• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

Michael Bourn not great player, but was having a good season before getting injured. Just got him back, and 1 day away from getting Yan Gomes back which should be huge (mostly defensively).

Would I have enough time between advances to pull my own players off waivers should someone put a claim on him? I only ask because I'm wondering if it would allow for any post deadline trades, just wanna make sure I'm safe though...

I downloaded the latest file and I'm sitting at July 26th. :/

Try this, worked like a charm for me

Simple google search and I found the solution on their forums. For those of you that were having issues with your game not advancing, try erasing every file from the settings folder except accountsdata_commish.dat and accountsdata_gms.dat and attempt to download the league file, if you havent tried already. Fixed it right away for me.

BigAT

Did I miss them in the waiver list? I looked last week after eznark said something about Lee being there and didn't see him on the waiver list at all.

Did someone just have him sitting in AAA prior to this?

I think they were both on rehab assignments and weren't inserted into the roster once they were done.

edit: which would make sense if you look at the export reader. Phils and Dodgers haven't exported in at least 4 days.

Chris Archer finally had a good week and is listed under Who's Hot! Went 2-0 with a 0.53 era in his last two games. Just went to check on Teheran and my scout says he's 10 points better in overall and potential since I've traded him lol

eznark

Banned
I think they were both on rehab assignments and weren't inserted into the roster once they were done.

edit: which would make sense if you look at the export reader. Phils and Dodgers haven't exported in at least 4 days.

That shouldn't happen, poop. I'm going to put them back on the Phils at their previous contracts. I missed that, thought he has released them.

Pyrogeek

I apologize for another newb question, but want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row so I don't miss anything.

Eznark sims daily around early afternoon eastern time, correct? If so, does this include weekend days as well?

I am on Pacific Time so will likely do my export at work or in the evening from home.

Rommel

I apologize for another newb question, but want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row so I don't miss anything.

Eznark sims daily around early afternoon eastern time, correct? If so, does this include weekend days as well?

I am on Pacific Time so will likely do my export at work or in the evening from home.

Typically around 4-5pm EST. And yes typically on the weekends.

Mrbob

I'm finally starting to see some signs of life from some of my young position players. Except for Kris Bryant who is still hitting like garbage. I hired a new hitting coach who is supposed to be good with young players. Hopefully they continue to develop.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
That shouldn't happen, poop. I'm going to put them back on the Phils at their previous contracts. I missed that, thought he has released them.

Does that mean we should refrain from offering contracts to those PHI and LAD players?

eznark

Banned
lol Scott Feldman, team savior.

Three starts since I got him:

8.2 IP 2 ER 3-2 Win
8.0 IP 1 ER 2-1 Win
9.0 IP 2 ER 5-2 Win

Rommel

Robbie Ray must have slept with my position players wives...

JomKZp6.png

He has been given 1 run of support (Unearned at that) in a game that he is still in (didn't make it out of the first inning in his debut)

lol Scott Feldman, team savior.

Three starts since I got him:

8.2 IP 2 ER 3-2 Win
8.0 IP 1 ER 2-1 Win
9.0 IP 2 ER 5-2 Win

Aramis has been tearing it up for me too. He's put up the same number of RBIs and one more HR in 17 games as an Astro than he did in 85 games as a Brewer. Seems like a good win-win.

eznark

Banned
Aramis has been tearing it up for me too. He's put up the same number of RBIs and one more HR in 17 games as an Astro than he did in 85 games as a Brewer. Seems like a good win-win.

Honestly, Feldman is garbagio, I just needed to move ARam. Are you going to resign him?

Robbie Ray must have slept with my position players wives...

JomKZp6.png

He has been given 1 run of support (Unearned at that) in a game that he is still in (didn't make it out of the first inning in his debut)

Lol, he certainly did something to piss everyone off. The team is subtly suggesting he may want to find another team to play for, or perhaps another profession altogether. :p

eznark

Banned
Dodgers are a mess. Tekumseh, you still playing? Crawford was close to becoming a FA!

The players were added back to their original teams. Crawford was sent on a rehab assignment. Van Slyke was placed on the 60 day DL. Heisey should probably be as well.

Sorry, did make an offer to Hendrick.

Since you're putting him back on the Dodgers roster, I imagine the contract will be denied and the offered money will come back to the A's coffers? Actually, that's just a shoebox in the Lew Wolff's bottom desk drawer, so the game might have trouble finding it.

Anyways, c'mon Dodgers. Get your ship in order.

I won't be able to export for the next week or so. Already made the necessary arrangements to have the AI make moves for me, but there doesn't seem to be much to do at this point until the playoffs. I'll keep monitoring the league reports and if there's anything drastic that needs to be done I'll be sure to ask one of the commishes to makes the move for me. By the time I get back I fully expect to be in the playoffs. Rockies can't be stopped!

As a general rule, is it better to wait through all of a (good) player's auto/arbitration years before offering them a long-term extension?

eznark

Banned
As a general rule, is it better to wait through all of a (good) player's auto/arbitration years before offering them a long-term extension?

Not necessarily. You can get a ton of value by buying out one or two arb years. Look at Goldschmidt, Tulowitzki, and Longoria contracts for reference.

But you really only want to do it with studs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I've tried to do it but find it kind of frustrating because their agents want me to overpay drastically for their arbitration years while only getting 1 year on their FA. Desmond Jennings agent can go fuck himself.

I've tried to do it but find it kind of frustrating because their agents want me to overpay drastically for their arbitration years while only getting 1 year on their FA. Desmond Jennings agent can go fuck himself.

That's why I jumped on Correa right away. Get my hooks in him before he knows he's a star.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Dodgers are a mess. Tekumseh, you still playing? Crawford was close to becoming a FA!

The players were added back to their original teams. Crawford was sent on a rehab assignment. Van Slyke was placed on the 60 day DL. Heisey should probably be as well.

Yeah, sorry about that. Howie Kendrick is still showing as a free agent today, so will I be getting him back? I'm definitely back on the ball, and have uploaded already this afternoon.

Rommel

Yeah, sorry about that. Howie Kendrick is still showing as a free agent today, so will I be getting him back? I'm definitely back on the ball, and have uploaded already this afternoon.

He'll still show as a FA. We haven't simmed yet today.

eznark

Banned
Ok, looks like it hung again when I left the office so there won't be a sim today. Don't want a repeat of the other day. I'll sim first thing in the morning.

lol just wait til next season when this shit is all figured out!
I'm really looking forward to it. I made a bunch of dumb mistakes this season, and a couple when trying to figure out how the whole league works. As long as I didn't kill my budget for next season, it should be great :D

back to back days of double headers against the Twins this advance. Team is going to be exhausted.

Look at the bright side. At least you're going against us lowly Twins.

At least we're tearing it up in the real world- knocking the ball all over the yard. I can't wait until my GOBL Twins turn the corner in a year or three.

Top Bottom