• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Rommel

Ok, looks like it hung again when I left the office so there won't be a sim today. Don't want a repeat of the other day. I'll sim first thing in the morning.

When you sim this morning can you upload the reports to the site so those of us at work can check things out? :)

This league is ruining me (in a good way) in not being able to play these sim games by myself anymore.

I can probably do the new hockey one that is supposed to come out later this month but playing in a league with others is extremely fun.

This league has really pulled focus away from my 5 fantasy leagues.

Not necessarily. You can get a ton of value by buying out one or two arb years. Look at Goldschmidt, Tulowitzki, and Longoria contracts for reference.

But you really only want to do it with studs.
Thanks. One of the hardest things for someone from Europe is understanding what a "good" contract or "good" trade is with very little reference. My knowledge of the game itself now is pretty strong, but it's one thing getting to grips with how arbitration, free agency, Rule 5, etc. work in the abstract and another knowing how to work them to my favor.

TheCrow

I also want to thank Eznark and Brent for all the work they've put into this. Even if they hate my deals ;)

Don't worry, eznark hates everything.

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

eznark

Banned
Nah, it's uploading right now. It stopped because of a roster violation in LAA, so I wanted to make sure everything was up to date again before doing the whole process.

Making a backup of the database right now, imagine it'll be good to go in a few minutes.

TheCrow

Yeah, just sent him a message on steam. Think he re-simmed the same week again. Records are changed but date is the same. That actually really hurt Chicago WS and bumped Detroit in my division.

It looks the same. Thats just how bad my team has been doing lately
cBj1LTf.png

brentech

my bad. you're right. i thought Chicago still had second in the division by 1 1/2 games, but i must not have really looked at that last standings update as the website correctly shows Detroit took over second place.

eznark

Banned
blech the Dodgers had uploaded a file after I made the Kendrick change, so it's a good thing this didn't work last night I guess.

Trying again!

And Matt Moore's 2015 ends after 7 starts. Went 5-1 too. Nuts.

In other news, the Astros are 10-1 in August and are no longer in last in the division. Next stop, wild card!

Beckx

Another sim of treading water.

Ha! Two of my minor leaguers are overmatched at the lowest level of the system. Maybe there's a local high school that can take them.

Rommel

Sounds like Corbin for me. Came back from TJ to do a couple rehab starts befor getting called up. After the 3rd start out for the season... blarg

You uploading the reports to the website for those of us at work? :D

brentech

1-5 against the Twins.
2-0 against NYY

Not great. Dropped out of first. Luckily, this sim brings back the Yan Gomes which should spark some more offense. He was top 3 in RBI for my team before fracturing a finger.

4 teams in AL Central with 60-63 wins. Shit is going to be brutal down the stretch here. I don't like this.

y2iI4Lw.jpg

I really love this game, but issues like this really annoy me, and lessen my appreciation for the product. The game should have been 8-4, but for some reason the game started out with a 5-5 score line. In a game about crunching and analyzing numbers, this is pretty inexcusable imo. If there is one thing I EXPECT out of a sim like this, it is that it has to get the numbers right. Disappointing. I don't mind some jank and quirks, but get the core right dammit! Where did the extra 17 hits and 10 runs come from!?!

It's probably a bad sign that guys I've been carrying in my bullpen most of the season are "probably over matched at AAA" according to my scout.

eznark

Banned
Dodgers: Juan Nicasio is on the waiver wire. I assume you don't want him there. If so, be sure to pull him back this sim.

KaYotiX

Banned
Looking over new contracts for next year is gonna cost me a lot of $$$

Chen alone wants a massive deal (deserves it by looking over his stat line this year). Real fun is gonna start soon :p

Geovany Soto with that SSS .923 OPS since I claimed him. Thanks Crow! Already a 0.5 win player for me in 11 games, after putting up 1 win in 74 games for Crow.

Rommel

Yes.

And the reports will always unpack at 10 pm EST. Brent made a robot, nothing I can do about it.

Ahhh cool. If you sim before 5:30 pm EST I won't be able to upload. But honestly if there are no injuries don't worry about me and go ahead.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I will upload tonight around 9 pm since as of now, there are more people missing files than have them in.

Been away all day for a job interview, haven't even loaded the latest update yet. Won't be home for another 90 min - 2 hours or so.

^Kolten Wong was my MVP candidate when he left my team, must be the Dbacks ;)
blech the Dodgers had uploaded a file after I made the Kendrick change, so it's a good thing this didn't work last night I guess.

Trying again!
I'm disappointed your brewcrew finally beat me. A whopping 1-11 now ;)

BigAT

What happened to those simulation summary emails we used to get?

I think Billy Hamilton fucked my manager's wife. He keeps batting him 8th or sitting him for no reason.

Beckx

Try this, worked like a charm for me

This fixed my issue, thank you!

Alright, decent sim this time, right in contention. The fans are loving the chase and that should show up in the year end haul in a positive way.

Got some extensions out the door. Fuck Bastardo. Also fuck the owner for wanting a 1B upgrade this season. Josh Bell is going to be ready in a year or two, maybe right around the time Pedro's deal is up.

Top Bottom