• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Shiv47

Okay, now that I'm home I got everything set up and uploaded a file, after offering some minor league staffing jobs to some nobodies. One of my owner goals is to sign Cliff Lee to an extension. A 36 year old with a blown out elbow. Sure, boss!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Okay, now that I'm home I got everything set up and uploaded a file, after offering some minor league staffing jobs to some nobodies. One of my owner goals is to sign Cliff Lee to an extension. A 36 year old with a blown out elbow. Sure, boss!

Can you offer a one year contract that's also a team option year? lol

Rommel

Couldn't get enough of that Ryan Howard feel I see

Shiv47

Can you offer a one year contract that's also a team option year? lol

I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and get pissed off emails from the owner when I lowball Cliff and let him walk. Or offer him a minor league deal or something similarly aggravating to make him want to leave. I will try to find him a SS like he wants though.

Couldn't get enough of that Ryan Howard feel I see

The owner is an old dude. Maybe he's going senile?

Rommel

I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and get pissed off emails from the owner when I lowball Cliff and let him walk. Or offer him a minor league deal or something similarly aggravating to make him want to leave. I will try to find him a SS like he wants though.

Cliff Pennington is obviously the SS he wants. Bag of baseball and he's yours! Make your owner happy!

I have nothing much to change but going to figure out why loria wants me to extend ichiro yet won't give me money to do it

eznark

Banned
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Everyone is set to "cannot be fired" so you probably don't have to cater to their every whim. Plus, owners die!

I do kind of want to set Rommel to "can be fired" just to see how long it takes.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Everyone is set to "cannot be fired" so you probably don't have to cater to their every whim. Plus, owners die!

I do kind of want to set Rommel to "can be fired" just to see how long it takes.

I think that if there were enough Dbacks fans who cared, they already would have tarred and feathered the guy after the Goldy debacle.

eznark

Banned
I'm super fascinated to see what he plans to do with all the money he is freeing up. Like, dumping Goldy'd contract, but then paying a 16 year old three times what PG was going to make this year is so unbelievable. There is like a 0% chance Vlad Jr. will produce like Goldschmidt, and even if the kid did get good, he had til 2020 to figure it out cheaply!

Rommel

:p

I do have a plan. How successful it will be as yet to be determined.

Looking to trade for a left fielder, maybe a shortstop as well.

How would you like the AL 2014 leader in home runs!

lol...

Yah it's interesting to see the differences. My scout calls him a generational talent. I haven't played with the intl market at all before in ootp. Last version I played a lot didn't have it. Expensive lesson :)

God the scouting stuff in this game can be the stuff of nightmares. One year a guy is a 5 star can't miss talent, the next he's never getting past A ball. I wish it was a little easier to understand player development. I try to hire specific coach types at my low minors levels as well just to see if it helps.

Graveman, you done good kid... you done real good.

zEjdzpP.jpg

Hell yeah. Smart move by a smart organization.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hmmm...I have my backup C setup to start every 5th day and Posey in Utility 2 to start at 1st every 5th day, with a different infielder as primary backup if Belt is tired. But in my 5th game Posey didn't get the start at 1B. Does that arrangement only work if Posey is in the Utility 1 backup spot?

ryseing

Grr I hate how long the league update file takes. Really need to start doing it on my uni connection.

Still in the market for a LF y'all. I have a couple of untouchables but almost anyone is up for grabs.

Braves 4-0! Carlos Quentin with 2 hrs and 6 rbi maybe I should rethink trading him.

Speaking of which...

Top Bottom