• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

ryseing

I don't know. I re-installed the game, having deleted everything in the gobl folder. I then unpacked the league and settings files again from the rar packs, and copied them over. Went into the game, selected myself as manager, which being a new game, was at the start of the season. I then downloaded the league file, and when it was done, it said current date was 4/4. All records at 0-0. Did I miss something somewhere? Everything is in the proper folders, per the directions posted.

Fairly common issue. Same shit happened to me.

Reinstall fixed it though. Did you reinstall from a backup?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't know. I re-installed the game, having deleted everything in the gobl folder. I then unpacked the league and settings files again from the rar packs, and copied them over. Went into the game, selected myself as manager, which being a new game, was at the start of the season.

Did you redownload the .rars as well?

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I've missed a few days, 4 16 hour days in a row, but will be back on the beam tomorrow. I'd like a playoffs push arm: Cole Hamels, Johnny Cueto, etc., so if anyone cares to scour my minor league system, I'd be willing to trade anyone that's not Corey Seager or Julio Urias. I would also include either Alex Guerrero or Hector Olivera, but not both. Have at it...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I've missed a few days, 4 16 hour days in a row, but will be back on the beam tomorrow. I'd like a playoffs push arm: Cole Hamels, Johnny Cueto, etc., so if anyone cares to scour my minor league system, I'd be willing to trade anyone that's not Corey Seager or Julio Urias. I would also include either Alex Guerrero or Hector Olivera, but not both. Have at it...

I think you'll have the division easily given my injury situation. ;P

ryseing

So I've got a pissed off Shin-Soo Choo for those of you contending and looking for a solid RF.

I'll take back midlevel prospects for him.

So I've got a pissed off Shin-Soo Choo for those of you contending and looking for a solid RF.

I'll take back midlevel prospects for him.

Don't know why a guy making that much money in a state without income tax would be upset, but I guess it's not a perfect simulation.

Rommel

That Carlos Correa contract!

Astro for life. Hope he doesn't go all Singleton on you.

ySWicmi.png

I probably could've waited, but I think it's going to end up being a decent deal. Slightly overpay up front, pay what will probably be slightly under market value in his arb years, and then get a little value in his first 3 free agency years.

So yeah, if anyone wants Jed Lowrie's busted ass...

ryseing

Don't know why a guy making that much money in a state without income tax would be upset, but I guess it's not a perfect simulation.

It's because we're losing despite every effort of mine to fix the pitching situation.

I think we'll improve massively next year but of course there's no way to tell him that.

And TBH I think he's paid reasonably. Consistent vets come at a cost.

Rommel

It's because we're losing despite every effort of mine to fix the pitching situation.

I think we'll improve massively next year but of course there's no way to tell him that.

And TBH I think he's paid reasonably. Consistent vets come at a cost.

See I would trade for him but I do not have any South Koreans on my team to appease him

FyKCPtS.png

ryseing

See I would trade for him but I do not have any South Koreans on my team to appease him

FyKCPtS.png

Funny thing is that I agreed to take Perez from you because Gallardo was bitching about having no Mexican countrymen on the team.

Now he's bitching about something else.

Never stops man.

Shiv47

Still available. Upload hasn't started.

Are you able to export your team, because it sounds like your settings for FTP arent there.

I have nothing to export, since I had re-installed, but the settings tar I downloaded today only had two files, so I copied the others from the older one I had and it seems to be downloading something now, so I'll know shortly.

Shiv47

Tried to download file, got a "could not unzip file" error when it finished. After that, it just defaults to the "could not download" error.

I know this is our GOBL thread, and not to pile on the Pale Hose after that 21-1 beat-down, but my real world Twins just swept you 4 straight. Could not be happier.

Did we redo the last advance? I just updated to the same date as before but now I have a different record than before

Yeah, something definitely went wrong

eznark

Banned
I got to my office this morning and the thing was like hung. I minimized it to deal with it later and when I pulled the client back up it looked like it had advanced........
LLShC.gif

TheCrow

I think I still have the same record as before or maybe lost a game on Cleveland. But worst of all is that Chris Sale is on another slump.
sick.gif

eznark

Banned
Wow. That undid my Correa contract. Now he wants more money and fewer years.

Fuck that advance.

Why would you be extending Correa? He isn't even arb eligible. Jesus, he isn't arb eligible til 2018! And he is only 20. I can't fathom what kind of contract he agreed to that you'd be sad about losing.

Why would you be extending Correa? He isn't even arb eligible. Jesus, he isn't arb eligible til 2018! And he is only 20. I can't fathom what kind of contract he agreed to that you'd be sad about losing.

I mean, I thought this

ySWicmi.png

was a pretty decent deal if he doesn't collapse. I wanted to lock him up into his free agent years before he starts putting up numbers and wanting a ton of cash, but now he's asking for 7 years at 6.8 million each.

eznark

Banned
I mean, I thought this

ySWicmi.png

was a pretty decent deal if he doesn't collapse. I wanted to lock him up into his free agent years before he starts putting up numbers and wanting a ton of cash, but now he's asking for 7 years at 6.8 million each.

1 $508,000
2 $508,000
3 $4,000,000 (A)
4 $4,000,000 (A)
5 $4,000,000 (A)
6 $4,000,000 (A)
7 free agency
8 free agency
9 free agency

So right now you are paying him $17m (give or take $5m per arb ruling) for 6 seasons. Where he is under your control and cannot go anywhere or do anything. He is 20, so he won't likely peak til the 6th year of that deal.

You are happy that you instead get to pay him $57m over 9 years, 6 of those being when he is still likely developing and not yet at his potential.

You can give him this contract likely at any time over the next 6 seasons and control him into his 30's.

Also, the new deal he is asking for is only $400k more AAV.

You might be right, but I have visions of him expecting 6mm+ in his arb years and 15+ in the FA years. Maybe I'm delusional. I just love to find my guy and lock him up early. My scout says he's currently a 68 already, for what that's worth. I think he'll develop quickly. Of course I haven't actually simmed far ahead in single player. Maybe he bombs. *shrug*

eznark

Banned
You might be right, but I have visions of him expecting 6mm+ in his arb years and 15+ in the FA years. Maybe I'm delusional. I just love to find my guy and lock him up early. My scout says he's currently a 68 already, for what that's worth. I think he'll develop quickly. Of course I haven't actually simmed far ahead in single player. Maybe he bombs. *shrug*

Look at the variations in one week of simming. Shit doesn't happen even close to the same way every time.

That said, you'd be taking on $56m in risk for literally no reason. He is cost controlled until 2018. No one buys out pre-arb years for a reason, there is literally no upside.

FWIW, in my furthest along single player sim he doesn't even start becoming an established regular for the CPU until he's like 23.

brentech

If you want to keep that re-sim as it is, that's fine, but I obviously have the initial sim available to reupload if you want.

eznark

Banned
Let's do the initial one then since people have already dealt with it. How do I do that?! Also I look forward to watching Correa with that contract!

It's not just a contract with Carlos Correa... it's a promise to the people of Houston that we will deliver a perennial contender. Someday.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's not just a contract with Carlos Correa... it's a promise to the people of Houston that we will deliver a perennial contender. Someday.

They are already there in real life. You are failing the virtual citizens of Houston far more than the real life Astros organization.

My team is in some pretty serious dire straits right now. Gonna need my 3 rookies to get their shit together or it'll get pretty rough. Damn you Longo for getting hurt.

Top Bottom