• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
kyo_daikun said:
Sorry to be nosey but how much was the hoody? The prices I have seen for it are £150 just want to make sure they aren't overcharging!

Mine was around that price after shipping and everything. I got it from Yahoo Japan auctions. "Overcharging" is a tricky discussion because one could argue all Bape products are overpriced. However, considering the rarity of this item and how long I've been searching for one in this color in my size (medium), I jumped at the chance to bid on it. Knit sharks are awesome. Most people who get their hands on one don't want to sell, and I can see why. It's very snug and comfortable and definitely an unique Bape item.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Toy Soldier said:
nov-tt.jpg

nov-bruno.jpg

nov-gow.jpg

No one commented on the framed girlie pics in the background?

Gameboy415

Got a new addition for my handheld gaming console collection!

0911DSiLL1.jpg

The box alone is nearly twice the size of a normal DSi box.

0911DSiLL2.jpg

The screens are simply MASSIVE. I LOVE it!

0911DSFamily.jpg

A family portrait :lol

Plus, here's the rest of the stuff I've picked up over the last two weeks:

GAMES:
0911Nintendo.jpg

Soma Bringer for JP DS Found it for under 400円!
Game & Watch Collection 2 for JP DS - About 1200円...a lot cheaper than using 500 Club Nintendo points!
大人のDS顔トレ-ニング (Face training) for JP DS - Bought the last new copy for 980円 :lol
Go! Go! ミノン (Go! Go! Minon) for JP Wii - 300円 and looks fun
Soul Eater for JP Wii - 300円, love the manga
高橋名人の大冒険島 (Super Adventure Island) for Super Famicom - 250円 in brand new condition!
Bahamut Lagoon for Super Famicom - 500円, brand new condition!

0911Games2.jpg

Deathsmiles LE for JP 360 - 5700円, includes LE soundtrack
ピポサル2001 (Ape Escape 2001) for JP PS2 - 300円, JP-only Ape Escape in which you have to steal the monkeys pants and wash them!?
メモーション (Eye-Motion) for JP PS3 - Includes nearly all of the PSN PSEye games on a single disc!
PSEye Camera - 3500円 with game. Gave the PSEye to my girlfriend to use with Skype (I already have one).

MANGA & BOOKS:
0911Manga2.jpg

Kingdom Hearts II Volume 5 - Bought this one new, as it was the first time I'd seen it since it was released in August.
Princess of Mana Volume 4 - Last book, woo.
To-Love-る Volume 9 - Still waiting on the other books to get cheap.
Deathnote Volume 13 - "How to Read Deathnote" fanbook
Deathnote Volume 14 - Deathnote Anime fanbook. In full color!
サルゲッチュ (Ape Escape) Volumes 3 & 4 - Just gotta find Volume 5 for the set.
伝説のスタフィーR (Legend of Starfy R) - Took me over a year to find this!
Crash Bandicoot Volume 1 - Randomly found this @ a book store in my train station.
Professor Layton Volume 1 - Looks interesting and has some puzzles!
.hack//G.U. Fan book - Only 105円.
Brave Fencer Musashi Volume 3 - Found Volume 1 a few months ago, now I have to find Volume 2 to complete the set.
Yoshi's Safari - The art is not so great but it has the realistic Yoshi from the Super Mario Bros live-action movie in it?!
MegaMan X - Cool art and it was cheapish.
Old Gamers Volume 2 - Awesome magazine/book that chronicles a different genre of retro games in each volume!

MISC:
0911Misc.jpg

DSi USB charging dock - On clearance for only 250円, but it's too small for my new DSiLL! D'oh!
Wii Component Cable - Only 980円! I'll need one back in the States eventually and I figured I've never find one cheaper so I grabbed it.
Star Wars POTF Princess Leia with Sporting Blaster - Kinda random, but I used to be a hardcore Star Wars collector back in the day and this was the ONLY figure from the "Power of the Force" series I never got. It was only 420円 and now I have a complete collection! :D
Ebenezer Scrooge finger puppet - Free when I saw the movie last week.
Up pin - Came with Scrooge.

Chorazin

Traded in my Pro towards this, since it sounded like a fucking jet engine and it's 20gig HDD just wasn't cutting it now. So, upgrade time! Now I just gotta wait for my transfer kit to come from Microsoft to actually use the 250gig HDD.

d17d576e.jpg

The corner being jacked up cracket the MW2 case, but otherwise everything was fine. Since it was the only local bundle, I had to take what I could get.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Gameboy415 said:
Got a new addition for my handheld gaming console collection!

0911DSiLL1.jpg

Lordy!

Are DSis region free or region locked? I want the XL/LL but was curious on this part.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Kintaro said:
Lordy!

Are DSis region free or region locked? I want the XL/LL but was curious on this part.

DSi only and enhanced games are, DSi Shop is locked to one region. Normal DS games play fine.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
VOOK said:
DSi only and enhanced games are, DSi Shop is locked to one region. Normal DS games play fine.

Hmmm...makes me wonder if there will be a huge uptick in DSi only games in the future (would be stupid to do so...). If I imported this LL to the US, would I be accessing the JP or US DSi Shop?

OMG Aero

Kintaro said:
Hmmm...makes me wonder if there will be a huge uptick in DSi only games in the future (would be stupid to do so...). If I imported this LL to the US, would I be accessing the JP or US DSi Shop?
From what I hear, it all depends on the region of the handheld. So a JP DSi will access the JP shop only.

Gameboy415

Kintaro said:

It will connect to the JP DSi Shop no matter where in the world you use the DSiLL.
Just keep in mind you'll need Japanese Nintendo points to buy anything!

Just wait on the LL, it's confirmed for Europe, right? So it'll be coming to the US eventually - if it's not already been announced, I haven't been following it.

Spent a couple hours last night playing AC: B. Loving it thus far. Also the GF and I put up our "own" Christmas tree this year, the normal sized one is of course in the living room.
2iazi2w.jpg

oh yay, her deodorant is in the shot..

Jerrek

Neo Member
My first Pick-Up Thread post, better make it a good one!

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Dragon Age PC Collectors Edition and Strategy guide were from the girlfriend for my birthday.

The PS3 and company were a birthday present to myself that slowly spiraled out of control (AKA I am now broke.)

Not pictured is my expensive plane ticket to Las Vegas for CES in January.

Now.. Where do I start??

Lourio

Jerrek said:
My first Pick-Up Thread post, better make it a good one!

Nice pickups; you got a shit ton of great gaming ahead of you. :lol
If you don't mind, where did you get this shirt?

Jerrek

Neo Member

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
metroid.jpg

I'm not concerned about the content inside. I'm a fan of Metroid.

zone.jpg

Hopefully NSMBWii > NSMBDS. I've never played a ZotE game.

trek.jpg

Two simple, fun movies.

I also picked up Super Mario Kart and Ogre Battle on VC and RE2 on PSN.

JEKKI

I realized I had sold this game earlier while searching thru my game shelf coz I wanted to play this -_- lol.

so I picked up another complete copy off the goozex

149t6pc.jpg

Top Bottom