• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Yea great podcast, even though someone called me dumb lol just hate Flores so I signed Cerce to play SS. Don't want rush the young guys just yet.

brentech

Podcast was good, one tip though would be to introduce the ppl on it in the beginning.other than that it was a great listen guys.
I think the sorry behind that blurp is that eznark thought it would be a ten minute thing and wasn't sure how much the others would talk if at all.

I'm sure more will be done as we learn more. As more want to get involved, just want to make sure people don't talk over each other.

I think the sorry behind that blurp is that eznark thought it would be a ten minute thing and wasn't sure how much the others would talk if at all.

I'm sure more will be done as we learn more. As more want to get involved, just want to make sure people don't talk over each other.
Maybe this is too early and much but perhaps a main moderator/QB of the show (EZ) and then have planned segments. Either way I liked it a lot no complaints just some thoughts to make it easier

eznark

Banned
Maybe this is too early and much but perhaps a main moderator/QB of the show (EZ) and then have planned segments. Either way I liked it a lot no complaints just some thoughts to make it easier

We will see how many people actually show up. I would like to do a sort of best practices segment every once in awhile to make it worth listening to for new people in the league.

Also, I'm not worried about longevity. If someone drops its dead simple to replace them and so far we've never had an upload missing more than five team files, which is great.

Hey Houston... Evan Gattis needs to be an Oakland A.

Whaddya need.

"That was the dumbest shit I've ever seen a GM do"

Made me shoot beer through my nose on that one hahahahaha

Odorizzi needed to go down and build some confidence in Nashville. Yeah, that's it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My headset's busted, plus I'm still recovering from a cold...I'd be more than happy to jump in when I get both issues taken care of.

I think structure is something that'll come with a bit of consistency. Eznark basically gave us his notes and we just started recording and talking. One thing I liked and I think we all agreed we should do every week is the Q&A segment. AT had a lot of good questions about the game that I'm betting were helpful to some of our newer players, so hey if you have game questions definitely ask!

We aren't gonna have mega deal trades to talk about every week as well, so maybe we can work on a couple of segments, but the off the cuff nature of it was fun.

eznark

Banned
Holy shit Colorado has to be happy. Dickerson signs a monster contract and goes out the next week and hits .481 with 4 bombs and 10 ribbies. Sheesus.

Miggy out another 5 weeks :(

XiaNaphryz

I think my team's finally starting to turn things around. 1st in starters ERA, 4th in runs against, 5th in OBP.

Still 7 games back and 3 off the pythag. 2-6 in extra inning games and 5-8 in 1 run games, sounds like odd year Giants. ;P

brentech

So I just finished my 3rd season in my test league since this is the first time I've had the game......and after the 2017 season I just got a message that "AL Gets Rid of Designated Hitters"

whoa.

So I just finished my 3rd season in my test league since this is the first time I've had the game......and after the 2017 season I just got a message that "AL Gets Rid of Designated Hitters"

whoa.

whoa wtf

I wonder if that's something that happens in all

eznark

Banned

whoa.

I turned off the automatic evolution stuff.

Beckx

That feeling when you get swept by the Phillies

oh hey at least some of the pitching propects in the draft have already gotten TJ out of the way, my scout HATES all the pitchers tho

Rommel

That feeling when you get swept by the Phillies

oh hey at least some of the pitching propects in the draft have already gotten TJ out of the way, my scout HATES all the pitchers tho

My scout is the same. Hates every pitcher lol

Shiv47

So is it worth drafting guys when their signability for your team is rated as "extremely hard"? Or will they just want more $$?

Rommel

For those who really want to trust their scout or at least have him help you get started you can go to the Draft List page and under available actions ask the scouting director for a given round or the whole draft.

XiaNaphryz

Hey Ez, what are the Scout settings for the league again in terms of accuracy? I'm already finding a bunch of players ranked 5* by OSA but my scout has them much lower, as well as vice-versa. He's rated as Outstanding for Amateurs (I think only Legendary is higher ranked), Highly Favors Tools.

brentech

Hey Ez, what are the Scout settings for the league again in terms of accuracy? I'm already finding a bunch of players ranked 5* by OSA but my scout has them much lower, as well as vice-versa. He's rated as Outstanding for Amateurs (I think only Legendary is higher ranked), Highly Favors Tools.

OSA is basically crowd sourced scouting - non nuanced scouting service.. It's generally never as accurate as your scout, unless your scout is terrible.

an unbiased scouting agency known as the OOTP Scouting Association (OSA). OSA scouts players on a regular basis, and can provide a second data point for you in analyzing scouting reports. Even if you fire your scouting director, OSA can still provide you with some data on players. Unfortunately, OSA is woefully understaffed, and as a result, OSA only updates player scouting reports annually. OSA scouts are also woefully underpaid, and as a result, they are rarely as accurate as your own staff. As with all scouting, the younger the player is, the less likely OSA scouting reports are to be accurate. Most scouting directors who are available for hire will provide better information than the OSA scouts do. The bottom line is that you should use your own scouting department's information as a primary source of data.

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/index.php?man=ootp16&page=important_game_concepts
I highly recommend people giving the OOTP Manual a look if they have a question regarding certain player stats or how something works.
They do a good job of telling you exactly what certain stats do and general league functionality.

XiaNaphryz

OSA is basically crowd sourced scouting - non nuanced scouting service.. It's generally never as accurate as your scout, unless your scout is terrible.

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/index.php?man=ootp16&page=important_game_concepts
I highly recommend people giving the OOTP Manual a look if they have a question regarding certain player stats or how something works.
They do a good job of telling you exactly what certain stats do and general league functionality.

Yeah, I know what the OSA is supposed to represent and that OSA provides a common baseline for when teams talk to each other as their own scouts can provide completely different ratings, but I also know there are settings you can adjust on how accurate your scouts are, to the point that all player scouts are always accurate. That setting was what I was curious about, and I'm guessing only the commish can take a look at it...I can't load up the game right now to check if its visible myself.

XiaNaphryz

We wouldn't change that setting.
It is set on 'normal'.

Great, thanks for that. Just wanted to know if there was any additional adjustment to consider in rating differences is all...i probably could have phrased the question better.

For those who really want to trust their scout or at least have him help you get started you can go to the Draft List page and under available actions ask the scouting director for a given round or the whole draft.
Does anyone else's game crash when they do this? Tried to do it just for a round and for the whole draft and my game shuts down after I do it :/

BigAT

gMZY41Y.jpg

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Am I just missing something, or is there really no way to discuss trade parameters within the game engine itself, when playing a league of this type?

brentech

something messed up on the export reader. ignore it for now, I will fix later.
Was trying to update some things and apparently I broke my code.

edit: nvm, it's not broken from what it was. It just doesn't do a good job comparing within the hour for some reason. I'll have to look at that.

Sanjuro

I can't get the scout to do the draft without crashing either.

I think all I could get him to do was the 14th round, or something like that. Everything else crashed.

BigAT

Brutal sim for me. Lost every game of the sim (!) making for a 7-game losing streak out of nowhere. Offense put up a total of 4 runs over the 5 games in the week.

And I finally got bit by the injury bug. Jay Bruce, who was leading the MLB in RBIs, out for 5 weeks.

Shiv47

Brutal sim for me. Lost every game of the sim (!) making for a 7-game losing streak out of nowhere. Offense put up a total of 4 runs over the 5 games in the week.

And I finally got bit by the injury bug. Jay Bruce, who was leading the MLB in RBIs, out for 5 weeks.

Yeah, the Phillies lost all seven as well, including a 19-2 shitfest. I expected the bottom to fall out of the good run we were on, but not quite that abruptly.

Top Bottom