• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

eznark

Banned
Fuck I'll try the trade again tomorrow.

Brewers only team with zero injuries. Good to be the King!

edit: WTF three complete game shutouts in a row....... edit: oh, guess not

Fuck I'll try the trade again tomorrow.
Can the trade not get input and confirmed as the commissioner and then a new file gets uploaded without a sim? Seems a little rough to have to go another week vs divisional teams without being able to use the players traded for.

eznark

Banned
^No

Deal has been made. I got a message in my inbox and everything. Should be good to go with tomorrow nights file.

Apologies for the one week delay.

Shiv47

I loaded OOTP, and tried to download the latest league file. It crashed about halfway through. Now I can't load the GOBL league file at all, and just trying to start the game crashes it. Any suggestions?

Can I suggest that the Export Reader be added to the original post? Or is there an easy way to get to it from the main league page?

eznark

Banned
Well, nice benefit for you and the Reds I guess.

Gets Paul Goldschmidt for free, still weeps....

cBj1LTf.png

brentech

Alright. I got the league's main site going. If any other major links are needed on the top menu, let me know. I think that's that.
Not 100% sure if that's the type of news I'll post, but I needed to throw something in there to start.

http://gobl.obleague.com/

Add to OP

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I loaded OOTP, and tried to download the latest league file. It crashed about halfway through. Now I can't load the GOBL league file at all, and just trying to start the game crashes it. Any suggestions?

Delete the save files and retry the first-time setup steps again?

eznark

Banned
Shiv

Just delete everything. (Game included) and start over. I had to do it on one of my machines.

Alright. I got the league's main site going. If any other major links are needed on the top menu, let me know. I think that's that.
Not 100% sure if that's the type of news I'll post, but I needed to throw something in there to start.

Add to OP

SO GOOD

brentech

Thanks.

Already used quite a bit of transfer data with all the testing and stuff. OOTP Leagues don't play around.
Code:
Monthly Transfer	5.01 GB / ∞ MB
But I think I have everything all figured out at this point. Have a few people from the OOTP forums I might be selling hosting to for it.

eznark

Banned
Kicking around the idea of an extremely short podcast. Is it possible to just record mumble conversations? Brent and I are cybersexing every night anyway, may as well record the OOTP bits.

Bizazedo

Got this for my Dad. I got him 15 as well and he loved it, so surprised him on the Steam account with the notification he had this as a gift waiting for him when he logged in to play 15 again (he has no idea how the Steam acct I gave him works etc, but it's easier for me to get him this and war games).

16 takes like 5 minutes to load when he starts it / seems slower whereas 15 ran and still does run fine. I'm wondering if it's his crap PC.

Beckx

Got this for my Dad. I got him 15 as well and he loved it, so surprised him on the Steam account with the notification he had this as a gift waiting for him when he logged in to play 15 again (he has no idea how the Steam acct I gave him works etc, but it's easier for me to get him this and war games).

16 takes like 5 minutes to load when he starts it / seems slower whereas 15 ran and still does run fine. I'm wondering if it's his crap PC.

16 has been a bit slower for me than 15, but not too much.

eznark

Banned
Milwaukee sends:

Kyle Lohse

Houston sends:

Chris Carter
Colin Moran

Side note, I love what acheron is doing. Try and win brother! I actually like that deal for Arizona as well. Trumbo is in a contract year and Domingo Santana is a stud.

I'm just dumping Lohse on his last year for a 1B platoon partner and my scout loves Moran. Boring deal.

Moving Santana was hard. My scout is so-so on Moran.

If all else fails, I'm getting a bunch of expiring money, and can go after FA's next year.

Well done on the site... and the podcast sounds really interesting. Man, good stuff.

Anybody want Ike Davis and a Reliever? Could use some OF depth.

Add to OP

Fantastic. Appreciate all the work you guys are putting in. I'll try to show my appreciation by losing less than 110 for my Twins this year. ;) If I don't pull it off, I still appreciate you guys efforts. :)

Gonna start the upload at 5.

How long after the upload is the new league file ready to download. I may have missed this info earlier. Is there a way to tell if I'm downloading an old file or a new one from within OOTP? (Or elsewhere?)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How long after the upload is the new league file ready to download. I may have missed this info earlier. Is there a way to tell if I'm downloading an old file or a new one from within OOTP? (Or elsewhere?)

Just check the Export Reader page on the league site, the date/time stamp up top will tell you when a new file is up. Looks like the new one went up about 8 minutes ago.

Rommel

It's weird. I'm seeing the trades in the transactions but it doesn't seem like the trades actually went through.

It's weird. I'm seeing the trades in the transactions but it doesn't seem like the trades actually went through.

Go to your team's Rosters and Transactions menu and see if they are in the Designated for Assignment box.

Yeah that's right. They'll be there or on one of the minor league rosters.

Carter is on the Brewers. Lohse is on the wire.!? It doesn't look like the Trumbo trade went through at all.

It says I traded for him then immediately released him. This a 40-man thing?

brentech

Both of those trades are listed as transactions that have gone through. But yea, I see that the players haven't moved yet. Not sure what's going on.
All 3 deals are listed as complete game date 4/11/15.

There has to be something holding it up.

Top Bottom