• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 15 Boycotters (NHL 14 EASHL)

Stat!

OTP released today.

Not going to lie. Its a ton of fun. Its a shame there is no EASHL cause you would all love it. Going to upload a clip but I absolutely decked someone who then went right into my guy who was chasing him.

OTP released today.

Not going to lie. Its a ton of fun. Its a shame there is no EASHL cause you would all love it. Going to upload a clip but I absolutely decked someone who then went right into my guy who was chasing him.

How is the lobby system for it, similar to NHL14 drop in games, like the community lobby system or something different?

Just wondering about the ease of getting into a game with a friend

zsswimmer

Interested about the lobbies as well. Also does it boot you back to the main menu once the game is done?

edit: oh and is it the OTP where you have players from the actual team or a be a pro character?

Stat!

How is the lobby system for it, similar to NHL14 drop in games, like the community lobby system or something different?

Just wondering about the ease of getting into a game with a friend

Totally not similar. Think of it like hitting versus and it pops you into the select position screen automatically. There is no "community lobby". Not sure if you can invite friends once in there but you can't search together as a group or try to get into the same game.

Apparently, this is coming in a future update.
Interested about the lobbies as well. Also does it boot you back to the main menu once the game is done?

edit: oh and is it the OTP where you have players from the actual team or a be a pro character?

It boots you back to the menu where you can select to join game.

Its actual teams with line changes. So if you pick Pittsburgh, you are Crosby, Malkin, Sutter, etc.

One kinda awesome thing. If you have 4 people, and you take a penalty, you will still be out there since you only have 4. You don't sit in the box unless you have 5 (or 4 and its a 5 on 3).

The NHL 15 gameplay is really awesome in terms of physics. Like I nailed a guy who went flying backwards into my own guy who was chasing him down. It was really cool and looked realistic.

Continuous OT. Nobody can be goalie. All the colours are changed too. Red is now LW, green RW, blue centre.

From what you are saying and the blog posted on operationsports today OTP in 15 sounds like total shit, which is not surprising coming from these devs...

Was thinking about MAYBE picking this up in a B2G1 sale down the line, but these impressions and Antti's from the OT confirming the offense is even more OP have swayed me to continue the boycott

zsswimmer

I've heard mixed impressions, but I probably will still pass on it unless I see some cheap as fuck price somewhere. Maybe 16 will be better since they won't have to worry about jumping up a generation of consoles.

Stat!

From what you are saying and the blog posted on operationsports today OTP in 15 sounds like total shit, which is not surprising coming from these devs...

Was thinking about MAYBE picking this up in a B2G1 sale down the line, but these impressions and Antti's from the OT confirming the offense is even more OP have swayed me to continue the boycott

I've heard mixed impressions, but I probably will still pass on it unless I see some cheap as fuck price somewhere. Maybe 16 will be better since they won't have to worry about jumping up a generation of consoles.

Yeah I mean my second game. Everyone on the ice controls the line changes which can be annoying since you cant poke check while you change lines. Also means people can pull the goalie. So we were up 1-0, and the other team was trying to pull and return the goalie with a minute left so Lundqvist was at like the face off dot constantly turning around between the bench and the net.

FWIW, I think defense is way OP. If you knew how to play proper defense in NHL 14, you can easily play defense now. The pokecheck got way too good. Both my games were 2-1 in OT, and 2-0.

zsswimmer

Damn thats gonna make it even more tempting lol, gonna keep an eye out for future deals for sure. I am a little disappointed but not surprised that its just the regular OTP without your own character, but I guess its better than no OTP at all. Thanks for the heads up aces

Damn thats gonna make it even more tempting lol, gonna keep an eye out for future deals for sure. I am a little disappointed but not surprised that its just the regular OTP without your own character, but I guess its better than no OTP at all. Thanks for the heads up aces

Be strong Brother Swim

Aces had to buy the game, it's in his tainted Canadian blood. You are a great American who doesn't have to settle for less... BOYCOTT NHL15

zsswimmer

ibs2i8A4NZAyvH.gif

Stat!

Be strong Brother Swim

Aces had to buy the game, it's in his tainted Canadian blood. You are a great American who doesn't have to settle for less... BOYCOTT NHL15

Don't listen to aces. He's just trying to deal that canadian snake oil.

Now now. Just to prove that NHL 15 is bonafide 100% the best ice related sports game on next gen consoles that involves pucks, here is two videos.

Me (in Green) nailing a guy into my own teammate who was chasing him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqr8BTHrE2E&feature=youtu.be

Jake Gardiner flying in my BAGM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VVgH6qFZsc&feature=youtu.be

Stat!

No we have fully transitioned to GAF status where we aren't playing the game anymore but will post in here to complain about it instead

Have I ever mentioned a certain NHL 15 for next-gen consoles?

*runs from Viz and Marv*

But guys, they are dedicated a full EASHL Team (whatever this means) for future NHL titles that will have EASHL. So you know it'll be improved...

zsswimmer

*runs from Viz and Marv*

But guys, they are dedicated a full EASHL Team (whatever this means) for future NHL titles that will have EASHL. So you know it'll be improved...
I know man I'm so tempted to get it since I have like 2 games on the ps4. Then again Dragon Age is right around the corner...

Stat!

I know man I'm so tempted to get it since I have like 2 games on the ps4. Then again Dragon Age is right around the corner...

Here's my honest small review. The gameplay is a ton of fun. Much better than NHL 14 is. But there's nothing to play. Be-A-GM is a bit better with the draft added in an update, but its a bit slower to sim, trade, and do anything due to extremely sluggish menus. But if you don't like playing HUT, the stuff thats there is gimped and some stuff is just completely out. Its been $40 routinely with sales so wait for a holiday sale if you want a casual hockey game to play. Its certainly not a full-price game.

I want to love it, but I can't. The menus are slow as heck.

For me, Im the same way. I have 2 games on my ps4 (TLOU, NHL 15) but Im glad AC:Unity is around the corner as I don't really have anything to play either.

Marvie_3

Banned
Isn't that what we always do?
yahoo_69.gif
DdhJT.gif
[

*runs from Viz and Marv*

That means they have the janitor write EASHL down on paper 10,000 times. Then Rammer shreds the paper and throws it on the floor. Before the janitor can go home, he has to clean up all the shredded paper.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Zamboni racing? What the fuck EA. Man this sucks cause Im going through NHL withdrawals but I dont wanna buy this half baked shit =/

Wow, we're getting one step closer to my dream mess of a hockey game thats like some weird wrestling crossover. With like, heel players crashing a zamboni through the boards and smashing the goalie out of the net or some shit.

I miss NHL Hitz

zsswimmer

Next thing you know they'll include Icegirlz Simulator™ , where you can play as the ice girls and come out and shovel the snow off the ice. And don't forget the exciting Equipmanagerz™ mode, where you can haul around professional hockey player's jerseys, skates, sticks, and more!

Top Bottom