• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
1/2 game out of first! Watch out Dodgers. Tied with Philly for the wild card... I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

The entire NL West is pretty close. Even SF in last place is just 1.5 GB. Which is surprising considering all the injuries I've already had to deal with.

eznark

Banned
Yeah I downloaded the latest league file

I have no clue what happened with this one.

Oakland, call him up. His contract is correct.

dark, sorry man, I'll assign Ike Davis to you. No fucking clue why this happened this time. I thought for sure this trade was nailed.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Actually, looks like I'm 4.5 GB, the league website standings aren't updated yet. Whoops, lol. At least my injured guys are back on rehab assignments.

brentech

Actually, looks like I'm 4.5 GB, the league website standings aren't updated yet. Whoops, lol. At least my injured guys are back on rehab assignments.
Website doesn't auto unpack the league reports until 2am
I'm probably going to move that up since we seem to be staying ahead of 630pm

Can't decide on what time.

Ferny

Yeaaaaaah boy

KNWgp64.png

Nightz

Do players ever change their minds mid-season about not wanting to sign an extension?

Guess my question just got answered. When I first tried to offer Josh Johnson an extension, he said he wanted to test free agency. Now I got an e-mail from him saying he loves the team and wants to sign an extension. Welp, too bad Josh, we got no money for extensions.

brentech

Guess my question just got answered. When I first tried to offer Josh Johnson an extension, he said he wanted to test free agency. Now I got an e-mail from him saying he loves the team and wants to sign an extension. Welp, too bad Josh, we got no money for extensions.

In my solo test league, I made a big trade that was 2 for 3, the main player I traded for, I extended for 2 years, then he decided to retire 2 weeks before the season started at age 29.
He was a placeholder starter, but luckily the other guys were good prospects.

For anyone looking for your future SS, I'm making Jorge Polanco available. (Twins)

I'm looking for pitching/pitching prospects and for a potential partner to take Ricky Nolasco back in return.

eznark

Banned
I think I've figured out how to do arb years so I'll go back and edit those contracts in this update. Ike Davis to the resuce

eznark

Banned
Gonna be later. Uploading will be going up soon, trying to beat that 10 o'clock! Night was too nice, had to eat outside which threw off the whole routine.

Sanjuro

Gonna be later. Uploading will be going up soon, trying to beat that 10 o'clock! Night was too nice, had to eat outside which threw off the whole routine.

That's why heading to the ballpark was boss this week. First day where it kept trying to tap up to 70. Might head tomorrow for actual 70+.

Time to start grilling.

How do we handle the amateur draft? Do we have to rank all the prospects or something like that? Is there a way to set priorities/philosophy? Or do we just get what we get?

Things that didn't make it into the Podcast:

Zach Greinke's .34 ERA, 6 CG, 3 SO 60 K 5 BB start to the season

Juan Lagares is the single worst player in the league so far (among qualified players). He has 93 PA with an OPS+ of 4. That's just criminal.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Yeah, Greinke is on fire so far this season.

I'm also ready to deal for an established starter, like a Johnny Cueto, using multiple minor leaguers NOT named Urias or Seager. And I'll also be glad to pay Andre Ethier to play left field for you to boot!

Ferny

I'm working to get the RSS feed for it so that you can subscribe in iTunes or other Podcast apps. I'll keep you guys updated.

Rommel

That was really cool, I'll have to hop on for the next one.

Lots of love for me this go around I see lol

KaYotiX

Banned
Podcast was good, one tip though would be to introduce the ppl on it in the beginning.other than that it was a great listen guys.

Top Bottom