• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

how the hell does the accounting get even worse when I move 27 million off the books. Makes no sense

How'd you accomplish that, because I'm not seeing anything in the listed transactions. Not saying it didn't happen, but I just can't find it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Well sounds like something is wrong with trades? Not sure how budget is impacting these?

But just agreed to this deal so I hope its okay.

Tampa Bay trades:
Jake Odorizzi

Oakland trades:
Ike Davis

Rommel

My messages is showing Wong bouncing off me

tkuszgZ.png

eznark

Banned
I'll fix it tonight and try to upload the files without advancing. Worst case we will advance one day.

Check your designated for assignment list though, all the guys should be there?

Rommel

No one is there. It actually still shows Goldsmichdt/Trumbo/etc on my roster/lineup even though I no longer see their salaries. Weird

The Oakland-Tampa trade was agreed to on conference call from an Applebee's Happy Hour. The Oakland GM got water and chips and salsa because it's all you can eat and A's ownership won't pay the expense report.

The A's want to thank Ike Davis for his 10 games of service and wish him the best in Tampa Bay.

We're sending him over on the next Greyhound from Alameda.

eznark

Banned
They were traded, sat in DFA, and then cleared waivers. Ugh. So when I make the trade I also have to assign guys to their respective teams. Which means when you make a trade if it is going to put you over the 25 man you need to tell me who you want to remove from the active roster.

I'll have to adjust salaries back to what they were as well. Dope!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Also related if anyone wants James Loney I will trade him for just about anything. Need to dump some salary. Literally anything for him (other than a worse contract)

Balfour and Asdrubal Cabrera also available but will want something of value.

edit - you can put tim beckham in AAA to get this deal done if you have to eznark.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
They were traded, sat in DFA, and then cleared waivers. Ugh. So when I make the trade I also have to assign guys to their respective teams.

Is that because of how long we sim for between updates? Would this be an issue in the future for other areas? i.e. waiver pickups later in the season post-trade deadline, etc.

On a related note, Pence is about to be available to start his rehab assignment in like a day or two in-game, but because of our sim intervals does that mean I would essentially have him wait around a week before he could get started on that? I mainly ask because I now have 2 other outfielders injured on the 15-day DL and would really like to get Pence started on his rehab ASAP.

Is that because of how long we sim for between updates? Would this be an issue in the future for other areas? i.e. waiver pickups later in the season post-trade deadline, etc.

On a related note, Pence is about to be available to start his rehab assignment in like a day or two in-game, but because of our sim intervals does that mean I would essentially have him wait around a week before he could get started on that? I mainly ask because I now have 2 other outfielders injured on the 15-day DL and would really like to get Pence started on his rehab ASAP.

I think you can assign your assistant GM to manage day to day things like that during the Sim.

XiaNaphryz

Yep...

Manager Screen -> Control & Auto-Play Settings tab

You can basically set everything to be managed by your assistant GM if you want.

Yeah, I know where the settings are. I want to control whatever I can, but given our sim intervals also want the AI to adjust for DL moves. Setting "Active Roster Moves (Demotions, Promotions, DL etc.)" to the Asst GM automatically sets "Minor League Free Agent Signings & Releases" and "Minor League Promotions & Demotions" to AI control as well.

Hmmm...I may have to just use the setting when I really do need something to react actively to day-to-day developments, then set it back when things seems more solid.

Shiv47

Decided that since it was a case of eating shit one way or the other, I decided on the shit-eating in absentia option and released Ryan Howard. Not like we're gonna get worse, right? $58 mil down the toilet in one click.

eznark

Banned
Alright, all contracts fixed and players moved to correct teams. Going to try uploading the files without advancing any days.

XiaNaphryz

Alright, all contracts fixed and players moved to correct teams. Going to try uploading the files without advancing any days.

Do we all need to redownload and redo our changes? Or if we've already uploaded, just stand pat?

So I gotta redo all my changes? Or do I just export, download, import, upload?

I had a bunch of custom lineups for the next week because of injury stuff.

brentech

So I gotta redo all my changes? Or do I just export, download, import, upload?

I had a bunch of custom lineups for the next week because of injury stuff.

If you already exported those changes AND you have nothing left to do, you shouldn't do anything. In this particular case the export reader will show as being wrong, but it doesn't matter

You only need to do something if you re-downloaded the league file after it was re-created. It has no pertinent changes to you, so you shouldn't do that, but if you did, you could just import the changes you made.

eznark

Banned
One significantly unfortunate side effect of the trade fuck up is that you can't do arb-eligible years after the fact. As such, a few players (Matt Adams, Kolten Wong and Chris Carter) have been given guaranteed deals at the pre-supposed first year arb amount.

This is a benefit for the Brewers and the Diamondbacks if those players perform well, bad for them if they perform poorly. It's probably negligible for the first two seasons and not a big deal until 2018. Generally arb numbers increase gradually, and it's unlikely any of those three will put up monster years. For Carter, who is going to be a platoon guy, it's probably a negative.

But, those three contracts may be adjusted upwards starting in 2018 depending on the market and player performance. What we will do for those contracts is form our own Arbitration Panel of three. If it does become necessary we'll make it Brent/me and then two of our most active owners.

End of the day, we're talking about like $1.5m per year either way for these guys unless they end up being like 4+ WAR guys, and only Wong is really capable of that given his defensive ratings. So it's not a huge issue, but I did want to make everyone aware of it.

If you already exported those changes AND you have nothing left to do, you shouldn't do anything. In this particular case the export reader will show as being wrong, but it doesn't matter

You only need to do something if you re-downloaded the league file after it was re-created. It has no pertinent changes to you, so you shouldn't do that, but if you did, you could just import the changes you made.

Ah okay cool.

That's really going to cut into your doing nothing else time!

True enough, I don't know why I even complain. #Firstworldproblems.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Someone out there has to have interest in James Loney and his shitty contract. Will take on your roughly similar shitty contract for him. Who doesn't need a 1B who can't hit a ball out of a stadium?

eznark

Banned
Changed waiver period to 8 days, should solve our problems.

Rommel, you're going to have no ticket sales!

CARDINALS
TWINS
RAYS

You guys only have 24 men on the active roster. Just an FYI.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Changed waiver period to 8 days, should solve our problems.

Rommel, you're going to have no ticket sales!

CARDINALS
TWINS
RAYS

You guys only have 24 men on the active roster. Just an FYI.

Oh whoops. Don't you need me to go down to 24 so we can get in the Odorizzi/Ike Davis deal or were you just going to demote Tim Beckham or whatever for me?

Top Bottom