• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

yay i can rejoin the party
ChronoTrigger.jpg

I can't believe people are giving Kadey grief for spending a bunch of money on others for the holidays. Especially when there are posts in this thread where people have bought like twenty games at once for themselves. :lol

Tabris

comedy bomb said:
I can't believe people are giving Kadey grief for spending a bunch of money on others for the holidays. Especially when there are posts in this thread where people have bought like twenty games at once for themselves. :lol

I don't think anyone is complaining about anyone spending a bunch and if they are, then that's jealousy. My annoyance with her and several others in this thread is they fill it with garbage about how they will be posting their pictures. Well instead of posting that, just post them or wait until you got time to post them. Then you got pictures of crap like food and not like special pickups, just the food they're eating today. Check out OnkelC's thread to post your food in.

Anyways I'm only posting this because I was planning to post my pickups but Kadey's BS ruined that and I gotta wait for December thread. Hopefully before she starts posting her crap about big hauls and receipts.

Also it's very funny how much she gets defended and it's ONLY because it's a girl because I see several other posts in these threads where people get attacked for posting something stupid and no one says anything.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Sidzed2 said:
I'm not attacking anyone personally, but to my mind this thread seems a little bit tacky and exemplifies everything that's wrong with modern society. How can so many people buy so much shit and then feel good about putting it in a pile and showing it to other people?

And what's with all the people still buying fucking toys, and statues, and nick nacks? The scary thing is I bet you're all over 25.

Bloody scary.

I mean, I know we are all materialistic whores at heart (because this is how most of us have been brought up) but do we have to celebrate it? We should be ashamed.

Ahh hell, of course we should celebrate it. Think of all the jobs, families, and wealth that's created by these purchases. These purchases go towards education, health care, happiness, wellness, and on and on. To call our economy and the very thing that has provided so much stability, food, health, and happiness to the masses tacky, is to miss the point.

Anyway, I just bought a shit ton of shit from Amazon, I'll be posting a pic when it comes. All of that money went to support the families that made the purchase possible, from the amazon janitor to the guy who makes the ink for the printer that prints my name on the package, to the dude that manages the 401k for those employees, to the garbage collector that picks up their garbage. Of course I fucking celebrate buying shit that makes people money and provides for their families, and in turn makes me happy. Please, seriously, explain to me what is not to love about system that benefits so many while making so many happy. FUCK! Life is good, capitalism is good, so what if people buy pieces of plastic that make them happy!?

Okay I promise this my last post on the topic, the next will have pics.

Edit, oh hell here's my favorite purchase, Siren Blood Curse from England. I pretty much got it for free due to a DVD.uk sale, bought two for $50 and then sold the other here in the states for $45. So I basically got the game for $5. Capitalism yum!

100_9316.jpg

More to come, because I've bought a shitload of games over the past couple months, and I'm not in the least embarrassed about it. My cash went to low, middle, and high income folks, and that's good with me. I helped provide their food, health care, and happiness. What's not to love about that?!

Final edit: The only thing to be ashamed of is that you don't understand how the economy works. The only thing to be ashamed of is how you can't see how every dollar you spend goes to help low, and middle income families make ends meet. It doesn't matter if you're buying a polished turd or a video game, spending money benefits EVERYONE. Keep your shame and your ridiculous guilt to yourself. I will continue to celebrate an economy that spreads wealth to the masses and where my buying a video game that makes me happy provides wealth to millions. I love that, and I will NEVER be ashamed of spending my money when it goes to good hard working families that need it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NZNova said:
23ubhu9.jpg

been a pretty busy month

edit: forgot resistance 2
I guess you won't be playing anything else than Wrath on that pic, until much later next year. Like me.

Proc

Seiken said:
I guess you won't be playing anything else than Wrath on that pic, until much later next year. Like me.

And me...SSFHD Remix has been the perfect accompaniment to short WoW breaks lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Proc said:
And me...SSFHD Remix has been the perfect accompaniment to short WoW breaks lol.
Same man, same... it's pretty pathetic, really :/

Seiken said:

Personally I find L4D makes for a good break between long bouts of WotLK leveling.

But yeah, the amount of games I turned out buying this fall was even lower than I had expected. Just L4D, Dead Space and WotLK. The rest just doesn't compare in terms of quality and there's just so little time to play everything right now.

Probably would have a bought a lot more of the useless crap like Far Cry 2 or Fable 2 if only it had come out in the summer when I was bored stiff.

spirity

Sidzed2 said:
And what's with all the people still buying fucking toys, and statues, and nick nacks? The scary thing is I bet you're all over 25.

Bloody scary.

<splutters>

THEY'RE NOT TOYS!!!

Or dolls for that matter. They're "figures".

Yeah. That's it. Figures. Nothing wrong with that, especially the "up-skirt" shots. Perfectly normal.

Seriously though, It is a little odd.

And by "a little odd", I mean FUCKING CREEPY.

cvxfreak said:
Exactly. Her posts just naturally attract all sorts of replies (from amazement to jealousy) and she totally sucked in people who actually thought that was her haul. The fact she suckered so many people proves just what people would be willing to believe about her. In the end, she gets the last laugh. :lol

sarcasm?

Barrett2

McBacon said:
Don't worry man it gets much better

I'm kidding, the game sucks ass

I am glad to hear this, I was debating buying this, but I thought the first game was overrated garbage, and the second didn't look much different. :lol

Manp

McBacon said:
Don't worry man it gets much better

I'm kidding, the game sucks ass
not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but i'm starting to think you're right

lawblob said:
I am glad to hear this, I was debating buying this, but I thought the first game was overrated garbage, and the second didn't look much different. :lol
never been a big fan of R1 (always thought it was vastly overrated but still a competent shooter) but i played it till the end and enjoyed it for what it was. R2 tho seems a lot worse in about everything up to the point i played it.

:)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
lawblob said:
So wrong but come to the OT to discuss. It is nowhere as bad as you guys say.

MoogPaul

I had some paypal money and went a little, er, crazy on eBay. I did get some great deals though. Sorry for the quality, my wife has the digital camera currently.

temp2.jpg

Chrono, Korg, and L4D were picked up new. Disaster came pretty cheap from ebay.co.uk
Opoona, Dragon Quest Swords, Shadow Hearts 2 and Baten Kaitos Orgins were all under 10 bucks shipped on ebay each. Phoenix Wright came from a gaffer.

Can somebody PLEASE take a picture of the back side of the Legend of Zelda Phantom of hourglass USA DS?

i got a copy from ebay and i just want to confirm it is a legit one. Thanks.

NZNova

Seiken said:

Kinda... I got my pally to 80 and then haven't been playing much. I'm not really super into rep grinds, or pvp grinds, or raiding grinds, I just hang out with some friends on there, so it's not so bad. I'm moving through my game list. :)

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Here is what I picked up/given for my birthday on Friday.

P1000969small.jpg

Fallout 3
Grey Goose Vodka
Swissgear backpack
Archos 7
Remington 7 in 1 grooming system
Neck and Shoulder massager

Top Bottom