• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

Simulation results email is back. Turns out, it was a setting in the automator. Oops

I probably should have sent Gomes to rehab assignment. Think he doesn't have a hit through all those games.

TheCrow

Simulation results email is back. Turns out, it was a setting in the automator. Oops

I probably should have sent Gomes to rehab assignment. Think he doesn't have a hit through all those games.

This sounds good for my chances of staying in first. Need to download faster.
heart.gif

Rommel

Looks like the Pirates were snake-bit

Oh look, my best starter just went down. Looks like two top 5 picks in next years draft.

Pyrogeek

I'm having trouble uploading. I am getting this error:

'Could not upload file. Error - 201: Connect error'

Has anyone else seen this?

Edit: Resolved itself on 4th try!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Are you kidding me? Now I have Blanco and Pagan out for 6 weeks and 3 weeks respectively. Every outfielder on the 25 man roster opening day has been hit with injuries totalling over 4 weeks. Pence was hit twice with multiple month injuries.

Beckx

LOL. Pirates & Cardinals play 23 inning barn burner on 8/13 (will link when site updates). Polanco and Rodriguez both go 5 for 12.

Not surprising that my pitching staff was a wreck for the rest of the sim.

All my extensions done. Mostly got guys reduced a bit or held, renting Burnett for another year for a fraction of his 2015 price just in case something goes wrong. Still, payroll next year is the same as payroll for 15 even though I lose Walker and Bastardo. I have the depth to deal with the Walker loss but I'm going to have to pay to bolster the relief crew.

eznark

Banned
I'll be uploading at the normal time today, around 4 pm est, to get us back on track. Sorry I didn't get it done in time for the web site to update, but I was teaching my kids how to golf.

eznark

Banned
OOf, that Mauer injury combined with that Mauer contract is brutal. He'll be coming off a PCL tear at 33 with already declining production and still owed $46m. God damn...

OOf, that Mauer injury combined with that Mauer contract is brutal. He'll be coming off a PCL tear at 33 with already declining production and still owed $46m. God damn...

giphy.gif

It's quite the bitter pill to swallow. Someone pat me on the back and tell me it will be alright...anyone?

Edit: And he's owed 69 million after this year according to my books.

eznark

Banned
giphy.gif

It's quite the bitter pill to swallow. Someone pat me on the back and tell me it will be alright...anyone?

Edit: And he's owed 69 million after this year according to my books.

Yeah but he'll be injured most of next year! I was saying when he comes off the injury...

brentech

Coming off injury Gomes went 0-22 over 6 games. 1 RBI.
I should have listened to eznark about rehab assignments. I did manage 3-3 still.

I actually think Michael Bourn had a longer injury and came back the week before Gomes and picked up right where he left off. Batting .290, he has brought some life back to CF for me.
He is playing well above his expected level.

Yeah but he'll be injured most of next year! I was saying when he comes off the injury...

Oh, I see what you meant. And to top it all off, his injury comes on the heels of me firing my team trainer earlier in the year and replacing him with this guy:

WZD8rfc.jpg

Naturally he is legendary in preventing leg injuries, lol. Cruel game!

Rommel

Almost to September call-up time. Going to be fun seeing the scrubs coming up playing with the slightly less scrubby.

eznark

Banned
I saw him in the commissioners menu, but I thought that was an upcoming waive, not a current one. As in, I thought his first week on the waiver wire was post update last night.

After a decent couple of weeks Chris Archer is now NOT hot. 0-2 with a 19.89 ERA in 6.1 innings in his last two starts lol. Cahill got out of his slump though.

My bullpen is trash and Nicasio is playing horrible.

Beckx

Aug 27, learn 2 update.

It...it isn't my....*sniffle*

...well, it's downloading an update again. We'll see what happens.

All working. I must've screwed something up when trying it the first time, doing too many things at once.

2015 First Rounders sorted by OPS said:

2015 First Rounders sorted by IP said:

I made an in game list awhile back for tracking all the first round picks, figured I'd post an update for those curious. I probably should've taken the shot from in the game so you could see the injuries. 6 of the first 30 picks in the draft are currently hurt.

Beckx

I made an in game list awhile back for tracking all the first round picks, figured I'd post an update for those curious. I probably should've taken the shot from in the game so you could see the injuries. 6 of the first 30 picks in the draft are currently hurt.

Riley Ferrell, will he be awesome or will he be what my scout thinks? Current prognosis: my scout is right.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Any way to add in age and minor league level to that list?

brentech

2-4
Gomes turned around an 0-22 last week to batting .500 this week.
Sadly, I lost Brantley for a month and the rest of the team is collapsing in their performance.

Peaked too soon!

Hey eznark, just a thought but when we get close to the end of August can we stop the sim on the last day of August? I figure not everyone knows the whole thing where if a guy isn't on your roster before September 1st he can't play in the playoffs (unless he was on the major league DL prior) and so some people might want to shift things around before the expansion. I know I tend to do it with top prospects in my off line leagues.

eznark

Banned
Hey eznark, just a thought but when we get close to the end of August can we stop the sim on the last day of August? I figure not everyone knows the whole thing where if a guy isn't on your roster before September 1st he can't play in the playoffs (unless he was on the major league DL prior) and so some people might want to shift things around before the expansion. I know I tend to do it with top prospects in my off line leagues.

GET YOUR PLAYOFF ROSTERS IN ORDER

40 man roster?

40 man roster?

No. A guy has to be on the 25 man roster BEFORE September first, otherwise he can not be added to the playoff roster. The only exception is if a guy is on the active roster DL and he doesn't come off until after September first he is still eligible for the playoff roster.

No. A guy has to be on the 25 man roster BEFORE September first, otherwise he can not be added to the playoff roster. The only exception is if a guy is on the active roster DL and he doesn't come off until after September first he is still eligible for the playoff roster.
Oh! Time to make some changes.
Guess it doesn't matter if I don't make the playoffs though.

Top Bottom