• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

zmet

Creepshow and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
oc6.jpg

God of War: Chains of Olympus
oc7.jpg

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
oc8.jpg

Loxley

This is September/October (thus far) combined, since I never got around to posting in September's thread.

Ocean Eyes marks the first time in two years I've actually purchased an entire album (outside of a film soundtrack), I thought the whole album was a just a great listen. Which is surprising since I've ever never actually heard of Owl City/Adam Young prior to this.

nny

So...October!

A new Yotsuba&! book always brings a ray of sunlight to my life:

DSC04819.jpg

I also got a limited edition of Fanfarlo's debut album...and yes, it comes with a board game.

DSC04818.jpg

After a loooong wait (almost two years since I placed my order), book 4 of the online comic little gamers finally reached my hands, with a lot of goodies...hot swedish love indeed.

DSC04815.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

GOG + sales = love:

gog-tm.png

...and yesterday I went to the music store; new bridge for the guitar:

DSC04812.jpg

some assorted guitar stuff:

DSC04813.jpg

a MIDI keyboard:

DSC04814.jpg

MMaRsu

Banzaiaap said:
pickups10-09-03.jpg

pickups10-09-02.jpg

pickups10-09-01.jpg

iPhone 3GS - Finally, after one year of my 2g iPhone I'm back on par.
Lost Season One and Two - Halfway through the second season now, still loving it.
The Beatles: Rock Band - One of my favourite games of this year.
Dirt 2 - Also high up my list this year.
The Orange Box - Bought because of Rebel FM's game club. Love Half Life 2 and own it on pc already, had to rebuy this though. :D

Holy shit dude nice photo's. What camera do you use?

Also _O_ on lost. I need to get all seasons on dvd as I've almost finished it. Watching the finale to Season 5 tonight.. for the first time ever woohoo I'm psyched.

hEist

MMaRsu said:
Holy shit dude nice photo's. What camera do you use?

Also _O_ on lost. I need to get all seasons on dvd as I've almost finished it. Watching the finale to Season 5 tonight.. for the first time ever woohoo I'm psyched.

one look @exifs.

Nikon D60

October shirts and LPs. These are all cut up in my blog posting format for anyone wondering why they're immaculately squared :D .

octobershirtscut01.png

octoberLPscut01.png

octoberLPscut02.png

DanDeschain said:
Those are some cool records mang.

Thanks. I just started getting into vinyl recently but yeah records in general are totally sweet. Might as well post the rest of my stuff:

100309_02.png

100309_03.png

100309_04.png

100309_05.png

100309_06.png

100309_07.png

100309_08.png

100309_09.png

MetalGAF, reveal yourselves!

grkazan12

Waiting for the onslaught of games that are about to come, so not too much yet.

Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! : Seasons 1-3

3980491178_eeb9028b5f.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
grkazan12 said:
Waiting for the onslaught of games that are about to come, so not too much yet.

Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! : Seasons 1-3

Great job, :). I have seasons 1 and 2, I still need to get season 3 but I already have all the episodes on my PS3. How are the extras? Did they add commentary this time?

Manp

grap3fruitman said:
The fan on the heatsink was on the wrong way, I don't see how you can tell from the photo. I had to use a strip of toilet paper to check which way the air flow was going. =P

usually you want the fan to push air through the fins so even if you had it sucking air in through the fins, it still would have been better to put it on the other side. btw there should be 2 arrow somewhere on the fan frame telling you which side the fan spin and the direction of the air flow.

And how would the PSU be upside down? The fan being covered up doesn't make any sense to me.
that's why i said "usually". many cases that have the spot for the psu on the bottom have a grill on the bottom with a dust filter. this way you can put the fan on the bottom and have it suck cool air from outside to better cool the psu.

having the psu at the bottom, even if the fan suck air from the inside of the case and push it out, won't help much in getting rid of hot air from the inside since all the sources of heat are in the upper part of the case (cpu, vga) and hot air tend to go up anyway.

:)

grkazan12

Snuggler said:
Great job, :). I have seasons 1 and 2, I still need to get season 3 but I already have all the episodes on my PS3. How are the extras? Did they add commentary this time?

The extras are pretty good in season 3 I mean you have your awesome usuals (ex:deleted scenes,blooper reel,promos), but they also added the extended episode of "Muscles for Bones" which also features Pierre, and others like James Quall this time around, and an extended version of Gettin' It Dunn w/Richard Dunn. I'm not sure about commentary, but IMO it's another great addition to the series DVDs and a must buy if you r a fan.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Snuggler said:

And I'm a dumbass and still haven't bought any of the seasons. Seeing all three lined up nicely like that makes me want to fix my mistakes, and soon.

Here's my metal album cover. It's a Best Buy Pre-Order bonus - exactly like the vinyl in the game's menu. I'm going to go back later this week and cancel the $5 pre-order and get the money back, since I've already got it ordered on amazon.
HNI_0048.jpg

And another surprise from Best Buy - the only copy like this in the store, I couldn't pass it up.
HNI_0047.jpg

And also -
HNI_0050.jpg

And what I actually went there for, a PSP case for my new 2000 and rock band unplugged was used in this itty bitty case. Also been wanting to read walking dead for a while.

HNI_0049.jpg

Anony

lol, 50% off for 40$
so best buy is retailing that for 80$, or is it 20$
hard to imagine, the game JUST came out

dsc00063de.jpg

just bought these

SonOfABeep said:
And another surprise from Best Buy - the only copy like this in the store, I couldn't pass it up.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/SonOfABeep_photos/HNI_0047.jpg[IMG]
And also -
[IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/SonOfABeep_photos/HNI_0050.jpg[IMG]

[/QUOTE]

[B]SonOfABeep[/B]
(Today, 07:01 PM)

Indeed :lol that's damn good

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Not really pick-ups, but perler beads were online at TRU so we picked up quite a few buckets. Mega Man is old, but Koopa Troopa and 'Masked Man' are new.

3981953456_5631556ca3_b.jpg

3981203913_a0b182d7a0_b.jpg

3981988698_18d35ed141_b.jpg

Jal

Do you guys buy a shit ton of stuff on the first few days of the month for this thread. :lol

Or is there some last month rule bending going on?

a lot of my stuff was from months previous, I don't think anyone cares as long as it hasn't been posted before and it's actual photos.

Tadale

bigGIRLSblouse said:
Finally got my PS3 back from my brother (told him to buy his own) so I went on a PS3 exclusive shopping spree. Did I miss anything good?

Metal Gear and Ratchet, definitely. And if you're even remotely interested in arcade racers, the Motorstorm games.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
littleorphanfunk said:
If pioneer woulda a least made a 9 gen 42 inch it wouldn't be a panny there. Not enough room for the krp 500m either :(

If higher res does not matter to you, you could have gotten a 4280. Despite being like close to three years old and 768p, it still has the best overall picture for it's size class. The 8 gen Kuros are still awesome even at this point.

I have an XBR3 in my bedroom and it gets the job done.

jaydogg691

This is my 4th or 5th post on this thread and the month barely started.

Wii GOTY
DSC00434.jpg

Screen Protector for my Go. Hardly noticeable.
DSC00448.jpg

JEKKI

it's stress free sunday! I requested a day off from work tomorrow also!!

120rsed.jpg
16bh8k2.jpg

keep eatin that sushi sendin me straight to heaven~

keep eatin that sushi sendin me straight to heaven~

keep rollin smokin stay chokin...

Beard Papa lovaz~~

gotta learn to smoke Beard Papa!

Im so glad you showed me... krayzie layzie (wish! flesh!...)

ramen really makes me happy~~

hi-cheeeeew~~~

me jus cant let a me, high goo~ooo~~

me smokin upon that, hi-cheeeew~~~

me jus cant let a me, high goo~ooo~~

grap3fruitman said:
2, 7 and 9..?
I'm gonna get up to season 12, maybe 13. The reason I mentioned 1 and 3 first is because they are $15 each at Wal-Mart. If I can find 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, or 12 for $20 first then I'll get those.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
bigGIRLSblouse said:
Finally got my PS3 back from my brother (told him to buy his own) so I went on a PS3 exclusive shopping spree. Did I miss anything good?

pupoct1.jpg

these are all Sony's games :lol , there are 3rd party exclusives on PS3 too ya know .

anyway , you bought the wrong Resistance , RE2 is shit burn it or something, and you missed from very good Sony's IP Folklore , Ratchet Future , GT5p and Motorstorm .

witness

Totobeni said:
anyway , you bought the wrong Resistance , RE2 is shit burn it or something,

Resistance 2's co op is AMAZING and incredibly addicting, the best co op in a FPS on consoles period.

osknoes

LRB1983 said:
2 more pair of real Triggers (I already had one but no more second controller shitty excuse XD)
DzYE7.jpg

I don't know If I posted this:

Where did you buy this. I'm having a really hard time to find it in stores ( Montreal ).
Did you buy them online ?

jaydogg691

Totobeni said:
these are all Sony's games :lol , there are 3rd party exclusives on PS3 too ya know .

anyway , you bought the wrong Resistance , RE2 is shit burn it or something, and you missed from very good Sony's IP Folklore , Ratchet Future , GT5p and Motorstorm .
Other than the lackluster Single-Player, R2 is one of the best FPS on PS3 gameplay wise. Multiplayer is where this game shines and has the best mutliplayer structure of any PS3 game. I just wished Insomniac released more Co-op maps.

Top Bottom