• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

Yea. I saw Carlos Santana, who I let go to FA, went down for 4 months.

My LF who I promotes last year but not in time to make the playoff roster is having a good start. CF is great as well, and RF is currently getting tested out. Both the veteran Moss and the slightly younger Moncrief are having poor starts. If another week of shit baseball happens, I guess I get to work out 1 of the 4 outfielders I had tried in spring training.

Most concerning for me is that Lindor has started really poorly.

Rommel

Yea. I saw Carlos Santana, who I let go to FA, went down for 4 months.

My LF who I promotes last year but not in time to make the playoff roster is having a good start. CF is great as well, and RF is currently getting tested out. Both the veteran Moss and the slightly younger Moncrief are having poor starts. If another week of shit baseball happens, I guess I get to work out 1 of the 4 outfielders I had tried in spring training.

Most concerning for me is that Lindor has started really poorly.

I'm praying the string holding Brantley together holds

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Posey again off to a slow start. Upton being out for 5 months isn't going to help either.

May have to put Posey on the block after a couple seasons of subpar production (given his rating and contract anyway).

Rommel

Did the next sim get posted? I downloaded and I was still on the 21st. Same thing happened yesterday and I had to delete the league and reload.

brentech

Sim available: 4/21 - 4/28
----------

Indians 3-4 during the sim, but the positive outlook is the pitching managed to only give up 5 points in their worst game. My 21yo rookie had his first game (I still had 4 man rotation on from playoffs, woops) and played decent enough giving up 3 runs over 6.1 innings.
Downside, that means the offense is still struggling.

Lindor is slowly picking up his average while Gomes continues to struggle at the plate. Will continue to adjust my lineups in hopes to group the hitting up. Need to generate more runs.

My Highly Touted Rookie 2B is starting to hit a little. That's cool. Adames is hitting more HRs than Springer. That's also cool.

I still don't know how it's going to go. I still have hope. It's early.

Aiello with a 185 OPS+ in AAA and yet I can't figure out where I'd play him if I brought him up. I guess I could demote Vogelbach since he's just a DH and move Miller to DH and play Aiello at SS? Brad Miller decided that he wanted to start hitting again this season, not that I'm complaining, and Ketel Marte has decided that he's going to take full advantage of Cano's injury by turning into an offensive force.

I guess its a nice problem to finally have too many players actually hitting. Except for my Catchers, none of them want to hit.

Well and my first baseman and Austin Wilson, but Wilson will get replaced by Austin Jackson soon.

Atlanta's offense is over 100 points of OPS below the next worst team. Holy shit. Shelby Miller looks like he's been unlucky in terms of dingers and also the Atlanta defense is killing him, his BABIP is over .300, ouch.

brentech

Aiello with a 185 OPS+ in AAA and yet I can't figure out where I'd play him if I brought him up. I guess I could demote Vogelbach since he's just a DH and move Miller to DH and play Aiello at SS? Brad Miller decided that he wanted to start hitting again this season, not that I'm complaining, and Ketel Marte has decided that he's going to take full advantage of Cano's injury by turning into an offensive force.

I guess its a nice problem to finally have too many players actually hitting. Except for my Catchers, none of them want to hit.

Well and my first baseman and Austin Wilson, but Wilson will get replaced by Austin Jackson soon.

All our previous seasons my team has started hot and fell off late. Really hoping this year is the opposite, because so far I haven't had a sim better than .500. That's my real goal, be over .500 each sim and good things generally happen.

All our previous seasons my team has started hot and fell off late. Really hoping this year is the opposite, because so far I haven't had a sim better than .500. That's my real goal, be over .500 each sim and good things generally happen.

Yeah every other season my team has been awful in April, good in the mid summer and then falls off in August/September. My offense is probably top 3 in the AL right now but it seems to be largely BABIP driven, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Jose starting 0-4
GG

Much like Shelby Miller he's losing because your offense and defense are not good. He's striking out 11 per 9 but his BABIP is over .324 and he hasn't given up any homers this season. He's given up 4, 2, 1, and 3 runs in his 4 starts and your team has scored 3 runs in those 4 starts.

You have 6 guys who have been around league average or better hitters, and two of them play the same position (first base). And one of those guys has only been a pinch hitter.

Had a better sim. Offense has been pretty good. Josh Hart has been sensational. He's got to be the favorite for Rookie of the Year, though it's way too early. Ryan Kellogg made his debut this sim and pitched okay. Dylan Bundy is coming around. If my starting pitching improves, I'm set. I think Kellogg will get a couple more turns in the rotation, sort of a try out. He had a ton of strike outs, so he might stay up as a reliever when Jaime Garcia gets off the DL. I've got Gausman and Hunter Harvey coming off the DL in August, so I'm hoping I can put together a decent rotation until then. Should give me the opportunity to move a starter at the trade deadline.

Palma's off the DL and starting in RF. I really could use an upgrade in LF/RF.

eznark

Banned
Do we have an updated roster of who is who? Looking to move Segura. Losing Tyrone Taylor hurts so bad! Looking for CF prospects/young pros

Do we have an updated roster of who is who? Looking to move Segura. Losing Tyrone Taylor hurts so bad! Looking for CF prospects/young pros

Sorry ez. Someone was going to take him while he was unprotected.

...Buxton for Braun as compensation? :p I is a real good GM.

You have 6 guys who have been around league average or better hitters, and two of them play the same position (first base). And one of those guys has only been a pinch hitter.

Yeah I have no idea what to do with my clusterfuck of mediocre lefty first basemen :(

man I turned off some autoplay settings but the AI keeps changing it back or maybe I'm messing something up

stupid minor leagues keep moving around in a way I don't want them to

.500 sim. Progress I guess. Palma lasted one game before going back on the DL. He had a great spring, but he's running out of chances. Called up Drew Dosch to take his roster spot. He'll DH to get another quality bat in the line-up.

Looking for a corner OF if anyone is dealing. Not looking for a huge deal, but a league average OF would be nice. I'm the Orioles FYI.

.500 sim. Progress I guess. Palma lasted one game before going back on the DL. He had a great spring, but he's running out of chances. Called up Drew Dosch to take his roster spot. He'll DH to get another quality bat in the line-up.

Looking for a corner OF if anyone is dealing. Not looking for a huge deal, but a league average OF would be nice. I'm the Orioles FYI.

Josh Reddick for a A level mid-tier prospect?

Rommel

So long rule 5 draftees, you couldn't continue the streak

My scout pretty much hates this entire draft class. He has 4 players total with 70 potential or higher.

I own a half game division lead after a 1-loss sim. Feeling good! Starters finally starting to pitch. Amusingly, it's the two acquisitions, Gonzalez and De La Rosa, that have been doing the worst.

Another .500 sim. Kellogg is getting sent to AAA. 4 starts and no quality starts. As bad as it's been, if I had an ace at the top of my rotation I think I'd be in contention. Not possible, but maybe I'll be able to make a few moves.

brentech

Yeah, I've had to do a lot of movement with pitching. Took a starter out of the majors and had to replace two relievers that were just getting mauled and costing me numerous games.
Trying a few different things with my hitters. It seems my backup catcher has had quality at bats and so I've thrown him into the DH spot. Lindor has come alive and now leads the team in HR and RBI after a really putrid first 2 weeks. I really need Gomes to start hitting again though.
I was like 2-4 that sim. Still very early in the season, but at some point I need to at least make up ground with .500 if I want to sniff the playoffs.

Ah yes...the 3B Carter Kieboom I took in the draft has been destroying both single A leagues I put him in!

Too bad my normally stout bullpen fucking sucked this update.

Leaning towards blowing everything up, and I mean everything. A lot of guys in the majors that used to contribute and are just kind of meh and a lot of my minor league players doing great down there. The time for fresh faces truly draws near.

Top Bottom