• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

That sucks, some of us played some great games. I almost scored on a sick trick shot but of course EA cockblocked it. We should rename ourselves the Gaf Globetrotters and use only high flying saucer passes, and spinning while shooting every shot

ph33nix said:
That sucks, some of us played some great games. I almost scored on a sick trick shot but of course EA cockblocked it. We should rename ourselves the Gaf Globetrotters and use only high flying saucer passes, and spinning while shooting every shot
I'm fuckin' for it.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
But you're the only black guy on our team. The rest of us are more like the Washington Generals......

Marvie_3 said:
But you're the only black guy on our team. The rest of us are more like the Washington Generals......
dwyane-wade.p1.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
I call Chris Mullin!

Edit: Make that Rik Smits. His name come up first when you type "whitest basketball players" into yahoo. :lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I guess I'd qualify as Bill Simmons? He's about as close as I get to basketball.

Nozdeuce

Why is it one of my more famous namesakes have to be dead? And why the fuck did he name his kid Nolan? I would've gone with Tyrone.

Nozdeuce

ph33nix said:
anyone gonna be around in the afternoon for chelling?
I should probably be around so maybe? I kinda wanna try installing NHL to a usb drive to see if it cuts down on the loading any vs hdd

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
anyone gonna be around in the afternoon for chelling?
I'll be around to play tonight.

Nozdeuce said:
I should probably be around so maybe? I kinda wanna try installing NHL to a usb drive to see if it cuts down on the loading any vs hdd
Holy shit. The update is out?

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Holy shit. The update is out?
Indeed, and it kinda works. I installed Just Cause 2 to a usb stick. Now the loading times are marginally faster down from suicidally boringly long, to long enough to exist but short enough i dont care/notice/ADHD out.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Indeed, and it kinda works. I installed Just Cause 2 to a usb stick. Now the loading times are marginally faster down from suicidally boringly long, to long enough to exist but short enough i dont care/notice/ADHD out.
I'm more interested in the extra storage so I can get all my Rock Band/Guitar Hero tracks off my HDD. I have 8GB+ of that stuff. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I'm more interested in the extra storage so I can get all my Rock Band/Guitar Hero tracks off my HDD. I have 8GB+ of that stuff. :lol
Dear lord. It also speeds up the games library load time if you put your gamertag/profile on usb. Mine now loads instantly compared to around a minute'ish before.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Dear lord. It also speeds up the games library load time if you put your gamertag/profile on usb. Mine now loads instantly compared to around a minute'ish before.
Well, Pepsi had that Rock Band promotion running last summer. I don't drink a lot of soda but I know people who do. For awhile it was guaranteed you'd get a free song download, and with all the codes I got from people, I ended up with almost 200 free song downloads. :lol

Nozdeuce

Wow, Pheenix with 4 goals, me with 2 and Dong with 5 assists. Craaaaaazy awesome

haha damn man i changed my dude's name to wilt the stilt and he's gone batshit crazy. we were in a deadlock with this team until we got up 1-0 at the end of the second, i messaged noz and said "his stick side is weak we should get 3 goals next period"

:D

motherfuckers quit so i couldn't save this one backhander :(

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
haha damn man i changed my dude's name to wilt the stilt and he's gone batshit crazy. we were in a deadlock with this team until we got up 1-0 at the end of the second, i messaged noz and said "his stick side is weak we should get 3 goals next period"

Just wait until Detlef Schrempf rolls onto the ice. Then you'll see some scoring!

Nozdeuce

ph33nix said:

Yeah that was awesome. I like how you then proceeded to score them all :lol

Nozdeuce said:
Yeah that was awesome. I like how you then proceeded to score them all :lol

Yeah sorry if I was puck hogging I think you could tell I was gunning for that 3rd one. Which then made them quit with 8 seconds left, fuckers :lol

Nozdeuce

ph33nix said:
Yeah sorry if I was puck hogging I think you could tell I was gunning for that 3rd one. Which then made them quit with 8 seconds left, fuckers :lol
Haha no, that was awesome. Was just anytime I did manage a shot was either blocked or couldn't shoot it that way, just thought it was funny

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Ok, I lied. Gonna be another hour. I got hung up at the library on campus.
No worries, soon I'll be drunk enough that the voice in my head will sound vaguely reminiscent of you complaining. Until then me and Pheenix got this.

We just had the most fucking clutch victory ever. You can bullshit us for the first 58 minutes EA, but we will prevail in the last 2!

The opposing team sent us a voice message and said "nice glitches you fucking pussy" !!! :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
We just had the most fucking clutch victory ever. You can bullshit us for the first 58 minutes EA, but we will prevail in the last 2!

The opposing team sent us a voice message and said "nice glitches you fucking pussy" !!! :lol
Stop glitching, fucker.

Edit: And you fuckers started a game with out me. Fuckers. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
So I was thinking we could do some league play soon since the playoffs are near. We could set up a GAF league, and we also got invited to play in a bigger league as well if you guys were interested. Sounds like there would be a fantasy draft in the bigger league too.

Woo! My 1,000th post in this thread.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix, keep your player named "wilt the stilt" for fucking ever. :lol

That last game was awesome. Puck movement was great. Only bad parts were our retarded goalie and my fuckup on their first goal. Awesome win though.

Nozdeuce

As soon as Pheenix left and I went back to lw I actually managed to play almost close to well. I even scored goals. I feel bad for cheating on Pheenix :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
As soon as Pheenix left and I went back to lw I actually managed to play almost close to well. I even scored goals. I feel bad for cheating on Pheenix :(
We won 5 straight to end the night. Nothing to feel bad about at all. :D

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
We won 5 straight to end the night. Nothing to feel bad about at all. :D
Dude, you missed the just him and me games. I was so useless I'm reasonably certain he scored like 4 goals one game with me getting the OT winner or something shitty.

No idea why my wristers started working, I didn't get many off properly, and the ones that stillborned and came out slapshots almost all went in. I like trying to top shelf stick side but I don't think my stick curve does, only managed to hit 1 of those all day/night

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Dude, you missed the just him and me games. I was so useless I'm reasonably certain he scored like 4 goals one game with me getting the OT winner or something shitty.

No idea why my wristers started working, I didn't get many off properly, and the ones that stillborned and came out slapshots almost all went in. I like trying to top shelf stick side but I don't think my stick curve does, only managed to hit 1 of those all day/night
I don't care why they started to work, I'm just glad they did. My passing was total shit tonight though. I kept missing people all over the place. And it
still pisses me off that my shots are seen by the goalie and gloved EVERY TIME. There could be 5 guys screening the goalie and he'd still snag them. I think I'm going to up my player's slapshot even more. I like playing D quite a bit too. You guys seem to have the offense under control. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I don't care why they started to work, I'm just glad they did. My passing was total shit tonight though. I kept missing people all over the place. Still pisses me off that my shots are seen by the goalie and gloved EVERY TIME. There could be 5 guys screening the goalie and he'd still snag them. I think I'm going to up my player's slapshot even more. I like playing D quite a bit too. You guys seem to have the offense under control. :lol
:( I always enjoy my passing, so many of them are like OH GOD WHAT HAS HE DONE and then it trickles through 4 people to get one timered off the post by an ai. Gooooood times. It is cool having you playing D, I fear ai passing greatly so I usually hang super far back and then dodge around a little and spring Dong or whoever.

I pretty much always pass ahead instead of making people stop at the line and wait for me to take it in. Also if it looks like I'm boned or have gone crazy, just keep going straight the pass will get to you. It's amazing how often you can hold the puck in your own end or make the smallest of moves in the neutral zone to clear the perfect board pass. So just keep on truckin and hope it's not an epic turnover :lol

Edit: I'm pretty sure shooting skills make no sense and dont matter, both my slapshot stats are god awful, my wrister goes faster than my slapper but it still managed to slapsnipe the top corner somehow. I'm glad I was drinking the whole time, the haze helped numb the pain of it not making any sense.

Top Bottom