• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

N-Bomb

I think I must be in the minority that I find these kinds of threads sort of tasteless. Kudos to ms. kadey for her posts of almost 80's-level excess. The only things missing are glitter, leopard print, and crimped hair. A little modesty never hurts, people.

One comment however!

cvxfreak said:
On the tech side:

w1tmjs.jpg

A 500GB Time Capsule, a Wireless Mighty Mouse and the Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones (which are excellent)

Don't tell me you actually paid for a mighty mouse. With money? My god, I would've given you mine for free. If I could've gotten them not to include one with my mac and provide a discount, you can bet I would have.

The Time Capsule I can't really blame you however, unless you had a good wifi router already. They're good pieces of kit, and it beats having an HD plugged into your USB and running 24/7. Time Machine also kicks ass, I need to find something like it for XP...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
You had work today?

No, didn't go in the office, but still doing some work/correspondence from home. Luckily the office is only about 15 minutes from my house :lol

---

I need a new camera too! And I need a wall mount for a TV. Argh! Christmas shopping first!

Has anyone here been to Hong Kong before? There's this place there called Golden Center and it is kinda like HK's version of Akihabara.... That place is nuts! I hope to go there again soon...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
No, didn't go in the office, but still doing some work/correspondence from home. Luckily the office is only about 15 minutes from my house :lol

---

I need a new camera too! And I need a wall mount for a TV. Argh! Christmas shopping first!

Has anyone here been to Hong Kong before? There's this place there called Golden Center and it is kinda like HK's version of Akihabara.... That place is nuts! I hope to go there again soon...

A family man. Works at home now. :lol

Well, they don't want me in HK. Because...uhh...If I get near Donnie Yen. Things might happen.

I think I must be in the minority that I find these kinds of threads sort of tasteless. Kudos to ms. kadey for her posts of almost 80's-level excess. The only things missing are glitter, leopard print, and crimped hair. A little modesty never hurts, people.

Take onnnnnnnnnnn meeee, take me onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

And for Ecto. Open your heart to me!!!! Oh baby!!!

No, this one has like 2.5x zoom.
It's still a pretty highly regarded camera though, I actually got clued into it from September's pickup thread.

Ah. That model looks much better than the one I have. It looks like that latest Sigma.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
A family man. Works at home now. :lol

1hxams.jpg

Kadey said:

lol, I watched Mannequin so much! That movie was awesome... so is that song...

But I raise you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlsl9klbXhM

I need that hairstyle. That shit is on point.

---

Flock said:
funny thing is, kadey buys a lot of shit. But she has terrible taste.

Is this really needed in this thread? Seriously?

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Enron said:
Well, its probably because of the numerous HAY GUYS IM RICH LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF I GOT posts.

Edit: you must not like whoever you bought those bottles for if you are giving them Johnny Walker

Ahh okay, so what is your magic number for dollars spent on gaming goods that puts us into the, "look at me I'm rich" category? Maybe you can share your scale for richness measured in Gameboys so that we don't get on your enemies list.

The whole point of this thread is to post the crap you bought. Some of us only post every two or three months, and I for one don't give a shit if that's what people do. Big hairy deal. The main cardinal rule here is to not post stock picks. As long as people follow that, I don't think we should be monitoring how often they post, or that their purchase occurred within the month. If some people lie, well so what? They're going to lie either way if that's their bag.

Capitalism has spread wealth to the masses in ways never before seen in the history of man, and I celebrate it here, because it's saved more people from disease, starvation, poverty, and misery than any just about any other idea. I love capitalism because it works, and has pushed humanity in millions of new and unforseen directions. If you do well, not only do you secure the safety and future of your own family, but you can make the lives of others that much better by donating your wealth, ideas, and time.

When I buy a game, it supports the game maker, the pastic maker, the disk presser, the retailer, UPS corporate, the UPS customer service people, the UPS delivery guy, the maker of UPS trucks, the maker of UPS truck tires, the maker of glass that goes in the trucks, the guy that sells gas to the UPS driver to make his truck move, the engine maker, the janitor at Amazon, and on down the list. When I see someone post a picture of a game they bought, I see the millions of jobs that buying that game makes possible. I celebrate those families who benefit from that money being spent. I celebrate that culture which enriches all of those people while making the purchaser a little bit happier from the joy they get from playing the game. It's the ultimate win win situation. Don't hate it, love it for it is freedom itself. So the more games I see posted, the happier I am, because those are jobs, safety, and security for the millions of people that go into that game going from idea, to product, to the store, to my house, and into my console. That's health care, food, happiness, joy, and security for millions, wrapped in cellophane!!!

Okay now, the KGB can go back to policing the wealth of the members of NeoGaf forum. You KGB'ers have to realize that some of us on this board are middle aged adults with good jobs. Spending $100, $200 or more a month on games is a pretty small part of a middle aged persons budget, especially if this is our main hobby. Hell, I know people that spend hundreds a month on playing golf, owning a horse, flying airplanes and buying a sports car. It's really not that strange. Most adults with hobbies spend $1000 to $2000 a year on their hobby. That's a lot of games, especially if you're a bargain shopper like me.

Quixzlizx

MarkMan said:
This is terrible, everyone just drop the subject and focus on pickups?

It is a 'pick up' post after all...

Since we're in the theme of picking up...

Kadey... there, there... Ignore those mean guys... *hugs Kadey*

lol

ok bad joke

Smooth move, Romeo.

Enron

Banned
drakesfortune said:
Ahh okay, so what is your magic number for dollars spent on gaming goods that puts us into the, "look at me I'm rich" category? Maybe you can share your scale for richness measured in Gameboys so that we don't get on your enemies list.

The whole point of this thread is to post the crap you bought. Some of us only post every two or three months, and I for one don't give a shit if that's what people do. Big hairy deal. The main cardinal rule here is to not post stock picks. As long as people follow that, I don't think we should be monitoring how often they post, or that their purchase occurred within the month. If some people lie, well so what? They're going to lie either way if that's their bag.

Capitalism has spread wealth to the masses in ways never before seen in the history of man, and I celebrate it here, because it's saved more people from disease, starvation, poverty, and misery than any just about any other idea. I love capitalism because it works, and has pushed humanity in millions of new and unforseen directions. If you do well, not only do you secure the safety and future of your own family, but you can make the lives of others that much better by donating your wealth, ideas, and time.

When I buy a game, it supports the game maker, the pastic maker, the disk presser, the retailer, UPS corporate, the UPS customer service people, the UPS delivery guy, the maker of UPS trucks, the maker of UPS truck tires, the maker of glass that goes in the trucks, the guy that sells gas to the UPS driver to make his truck move, the engine maker, the janitor at Amazon, and on down the list. When I see someone post a picture of a game they bought, I see the millions of jobs that buying that game makes possible. I celebrate those families who benefit from that money being spent. I celebrate that culture which enriches all of those people while making the purchaser a little bit happier from the joy they get from playing the game. It's the ultimate win win situation. Don't hate it, love it for it is freedom itself. So the more games I see posted, the happier I am, because those are jobs, safety, and security for the millions of people that go into that game going from idea, to product, to the store, to my house, and into my console. That health care, food, happiness, joy, and security for millions, wrapped in cellophane!!!

Okay now, the KGB can go back to policing the wealth of the members of NeoGaf forum. You KGB'ers have to realize that some of us on this board are middle aged adults with good jobs. Spending $100, $200 or more a month on games is a pretty small part of a middle aged persons budget, especially if this is our main hobby. Hell, I know people that spend hundreds a month on playing golf, owning a horse, flying airplanes and buying a sports car. It's really not that strange. Most adults with hobbies spend $1000 to $2000 a year on their hobby. That's a lot of games, especially if you're a bargain shopper like me.

Apparently, you failed to read my next post (or chose to ignore it so you could put on the white knight hat and write that long essay) where I say I don't give a crap, really. Kadey wonders aloud why people don't like her, and I told her that maybe it's got something to do with those posts of hers. I don't really care either way, but I can see why someone might be put off by it and she shouldnt be so shocked that some people react that way.

Anyways, i thought we were moving on from this. Apparently not.

Quixzlizx

drakesfortune said:

When I buy a game, it supports the game maker, the pastic maker, the disk presser, the retailer, UPS corporate, the UPS customer service people, the UPS delivery guy, the maker of UPS trucks, the maker of UPS truck tires, the maker of glass that goes in the trucks, the guy that sells gas to the UPS driver to make his truck move, the engine maker, the janitor at Amazon, and on down the list. When I see someone post a picture of a game they bought, I see the millions of jobs that buying that game makes possible. I celebrate those families who benefit from that money being spent. I celebrate that culture which enriches all of those people while making the purchaser a little bit happier from the joy they get from playing the game. It's the ultimate win win situation. Don't hate it, love it for it is freedom itself. So the more games I see posted, the happier I am, because those are jobs, safety, and security for the millions of people that go into that game going from idea, to product, to the store, to my house, and into my console. That's health care, food, happiness, joy, and security for millions, wrapped in cellophane!!!

Why so serious?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Flock said:
funny thing is, kadey buys a lot of shit. But she has terrible taste.

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

why so much kadey hate, jealousy?

whats poo to you is another mans or in this case womens gold. different tastes ftw.

Sidzed2

I'm not attacking anyone personally, but to my mind this thread seems a little bit tacky and exemplifies everything that's wrong with modern society. How can so many people buy so much shit and then feel good about putting it in a pile and showing it to other people?

And what's with all the people still buying fucking toys, and statues, and nick nacks? The scary thing is I bet you're all over 25.

Bloody scary.

I mean, I know we are all materialistic whores at heart (because this is how most of us have been brought up) but do we have to celebrate it? We should be ashamed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
haunts said:
Why is it so easy for me to see who hasent been laid in a long time in this thread? :lol

CVX. No wai!!! He's the Pinoy pimp. He gets it everywhere!!! The real life master of unlocking......

Amir0x

Banned
Alright guys, let's stop the attacking Kadey posts in here it's getting off topic.

Rich people may spend their money on what they choose and if that's... stuff... then that's what it is. Who are you to tell them what to spend it on? cvxfreak buys every copy of RE in existence, but that makes cvxfreak happy. If you were rich, I bet you'd buy some totally inane piece of crap that all of us think is hilarious. I make a lot of money and many of my friends routinely fuck with me about the stuff I buy.

Even if there was some shopping disorder going on here, it's not the thread for that.

Edit: That goes for attacking anyone for their purchases. This is not the sort of environment we should have in this topic.

panda21

i totally got laid once - remember guys, it can happen

i really didnt get this thread at first but theres something strangely compelling about it. the piles of ps3 games arent that interesting but theres always some cool looking stuff i never saw before... its like last.fm recommendations but for nerds or something...

gameboy micro's and asian gba game boxes especially turn me on for some reason :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
hear hear amir0x

voice of reason

good show.

GAF AND LAID = DOES NOT COMPUTE

But for reals, Dec thread... we need a hidden theme again.

PuMa

Sidzed2 said:
I'm not attacking anyone personally, but to my mind this thread seems a little bit tacky and exemplifies everything that's wrong with modern society. How can so many people buy so much shit and then feel good about putting it in a pile and showing it to other people?

And what's with all the people still buying fucking toys, and statues, and nick nacks? The scary thing is I bet you're all over 25.

Bloody scary.

I mean, I know we are all materialistic whores at heart (because this is how most of us have been brought up) but do we have to celebrate it? We should be ashamed.

Way to be a Debbie Downer. Take your poor attitude and cynical outlook on life to a different thread.

Thumbs up for Kadey.

Shatai

Banned
Sidzed2 said:

Poor baby. Could we at least get a picture of your greasy launch Gameboy Advance and used copy of Bratz?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Sidzed2 said:

Bloody scary.

You'll probably have a bone to pick with this guy then. Got the link from dannychoo.com today, this guy is showing the stuff he bought in one trip to Japan.

loot_01.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
SnowWolf said:
You'll probably have a bone to pick with this guy then. Got the link from dannychoo.com today, this guy is showing the stuff he bought in one trip to Japan.

loot_01.jpg

Oh, he'll love her. http://community.livejournal.com/pkmncollectors/1296167.html

Thanks Ami. Though your words are going to go unanswered since it's human nature to feel a certain way when put in a certain situation. What gets me are the personal attacks. It's very hard to be humble when people say certain things.

Sidzed2

Shatai said:
Poor baby. Could we at least get a picture of your greasy launch Gameboy Advance and used copy of Bratz?

Haha, I get it - I'm a baby!

I dunno, why don't we just start posting photos of our bank balances?

NeoGAF Bank Balance Extravaganza!

Amir0x

Banned
Sidzed2 said:
Haha, I get it - I'm a baby!

I dunno, why don't we just start posting photos of our bank balances?

NeoGAF Bank Balance Extravaganza!

Bank Balance: $12898.22

On a serious note:

Because this is a thread about posting gaming and non-gaming related purchases, and if you're not in favor of this, you can leave the thread now or be banned for continual derailment of the topic.

I hope this is clear.

I want that Pokemon collection. :(

I haven't posted anything in here yet...when I get home tomorrow, I"ll make sure to try to scrounge up everything that I got this month.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'll be getting all my shit in December, hell everyone who ordered from Amazon is :lol

Not to mention the Christmas pictures.

Top Bottom