• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Jokes aside, I'm similar to Kadey in that I keep literally all my receipts in a shoebox and staple them together by month to track my spending. This is the past year and a half, and I'm not showing off because it's mostly groceries, restaurants, etc. I buy very few electronics these days actually.

2quhpvk.jpg

cvxfreak

Ecto311 said:
No most of us feel bad because the joke was far from a joke. People get banned for posting stock images because it does nothing to further the conversation but this kind of shit is just tolerated? Wow I could really look at the pile of receipts and relate feeling like part of the community.

There are a lot of people having a bleak holiday season as is and she thinks that kind of shit is a joke? My self I do like her posts but most of them are just quantity - no quality IE: 20 Gameboy advances in a pile, not even taken care of just jammed together for shock. There have been posts that say if you follow these threads then you just know its a joke. I read the monthly thread daily and there have been very few jokes if any that I remember.

It just makes me sick that this was supposed to be a joke but at the same time people have been recently trampled to death and fighting over a single 360 to save a dollar and she shows off like that. Its offensive and not real funny.

If that's the inference you're willing to draw, then you're seriously grasping at straws and making a mountain out of a molehill. No pun intended.

Myself, I think the reactions are more amusing than the actual pic itself. Everything from the amazement to the bemoaning.

SnowWolf said:
Jokes aside, I'm similar to Kadey in that I keep literally all my receipts in a shoebox and staple them together by month. This is the past year and a half or so, and I'm not showing off because it's mostly groceries, restaurants, etc. I buy very few electronics these days actually.

Coincidentially, I threw a lot of my old ones out a few days ago. I wish a lot of stores would start taking the Apple Store approach and emailing receipts. This saves paper. If more stores did it, then I'd make an email address dedicated to receiving store receipts.

Black Friday, Saturday, and Past Week:

3069352492_37b68792f8.jpg

360 Arcade Pack + 60GB Pack.

3068516501_d9839ca01f.jpg

Chrono Trigger DS w/ free poster, soundtrack.

3068518111_4475ab5bb8.jpg

Left4Dead (49.99), Dead Rising (9.99).

3069356700_99c117bb8c.jpg

UMDs (3.99 each).

3068521451_5b4246a89d.jpg

Knocked Up, 40-yr-old Virgin (8.99 each).

3069360504_08ef33f46a.jpg

Gattaca, Corteo: Cirque du Soleil (9.99 each).

3069362268_780d0fd7e2.jpg

Underworld (9.99), Sarah Connor Chronicles (14.99).

And then a bunch of accessories, half of 'em free after rebate:

3068527141_917ef06d3c.jpg

50pk dvd-rs (4.97), emprex 8gb thumbdrive (14.99-5=9.99).

3069366094_50ed757345.jpg

hp 8gb thumbdrive (17.99-10=7.99), 1gb ram (19.99-8=11.99).

3069368142_658c703a3c.jpg

4port usb hub (5-5=free), card reader (5-5=free).

3069369664_9f9e5db506.jpg

belkin power strip (7-7=free).

3068534085_0f2463dd26.jpg

memorex slim jewel case 100pk (12-12=free).

3068535727_ae0eeda80d.jpg

memorex travel case (12-12=free).

zoku88

SnowWolf said:
Jokes aside, I'm similar to Kadey in that I keep literally all my receipts in a shoebox and staple them together by month to track my spending. This is the past year and a half, and I'm not showing off because it's mostly groceries, restaurants, etc. I buy very few electronics these days actually.
I don't think I've ever kept a single receipt.

Is that bad?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ecto311 said:
No most of us feel bad because the joke was far from a joke. People get banned for posting stock images because it does nothing to further the conversation but this kind of shit is just tolerated? Wow I could really look at the pile of receipts and relate feeling like part of the community.

There are a lot of people having a bleak holiday season as is and she thinks that kind of shit is a joke? My self I do like her posts but most of them are just quantity - no quality IE: 20 Gameboy advances in a pile, not even taken care of just jammed together for shock. There have been posts that say if you follow these threads then you just know its a joke. I read the monthly thread daily and there have been very few jokes if any that I remember.

It just makes me sick that this was supposed to be a joke but at the same time people have been recently trampled to death and fighting over a single 360 to save a dollar and she shows off like that. Its offensive and not real funny.

Oh please. Talk about making assumptions. You have no idea how I am so don't go blabbering like you know me. For one, you don't know how I great I take care of my stuff, myself or even others.

And I already stated my purchases were "christmas gifts." Do you know what that means? That's right. Not for me. For others. Compared to last year which certain people would remember, I didn't buy nearly as much stuff for myself. I think it's funny like I said before, it's the people who aren't actually contributing to the thread that is making the stupid comments. The OP isn't the kind of guy who would be my friend If I'm the type of person you think I am.

For Mike Works and all the other confused individuals, I already said I was gathering the stuff up to take a picture. How hard is that to comprehend? The receipts aren't the real gifts. These are. Sheesh. Some people I swear.

atp1c5.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bumblebeetuna said:
Owned :lol

lol @ all the defenders.

Idiot. :lol

Nice haul, Kadey.

I'll try to get my November stuff posted soon. Can't let you have all the spotlight. ;)

Do you have the gun shaped RE outbreak shirt? If You want it I can send it to you for free.

Kintaro said:
It was a great joke if you frequent this thread for any good amount of time to get to know Kadey. :lol
It's someone I'll never meet in life from a message board, why would any of us what to "get to know" her?

Kadey said:
And I already stated my purchases were "christmas gifts." Do you know what that means? That's right. Not for me. For others

You can't fool us Kadey. We all know you bought that Barbie tricycle for yourself ;p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
comedy bomb said:
You can't fool us Kadey. We all know you bought that Barbie tricycle for yourself ;p

That's actually going to one of the 1up adminstrator's daughter. Though I wouldn't mind going around the block with it. :D

NeoGAF DECEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!), lets all post stuff we brought since 2005.

For newcomers to thread, jokes on them. We'll get the last laugh.

^ Guy still doesn't get it.

knitoe

NeoGAF DECEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!), lets all post stuff we brought since 2005.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
This reminds me... I need to finish Christmas shopping. I forgot I might be out of the country soon, I won't have time for shit!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Looking at the tricycle...I was curious. Do they still sell Big Wheels? I haven't seen a kid ride one in ages. Such memories.

Kadey said:
And I already stated my purchases were "christmas gifts." Do you know what that means? That's right. Not for me. For others. Compared to last year which certain people would remember, I didn't buy nearly as much stuff for myself.

So, what did you get for yourself this year?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
This reminds me... I need to finish Christmas shopping. I forgot I might be out of the country soon, I won't have time for shit!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can Kailee ride a bike yet?
So, what did you get for yourself this year?

Nothing. I don't want or need anything this year.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Kintaro said:
Looking at the tricycle...I was curious. Do they still sell Big Wheels? I haven't seen a kid ride one in ages. Such memories.

You see the escalade Britney's son was driving? That thing goes like 5mph. :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Can Kailee ride a bike yet?

Yes she can, she's 7 now! (When the hell did she turn 7?! Still seems like my daughter is 3 to me, lol)...

And not getting yourself anything for Christmas!? :O

I'll send you some Street Fighter IV stuff early ;)

cvxfreak

Kadey said:
Do you have the gun shaped RE outbreak shirt? If You want it I can send it to you for free.

:) I don't have it. Much appreciated, thanks!

I decided to Xmas shop for myself early this year. :)

On the gaming side, I just preordered a bunch of stuff and my Black DSi didn't arrive yet. I preordered both LE versions of Resident Evil 5 as well as the normal PS3 version.

On the tech side:

w1tmjs.jpg

A 500GB Time Capsule, a Wireless Mighty Mouse and the Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones (which are excellent)

bj9xdi.jpg

A Burberry sports jacket and three shirts. The shirts were on sale.

167qs75.jpg

I don't care what GAF thinks about luxury brands, but Louis Vuitton's Graphite Damier collection is sweet. Pictured are the iPhone 3G case, the Jorn and the Keepall Bandouliere.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Nice stuff Alex! Make sure you take pics when you go to the Pacquiao vs Dela Hoya bout too :)

I wish I could go lol...

cvxfreak

MarkMan, I heard MGM released more tickets and they're bundling them with Southwest flights. Don't worry, I'll bring you back something from that fight. :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
cvxfreak said:
MarkMan, I heard MGM released more tickets and they're bundling them with Southwest flights. Don't worry, I'll bring you back something from that fight. :D

Nice thanks bro, you know I'm going to hook you up with some RE5 stuff now! The US stuff anyways :p lol..

Ecto311 said:

Do you really think that her post was some sort of insult to those who are less fortunate this holiday season or those who are suffering due to the financial crisis? Really? You really think that? C'mon.

The post was obviously meant as a one off "look at this giant pile of receipts that couldn't possibly all be from this month" joke. Everyone was supposed to laugh and say "yeah, sure you spent that much" and move on. Instead, for some fucking insane reason, some people actually believed her and worse - GAF DETECTIVES decided to prove that the pile of receipts was fake. No shit it is fake!! Look at it!! No need to zoom and crop!

This is pretty much why I lurk most of the time in this thread. I get tired of all the "OMG YOU POSTED STOCK IMAGES PLEASE BAN/PUNCH HIM MODS!!" posts every time someone posts a stock image. Just shoot the guy a PM, chances are he is fairly new to the thread and didn't read the OP. It happens. Get over yourselves.

derder said:
Wait, there was a deal on the headset, how much?

Well not really a Black Friday deal, the headset is $46.99 compared to $59.99 +tax at most major stores.

edit: uh oh, it appears to be out of stock now...

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Ecto311 said:
No most of us feel bad because the joke was far from a joke.

There are a lot of people having a bleak holiday season as is and she thinks that kind of shit is a joke?

hrya8z.jpg

I had quite a few pickups this month. Biggest one was finally replacing my dead camera... only to have it broken straight out of the box! annoying when I had to replace a dead xbox this month too. Now I'm just waiting for the store to get a replacement camera in for me.

For now...

HD Remix has me all nostalgic. Time to bring back my after school ritual from the mid 90's!
2yl5nx0.jpg

2rrtk6q.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
Yes she can, she's 7 now! (When the hell did she turn 7?! Still seems like my daughter is 3 to me, lol)...

And not getting yourself anything for Christmas!? :O

I'll send you some Street Fighter IV stuff early ;)

Get her a bike?

Or better yet. http://i34.tinypic.com/293ylj5.jpg So cute!!!

Hmmm....nope. Nothing. At least for the time being. Give it to Alex if you want. Unless of course you're talking about the game. -=coughs=-

:) I don't have it. Much appreciated, thanks!

I decided to Xmas shop for myself early this year. :)

You're still in Japan, aren't you? Great stuff. Especially the bags. I'm using my HK one right now. More HK stuff coming. :)

It's the only way.

Truespeed

Kadey said:

It was rather odd that he would attack you for basically buying gifts for other people. There's a word for that, you know, being generous. Perhaps he was angered at your generosity. Anyway, I call dibs on the Barbie trike.

Flunkie

Banned
Truespeed said:
It was rather odd that he would attack you for basically buying gifts for other people. There's a word for that, you know, being generous. Perhaps he was angered at your generosity. Anyway, I call dibs on the Barbie trike.
That's two words. :p

Enron

Banned
Kadey said:
Some of you seem to have personal vendettas against me for god knows what.

Well, its probably because of the numerous HAY GUYS IM RICH LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF I GOT posts.

Edit: you must not like whoever you bought those bottles for if you are giving them Johnny Walker

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Enron said:
Well, its probably because of the numerous HAY GUYS IM RICH LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF I GOT posts.

Edit: you must not like whoever you bought those bottles for if you are giving them Johnny Walker

OMG, posting pickups in a pickup thread!!! No wai!!! And please do find a post where I said I was rich. Go ahead. Marky and CVX both makes ten times more than I do.

Enron

Banned
hey, i don't care, i'm just saying. You act shocked when flaunting all this stuff and it puts people off. You probably shouldn't be.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
knitoe said:

Not even funny.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just snapped some quick and dirty pictures, I can't believe I almost let it slide until the end of the month because I had a ton of great pickups!

photo-91.jpg
P1000733.jpg

The first two go hand in hand a Panasonic LX3 :D and a 16gig SD card.

It's super-nice. I'm loving it so far, and learning how to take some great pictures.
I was just in Tahoe for Thanksgiving and there were a lot of beautiful things to shoot.

P1000585.jpg

P1000588.jpg

My Videogame pick-ups this month
A modest, but incredible selection.
P1000735.jpg

Picture5.png

Here is my Space Jacket
P1000736.jpg

It's a super warm burton jacket that I totally just had to have the second I saw it on the rack, but when I brought it up to the cashier I found out it had a speaker system in the hood. :lol It's kinda gimmicky but actually pretty awesome it sounds surprisingly good and is incredibly discrete.

To go with it, I bought a 50$ iPod
P1000737.jpg

Which is actually fucking radical. It's super small and I have an amazing playlist on it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
This is terrible, everyone just drop the subject and focus on pickups?

It is a 'pick up' post after all...

Since we're in the theme of picking up...

Kadey... there, there... Ignore those mean guys... *hugs Kadey*

lol

ok bad joke

---

I got "these" in at work today, you may have seen them on AMAZON or GameStop...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Jtwo said:
OMG how is the gamepad?
I want it not so much for SF4 but all my other xbla games.

It is actually VERY good and it is very friendly with other XBLA games for not having analog sticks. There is a switch that lets you change dpad functionality to either left analog stick, right analog, or dpad. The only thing is if you need both analog sticks at once it won't work out too well.

While I can't really say/explain much at this point, I promise I'll go in depth on the pad and it's features when the time is right.

Like the arcade sticks, a lot of thought/effort was put into the designs and a lot of reasoning why I chose to make them that way.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Jtwo said:
Just snapped some quick and dirty pictures, I can't believe I almost let it slide until the end of the month because I had a ton of great pickups!

A Lumix!!! Nice. Does it have 10x zoom and stuff?
This is terrible, everyone just drop the subject and focus on pickups?

It is a 'pick up' post after all...

Since we're in the theme of picking up...

Kadey... there, there... Ignore those mean guys... *hugs Kadey*

lol

ok bad joke

---

I got "these" in at work today, you may have seen them on AMAZON or GameStop...

I wished they'd ignore me. Ecto must love me right? He's showing symptoms of "hurting the ones you love."
I'm beginning to understand .Hacked now.

You had work today?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Kadey said:
A Lumix!!! Nice. Does it have 10x zoom and stuff?
No, this one has like 2.5x zoom. :lol
It's still a pretty highly regarded camera though, I actually got clued into it from September's pickup thread.

Top Bottom