• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Rommel

I'm in no rush to make any more moves. But always willing to listen to offers.

Players that I'm willing to listen to offers on:

Yasmany Tomas
Ender Incairte
Chase Anderson
David Peralta
Lorenzo Quintana

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
With all the injuries I have, there's not a lot of pieces I can move on my major league roster unless someone wants to rent Lincecum for the rest of the year. I may be willing to part with a reliever arm as well.

Otherwise, if anyone sees a particular minor leaguer in my system they'd be interested in, we may be able to work something out - I can use major league ready outfield help given Pence's injury status.

brentech

XiaNaphryz

I better get on it today then. Still trying to get comfortable in all of the menus.

Be sure to adjust your Team Control Settings if you want to make changes to depth charts/lineups/rotation/bullpen and not have your manager go back and override them.

I'm in no rush to make any more moves. But always willing to listen to offers.

Players that I'm willing to listen to offers on:

Yasmany Tomas
Ender Incairte
Chase Anderson
David Peralta
Lorenzo Quintana

I'm interested in Incairte. Is there something specific you want or just cash?

Or Texas, come at me with an offer for Delino DeShields Junior. Or basically anyone with a young, cost controlled CFer they want to move, especially if you need a second baseman or short stop!

eznark

Banned
Shit Brent, you set up Duff wrong, he should only be GM, not GM and Manager.

Duff, let me know when you upload your file (by 3:30 est please) so I can import your changes then appoint Scioscia back as your manager.

Beckx

Be sure to adjust your Team Control Settings if you want to make changes to depth charts/lineups/rotation/bullpen and not have your manager go back and override them.

Assuming his manager allows that. CPU Hurdle doesn't let anyone fuck with his lineups or rotation.

I am this close to firing CPU Hurdle and doing this shit myself.

Make sure you "export team via ftp" for any changes you make to show up.

You can see if you have exported using the export reader. (Because I had to add you after the original daily file went up, some people that did export yesterday will show up as not having done so).

http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/leagues/export_reader.php

Awesome thank you both! I'm reading to not run the Angels into the ground (I hope)!

Shit Brent, you set up Duff wrong, he should only be GM, not GM and Manager.

Duff, let me know when you upload your file (by 3:30 est please) so I can import your changes then appoint Scioscia back as your manager.

I'll upload now. I haven't really made changes but I don't think thats a problem right? I can also upload multiple times through out the day if I want to as well right?

edit: Exported. My managers email said I was hired as GM and Manager fyi.

Awesome. Figured so. Wouldn't make a ton of sense otherwise lol.
Yeah, often I'll d/l the latest update and take a quick look over my team and make any necessary changes immediately (injured/DL guys) and just export. If I get time later, I'll look further in depth and export again later.

Shiv47

Not going to be able to upload Phillies today; I was unable to get the game to download the league file last night. It went through all the downloading and then said it was still 7/12. Deleted league files on my end again and set up the files again; after downloading the league file it now says it's opening day. This problem was fixed a few days ago by completely re-installing the game, but this shit is tiresome.

eznark

Banned
Not going to be able to upload Phillies today; I was unable to get the game to download the league file last night. It went through all the downloading and then said it was still 7/12. Deleted league files on my end again and set up the files again; after downloading the league file it now says it's opening day. This problem was fixed a few days ago by completely re-installing the game, but this shit is tiresome.

I'll move Hamels to a rehab start.

ryseing

Or Texas, come at me with an offer for Delino DeShields Junior. Or basically anyone with a young, cost controlled CFer they want to move, especially if you need a second baseman or short stop!

I'm about done unfortunately. Finalizing one more thing. Acheron, post the trade- I'm on mobile until the upload.

You can always Godfather me and I'll consider.

Rommel

I'm interested in Incairte. Is there something specific you want or just cash?

I'm done hunting for cash now thankfully. I'm looking for actual prospects. I'll look when I get home and let you know who interests me.

Jackson still off limits? ;)

I'm done hunting for cash now thankfully. I'm looking for actual prospects. I'll look when I get home and let you know who interests me.

Jackson still off limits? ;)

Yes. Jackson/Wilson/Pederson are off limits. Kivlehan/Taylor/Marte are available. Same with good old Jesus.

Shiv47

I still can't get the game to download a league file that isn't opening day. I'll submit a ticket to OOTP's support, but if that doesn't pan out, I guess I'm out.

XiaNaphryz

I still can't get the game to download a league file that isn't opening day. I'll submit a ticket to OOTP's support, but if that doesn't pan out, I guess I'm out.

Weird...I thought brentech updated the "New Setup" league download file to be a more recent one?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If anyone is interested in John Jaso as a rental let me know. He's asking for way too much for an extension and I don't really need him. Also Ike Davis is available. Looking for an okay 3B or SS (as in someone above a 21 current rating) with a not-crazy salary or a decent SP prospect. Prefer the former though.

brentech

Weird...I thought brentech updated the "New Setup" league download file to be a more recent one?
That's just the files the game generates with the ftp info.

Not sure I understand the problem. The league file on opening day just doesn't exist anymore. The league file overwrites itself every time we update. So Friday's update doesn't exist.
Something has to be going on with the game there.

Shiv47

That's just the files the game generates with the ftp info.

Not sure I understand the problem. The league file on opening day just doesn't exist anymore. The league file overwrites itself every time we update. So Friday's update doesn't exist.
Something has to be going on with the game there.

I don't know. I re-installed the game, having deleted everything in the gobl folder. I then unpacked the league and settings files again from the rar packs, and copied them over. Went into the game, selected myself as manager, which being a new game, was at the start of the season. I then downloaded the league file, and when it was done, it said current date was 4/4. All records at 0-0. Did I miss something somewhere? Everything is in the proper folders, per the directions posted.

Top Bottom