paragraph(which was more of a sentence than a paragraph) in 3 days after the final paper was due. :lol

Nozdeuce

peterb0y said:
I actually just remembered something useful a friend and I did. I drove the jeep and he sat in the passenger seat with his c4 out and we up close and by a tank, so he tossed his c4 onto it then detonated as we drove off. Was so cool :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I basically did that for a class last semester. We needed to turn in a paragraph describing what our paper was about so the professor could approve our topics. I turned the paragraph(which was more of a sentence than a paragraph) in 3 days after the final paper was due. :lol
Wow, that really is impressive. I just had to write a quick email with like the title of the topic.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah, so I basically told a professor I was quitting his class tonight. He didn't seem too impressed. I have a meeting with him tomorrow morning. :lol

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, so I basically told a professor I was quitting his class tonight. He didn't seem too impressed. I have a meeting with him tomorrow morning. :lol
... I don't understand? Does he need to sign off on you quitting ? If so, good luck

edit: I didn't mean that sarcastically, I'm actually hoping for it to go well- just making that clear, I've been in your position before, so I know how much it sucks

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
... I don't understand? Does he need to sign off on you quitting ? If so, good luck

edit: I didn't mean that sarcastically, I'm actually hoping for it to go well- just making that clear, I've been in your position before, so I know how much it sucks
No, by quitting, I basically told him I'm sick of the class and am not showing up anymore. I just want a final grade now. It's a class I don't need, find stupid, and only took because it got me a lot more grant money. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
No, by quitting, I basically told him I'm sick of the class and am not showing up anymore. I just want a final grade now. It's a class I don't need, find stupid, and only took because it got me a lot more grant money. :lol
Good luck with that. The only people with bigger egos than you are faculty.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Good luck with that. The only people with bigger egos than you are faculty.
Aren't you an employee of a school? ;)

If only it were about my ego though. The class is titled "Comic Book Cinema". It's the biggest waste of a class I've ever seen.

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Aren't you an employee of a school? ;)

If only it were about my ego though. The class is titled "Comic Book Cinema". It's the biggest waste of a class I've ever seen.
are you kidding me? that kind of class is right up my alley

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
are you kidding me? that kind of class is right up my alley
Feel free to coast your way through college dude. I actually want a degree thats worth a shit and comic books are not the way to go. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I see you that and raise you "something something Italian culture in North America". We studied the greats, like Tony Soprano and James Cagney. It was pretty cool, we'd watch The Sopranos in class, meanwhile the football team would watch movies on their laptops.

Marvie_3 said:
Feel free to coast your way through college dude. I actually want a degree thats worth a shit and comic books are not the way to go. :lol
Bachelor's degrees are all worth the same thing--a job as a teacher. Unless it's a BS. I guess a Bus/Econ degree is almost worth a CS or Engineering degree though... But nobody gives a fuck what your electives and GEs are.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Bachelor's degrees are all worth the same thing--a job as a teacher. Unless it's a BS. I guess a Bus/Econ degree is almost worth a CS or Engineering degree though... But nobody gives a fuck what your electives and GEs are.
Not anymore they aren't. That's why I'm getting my Masters degree. Might stay for a PhD but I only want that so people have to call me Dr. :lol

Nozdeuce

I wonder if Marvie complains as much in class, like "screw this motherfucker, I already read pages 1-4, now this fuckwad wants me to read 5-7 too? Fuck this bullshit, I'm leaving"

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I wonder if Marvie complains as much in class, like "screw this motherfucker, I already read pages 1-4, now this fuckwad wants me to read 5-7 too? Fuck this bullshit, I'm leaving"
:lol

I usually don't even buy most of the books.

Nozdeuce

peterb0y said:
I think laserbot's rubbing off on me.... I just impulse bought ME 2, even though I just fucking bought BC
Hot.

I see he got his Battlefield :D

Nozdeuce

peterb0y said:
I have a paper due tomorrow night at 7, after that I am freeeee, Im down to play anything, chel, fifa, BF, PD, whatever.... just hit me up

edit:
also- cuz im bored and im the library so theres not much to do here, check out this mix i made:

Its tiesto's lovestoned with fancy footwork by chromeo

http://soundcloud.com/peterb0y/fancylovestonedfootwork
I won't be around until like after 1am est. It's one of those rare times I do things with cool people.

Can't say as I'm a fan of the mix, but then I don't like the genre so your safe. It'd probably be worse if I liked it :lol

wait wait wait a minute. You're telling me I have to level up as a medic before I get medic abilities? WTF. I can't kill anyone with a fucking LMG--and I'm expected to actually be effective with it? In order to get a health pack? And then I have to wait again before I can revive people? Ugh. I hated this system in Killzone, and I really hope it's not as drawn out in BF. I fucking suck at shooters--I just like healing people and bringing them back from their graves.

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
wait wait wait a minute. You're telling me I have to level up as a medic before I get medic abilities? WTF. I can't kill anyone with a fucking LMG--and I'm expected to actually be effective with it? In order to get a health pack? And then I have to wait again before I can revive people? Ugh. I hated this system in Killzone, and I really hope it's not as drawn out in BF. I fucking suck at shooters--I just like healing people and bringing them back from their graves.
dude i suck too, but I got the health pack and defibrillator pretty quickly- i'm down to play tonight, you'll get it after just a few games
ph33nix said:
so I've been absent for spring break but has their been any actual NHL club talk going on the last few pages? :lol
negative- but i can play tonight

peterb0y said:
dude i suck too, but I got the health pack and defibrillator pretty quickly- i'm down to play tonight, you'll get it after just a few games
You don't suck like I do
all night long, baby
. 2-14 was my first match. TWO and FOURTEEN.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, these days it's all hard drinking and less chel.
I haven't been drinking lately. I mean, I'll have a drink now and then, but it's nothing compared to a couple months back. =(
I need to get back in the swing of things.

ph33nix said:
are we still playing this? i kinda miss the club :(

will be back tomorrow night, late
I know hardyboy's been wanting to play. I'm still up for it. I just haven't been able to do much lately because of work and being sick.

Marvie_3

Banned
I haven't played in awhile either. I've been trying to clear things out of my backlog and got addicted to Perfect Dark at the same time. :lol

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
What sort of drunken madness did you edit out... Good bc2 games though...
Telling the Rapist to join us. That was good until that last one, totally lost the will to live with that one, I was playing so retarded. Before that was awesome though, you definitely did good

Me and Dong play just about everyday, Marvie's occasionally come close to joining in but either doesn't pay attention or is illiterate so ended up not. I like Fifa but nhl is still my go to, Fifa takes work and is stressful for me but NHL I can just wing it drunk/tired out of my mind. There's not really much to tell, I went on like a 10 game scoreless streak at one point, hitting about a thousand inside posts/crossbars and having to trickle along the line and out of harms way. Dong ended up scoring more random timely goals as a result and I've actually learned to pass it around the offensive zone instead of shooting it 100%. We currently have the club at 1 game under .500. like 37-38-6.

I have some schoolwork I actually have to get done for start of week after next, I'm gonna try to get through it sooner than later so I can still fit in some NHL and shit. All of the above is a lie, I'll totally end up playing shit all night as usual but feel marginally worse about it than normal.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Telling the Rapist to join us. That was good until that last one, totally lost the will to live with that one, I was playing so retarded. Before that was awesome though, you definitely did good

Me and Dong play just about everyday, Marvie's occasionally come close to joining in but either doesn't pay attention or is illiterate so ended up not. I like Fifa but nhl is still my go to, Fifa takes work and is stressful for me but NHL I can just wing it drunk/tired out of my mind. There's not really much to tell, I went on like a 10 game scoreless streak at one point, hitting about a thousand inside posts/crossbars and having to trickle along the line and out of harms way. Dong ended up scoring more random timely goals as a result and I've actually learned to pass it around the offensive zone instead of shooting it 100%. We currently have the club at 1 game under .500. like 37-38-6.

I have some schoolwork I actually have to get done for start of week after next, I'm gonna try to get through it sooner than later so I can still fit in some NHL and shit. All of the above is a lie, I'll totally end up playing shit all night as usual but feel marginally worse about it than normal.
Or maybe you should post in here when you're playing. :lol

Top Bottom