• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

Black Friday haul. Also bought Skyrim earlier this month. I've never played Ico, SotC, or any Metal Gear Solid game before, so I'm looking forward to playing them. I've already downed 6 colossi on SotC and 40 hours in to Skyrim. Have yet to start playing the others. I'm keeping my eye out for a Zelda bundle. I really want that thing, but not for $120.

20111127100412r.jpg

Picked up some more DS stuff:

Tetris was $15 and Legendary Starfy was $10 at Target BF Sale.

IMAG0075.jpg

Picked up The World Ends with You for $19 off Amazon after all of the praise it has gotten on GAF. They sent it on Friday, got it Saturday morning. Love Amazon:

IMAG0074.jpg

Finally, I picked up the $99 DS Lite with the $10 Target Gift Card this morning. Will probably use this a lot more than my 3DS as I only have 1 3DS game (SM3DL). I really love the texture of controls and bottom of the DSLite. Totally work $89.

IMAG0076.jpg

Gameboy415

Got quite a bit of stuff over the last week:

1111Books2.jpg

All of the guides were a penny each at Best Buy. :)
The Amazon Kindle Gift Cards were randomly on clearance at Target for $17.50 each so I spent $122.50 to get $175 in Amazon credit which I used to buy:

1111XBOX1.jpg

Finally got a US XBOX 360 with Kinect!
It was regular price on Amazon ($299.99) but it came with $100 promo credit so after using the gift cards and getting the promo credit back, I basically got it for ~$150 without having to battle Black Friday crowds.
I've had a JP 360 for years but most of the newer games I want to play are not region-free so I've barely touched it.
The Deathsmiles LE was only $20 on Amazon, Alan Wake was part of a B2G1, and so were Kameo and N3 (and they were under $5 each to boot!).

1111Sony2.jpg

Dark Forces and Die Hard Trilogy 2 were dirt cheap at Half-Price Books.
Afrika, Resonance of Fate, and Ridge Racer 7 are from Gamestop's B2G1.
Assassin's Creed Revelations and Earth Defense Force I got for $49.99 and $19.99 respectively.
Dissidia: DeweyDecimalSystem was only $9.99 at Best Buy.
Rango, Tomb Raider Trilogy, and TRON Evolution were all on clearance at Target for ~$9 each.

1111Nintendo2.jpg

Finally found Pokepark on clearance at Best Buy and now have every first-party Wii game to date. :)
Zelda: Skyward Sword is my GOTY, I'm pretty sure.
SolatoRobo was $19.99 on Amazon and Thor and Samurai Warriors Chronicles were on clearance at Target.

I've got a handful of Blu-Rays coming from Black Friday sales a few more games too.
Considering how much stuff I got, I didn't spend as much money as I thought I would. :D

Loxley

Sonic Racing and a gingerbread heart from the Christmas market in Frankfurt. :D

cimg29410muct.jpg

You just brought back great memories I have of visiting an incredible Christmas market in downtown Chicago with my entire high school German class back in December of '06. So much damn good food....

Just flew in from spending Thanksgiving in NY so I missed black Friday...which is totally fine...
decided to take advantage of the Sundays specials and picked up some things I have been needing...
new brown office chair...can't be beat for $40 and the Acer is the 21.5" best buy special...
needed something to hook up to the macbook..
f35zHl.jpg

not pictured is the Uniqlo(including $5.90 MH3 tees) haul from NY amongst the memories of meeting up with my best friends and having a blast

From Target:
5c6fa76f.jpg

82246856.jpg

From Best Buy (Unknown is from Fry's):
27fceaf4.jpg

From GameStop and Wal-Mart:
1044df94.jpg

And from Ulta - the deodorant was the BF purchase:
846017d5.jpg

Still have Amazon purchases to take pics of (they're currently at work).

Buttons

Wow that BMW 2002 is gorgeous. My grandfather used to own one in white and then sold it shortly before he passed away. Will always be a special car to me, thanks for posting. :D

rakanishu

Banned
Thanks, my father had a 1502 in the same color when he was young so it's special to me too :) Looking forward to putting some money into it and get it really pretty looking. Engine and transmission is in perfect order :D

More pictures here

Wow, most of my pickups this month were digital. So, I'm afraid I have little to show at the moment.

IMG-20111127-00004
Classic Sonic approves of my most recent gaming acquisition.

373787_2657328395423_1322274467_32935669_972674845_n.jpg

AWESOME new beer/liquor store just opened in town. Couldn't resist. :3

303189_2690479144171_1322274467_32949046_330558273_n.jpg

Early Christmas gift from my lovely girlfriend. (I really needed new shoes.)

canocha

Nintendo 3DS Limited Zelda Edition arrived!!

vPKO5.jpg

wYYew.jpg

I think the bumpers on this one are not big enough yet... i'll just use protection from now!

Cdammen

1322506659-2011-11-28%20IMG_2096.jpg

I also ordered Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Metroid: Other M. The Wii is my favorite system this gen, no doubt about it. I'm now finally realizing it.

Xbox 360 was my go-to hardware, at first, then I got a decent gaming PC. The exclusive exclusive didn't do anything for me on the 360... except for the first Crackdown and Earth Defence Force 2017. I also had a PS3, loved the Blu-ray functionality and the exclusive PSN games (Pixeljunk Shooter and Flower are ace), but sold it because the games didn't jive with me. So here I am. PC, Wii and the occasional portable console :)

(EDIT) rakanishu that BMW 2002 is HOT!

How does it work?

It's an iOS app that uses your phone's GPS. You can tell it what type of activity you're doing (running, jogging, cycling etc.) and start it as you begin the workout.

Depending on your settings it will periodically interrupt your playlist to let you know how far you've gone, what your average speed is and how many calories you have burned. These options can be turned off (I found it annoying). You can track your progress on an in-app map that displays the path you've taken using a Google maps-style interface, and it also shows where on the map you hit the first, second, third etc. mile/km. It's pretty cool to go back and review your old cardio routes.

Because it is storing all of this detail to the Runkeeper site (you can make your profile private if you'd like) it is able to "award" you when you break records (distance or frequency in a given week) and remind you via email when you haven't been exercising.

Edit: This is what the "review map" interface looks like.
runkeeper-map.jpg

Ken

It's an iOS app that uses your phone's GPS. You can tell it what type of activity you're doing (running, jogging, cycling etc.) and start it as you begin the workout.

Depending on your settings it will periodically interrupt your playlist to let you know how far you've gone, what your average speed is and how many calories you have burned. These options can be turned off (I found it annoying). You can track your progress on an in-app map that displays the path you've taken using a Google maps-style interface, and it also shows where on the map you hit the first, second, third etc. mile/km. It's pretty cool to go back and review your old cardio routes.

Because it is storing all of this detail to the Runkeeper site (you can make your profile private if you'd like) it is able to "award" you when you break records (distance or frequency in a given week) and remind you via email when you haven't been exercising.

Edit: This is what the "review map" interface looks like.
runkeeper-map.jpg
Very cool, thanks. Think I'll try it out.

Yes Boss!

Got this totally for free cause Amazon messed up the first delivery of these Move sets...they gave me a $100 gift card to re-order it at no charge. Gotta love Amazon!

ce6de602.jpg

I do not feel angry in the slightest that I missed out on Amazon's lightning deal for the CE version of this on Thursday:

a28b1f66.jpg

Can't beat paying $12 when even the lightning deal was $40.

vag 2.0

WPBcW.jpg

Unusually big haul for me oct-nov, I don't do the 'backlog' thing generally

(also, not pictured, 1Q84 1/2/3 for kindle, God Hand & Daytona for PSN.)

whoa, sounds like a Jedi fan's dream.

It's pretty cool, especially how there are 'notes' from the other Jedi commenting on things. Definitely a book for Star Wars fans, but there are cool things - like the Jedi combat forms - that do seem to expand on what isn't seen on-screen or in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom