• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

WEGGLES

EricDiesel said:
So then do it old style then new style, each in alphabetical order. Or if it bothers you that much Photoshop old style covers and get them professionally printed. :p Seriously, talk about much ado about nothing...
It looks dumb, and was a needless change. I'm not that bent out of shape over it... I just don't like it.

olimpia84

First time posting in a pick-up thread. Here I go:

hrljzn.jpg

PSP 3000 Rockband bundle with some extra games

ynq13.jpg

Street Fighter II V 4 disc set, it has all episodes of the series. Plus some PS3 games ( Batman AA is still unopened)

hvz51l.jpg

Club Nintendo calendar for reaching Gold Status, Street Fighter poster that came with the disc set and BioShock guide for the PS3 (even though I already got platinum + 100% completion with DLC, bought it just for the heck of it) :)

Jet Grind Radio! said:
24dkihk.jpg

Fight Club was $17 at Best Buy...

Thank you so much for pointing out Fight Club on Bluray for me. I can't believe I missed it's release.
I guess it got lost in the excitement of Star Trek.
I have waited for this for so long. I jumped right up and went to Best Buy to get it in on that deal. My fiancee was confused as to why I ran out the door. lolz Thanks again, much appreciated!

olimpia84 said:
PSP 3000 Rockband bundle with some extra games

I wanted to nab that bundle with Wal-Mart's $129 tag, but my local store sold out quickly. FatWalleters won again. PSP Rock Band is awesome, it can get way intense.

Anyway, I needed a pick-me-up so I bought some stuff. My iPhone was stolen (no insurance), FUBAR car (rental now eating my paycheck), so I blew a few remaining bucks for a desperate smile.

nov-tt.jpg

SingStar Take That, finally! This is the first SingStar where I love every song on the set. ABBA was close, but I've spent much more time on Take That over the years. I'm in my element. GOTY? Recipe, you stir me up inside

nov-bruno.jpg

I wanted so badly to see Bruno in theaters, but it never happened. I'm excited to finally give it a whirl tonight.

nov-gow.jpg

GoW is brand new to me, but I've always thought I'd love it despite never giving it a shot. This seems like the perfect opportunity to dive in.

suikodan

8dd67469.jpg

Final haul for november.

GoW Collection: It's a no-brainer. PS2 developpers are sitting on gold waiting for PS2 games to be re-released in 1080p on the PS3.

CoD: MW2: It's our next LAN-party game-of-the-day.

PSPGo Blue case

AC2 signed by Patrice Désilets and LAURENT, a personal friend of mine who worked on the game.

Grady Durden said:
Thank you so much for pointing out Fight Club on Bluray for me. I can't believe I missed it's release.
I guess it got lost in the excitement of Star Trek.
I have waited for this for so long. I jumped right up and went to Best Buy to get it in on that deal. My fiancee was confused as to why I ran out the door. lolz Thanks again, much appreciated!
Ha ha. No problem. I was surprised to see it that low honestly.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Litflynt912 said:
those barron 1's are hot...always wanted a pair but holding out for the space jams next month..

nice pickup!!!

Space Jams are coming out next month?? Those are my favorite Jordan's that I never owned. I'm sure they'll sell out instantly.

olimpia84

Toy Soldier said:
I wanted to nab that bundle with Wal-Mart's $129 tag, but my local store sold out quickly. FatWalleters won again. PSP Rock Band is awesome, it can get way intense.

Yeah, I can't believe how fun Rockband is for the PSP. At first I thought it was a stupid concept to play a music game with no instruments but this one does the job really well. And yes, I was lucky enough to find the bundle at Walmart, awesome deal.

nov09eyepet.jpg

Was £25 on the Asda website. Gone back up to £32 now.

It's surprisingly fun, even if you do feel a bit silly playing it as an adult!!

Doc Evils said:
yo yo yo

n3nujn.jpg

yo

Hmmm, 18 GBP @ Amazon.uk... kinda costly for such an old PC game,b ut it's better than paying more for a used copy on ebay. I might have to import, about time they rereleased it!

Gyrian

A few more pickups:

pu1y.jpg

Chunking Express Bluray (finally done with that BN sale, hehe), PS3 headset, House of the Dead Overkill (thanks GAF for that new egg tip!), and a Polar Beer t-shirt!

pu2.jpg

Something to wear in January, can't wait for the final season. :)

Ovid

The laptop and 360 are from Amazon's Lightning Deals a few weeks ago.
awq886.jpg

5ese4p.jpg

Picked up these games with the $100 credit from Amazon. I figured I should start from the birth of the system with some exclusive titles. These were all recommended by GAF.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379679
91ibza.jpg

Saw Burnout for $15 at Best Buy and had to get it. I like it so far. Kicking ass on MW2. PSN: Suprstar.
15o9zjp.jpg

Purchased the debut album from my favorite artist right now.
e6yvk5.jpg

Got this nifty PS3/PS2 Memory Card Adapter from a fellow GAFer, DJ Crimson. Thanks dude.
30s9352.jpg

That's it until Black Friday.

nyprimus2

Gyrian said:
A few more pickups:

Chunking Express Bluray (finally done with that BN sale, hehe), PS3 headset, House of the Dead Overkill (thanks GAF for that new egg tip!), and a Polar Beer t-shirt!

Something to wear in January, can't wait for the final season. :)
February 2nd :(

The only pick-up this month so far:

The lovely Black Edition of ACII
14xi2vs.jpg

(Bad photo. Blame the iPhone and it's terrible camera...)

The leather book is amazing. I'm a sucker for a book of concept art, some of them are unreal!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Bathing Ape knit shark hoody
21nmmxc.jpg

Otacool book by DannyChoo, featuring otaku rooms from around the world
m9u8gz.jpg

I tried taking some photos of pages within the book but it was hard to lay the book flat enough for a good photo without destroying the spine. Here's one of the most popular pages:

3926187580_ba8dd51a2b_o.jpg

2ljkllc.jpg

Not pictured - Crysis + Crysis Warhead from Steam last weekend.

Pretty quiet month for me so far... I have been most surprised with how much I'm enjoying ACII - such a massive improvement over the first one.

Carl

Okay so here's my pickups for this month :) First time posting in one of these threads, for some reason.

Some PSN vouchers

DSC00164.jpg

Finally got my hands on Borderlands thanks to some birthday money :)

DSC00165.jpg

Also bought a couple of PSP batterys as my old one wont hold it's charge anymore

DSC00166.jpg

(sucky picture i know) and a 16GB Sony MS Pro Duo for my PSP

DSC00167.jpg

LittleBigPlanet PSP - Awesome, fully reccommend it

DSC00168.jpg

Detuned - Not bad...But not half as good as Linger in Shadows

DSC00169.jpg

Critter Crunch - Amazing game, props to Cappy

DSC00170.jpg

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival - Awesome as LocoRoco usually is

DSC00171.jpg

Rock Band Unplugged

DSC00172.jpg

Metal Gear Solid - I had already bought it off of the USA PSN but i bought it anyway, when it came to Europe!

DSC00173.jpg

Got these DVDs for my birthday - Not heard of any of these but i love a good horror film!

DSC00175.jpg

And another horror i haven't heard of, aswell as Michael McIntyre's new DVD - Which should be hilarious when i get round to watching it

[
DSC00174.jpg

November was a good month for pick-ups :)

Yes Boss!

Got two new LS-32s and a full set of new Seimitsu buttons for my little bastard Candy 26. Next thing on the docket is to switch out the janky old panel for something newer.

P1030058.jpg

luka said:
Nice to see you're still flaunting your....unique decorative inclinations. :lol

It's hard not to, the best spots to take pictures in my den are surrounded by my wall decor.

Though, admittedly, that's no coincidence! :D I love the stuff, even got a couple more frames/prints on the way.

SnowWolf said:
Bathing Ape knit shark hoody
21nmmxc.jpg

Otacool book by DannyChoo, featuring otaku rooms from around the world
m9u8gz.jpg

I tried taking some photos of pages within the book but it was hard to lay the book flat enough for a good photo without destroying the spine. Here's one of the most popular pages:

3926187580_ba8dd51a2b_o.jpg

I WANT TO GO TO THERE!!!! LOL

Nice pickups!! Danny is the man and I cannot wait to go to Tokyo in 3 weeks!
I will clean Nigo's shop out!!!
nice hoodie man...nice hoodie!

nny

Avast, ye scurvy dogs! I sailed to Ye Bay and pillaged me some fine booty:

DSC04870.jpg

(I've been wanting this box forever, but never gotten around to get it...until now. arrrr! The sequel is on its way too. \o/)

This here movie has a wench that sails through time? Bilge!
DSC04867.jpg

What did three-headed monkeys evolve from?
DSC04864.jpg

Fair winds!

KillerAJD

Sorry for the flash! Anybody know of any decent, free, calibration software for LCD monitors?

2012d81.jpg

ASUS 21.5" 1080p monitor :D It's good to be back gaming in HD on my PS3 again. Plus, now I have a dual screen setup.

2czadn8.jpg

Bad Company 2 beta

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Carl said:
Also bought a couple of PSP batterys as my old one wont hold it's charge anymore

DSC00166.jpg
If those are knock off batteries divide by 4 or 5 to get actual rating.
Sony's official battery lasts around 5-6 hours for me, the knockoffs although they say they are higher only last 2-3 and give incorrect battery readings.

So I picked up a large machine Friday night:

100_1899.jpg

The guy had 6 or titles but I chose those either because they were great(Sonic CD) or nostalgia factor(Wrestling games were big for me, MK and Road Rash just for lol's)
It was pretty dirty and it's scratched but with a little help from Lukemorse1 videos on youtube, I was able to bring it back to a real decent look. He's in japan recycling A LOT of old consoles from Hard off. Hats off to him. By the way, except for snatcher, any other Sega CD titles would you recommend me?

Also:

100_1900.jpg

Assassin's creed 2 and CD: MW2. Bad picture I'm sorry.

Top Bottom