• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just got another TWO injuries hit my outfield. This injury rate is ridiculous. 5 ML guys on the DL, another one pending diagnosis.

BigAT

Nice 5-1 week to surge back into 1st in the Central. I'm sure when the collapse happens it will just be all the more painful now.

So how does the game treat guys coming back from long (3+ month) injuries?

If I just slap, say, Doolittle back on my active roster after a 4 month injury stint, is he going to come back slow or can I assume that he's going to be his normal self?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So how does the game treat guys coming back from long (3+ month) injuries?

If I just slap, say, Doolittle back on my active roster after a 4 month injury stint, is he going to come back slow or can I assume that he's going to be his normal self?

If you're concerned, you can give him a rehab assignment for a week or two and see how he does before pulling him back to your active roster. Generally, it seems most people don't bother with rehab stints unless it's a pretty long layoff.

If you're concerned, you can give him a rehab assignment for a week or two and see how he does before pulling him back to your active roster. Generally, it seems most people don't bother with rehab stints unless it's a pretty long layoff.

I am having a hard time finding that. I'll keep looking.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Looks like I am going to get Longo maybe a few days before the playoffs (that hopefully my team does not choke away). Fuck a rehab stint!

I am having a hard time finding that. I'll keep looking.

It should be under the same options you have when you right click on a player and get the promotion / demotion options. There should be one that says send down for a rehab stint or something.

My team has been collectively batting .304 since I hired Dante Bichette as my hitting coach. Mission accomplished! It's all uphill from here.

Beckx

Calling up Salcedo and Bell (when he's back from injury) this sim. Debated a lot, but want to see them get some at bats. Now if Liriano can just come back early.

If the Central race stays close the final sim features Reds and Pirates going head to head for the crown.

Rommel

Been leaning heavily on my setup guy. Leads my team in wins and 2nd in strikeouts. Getting my starters back and a year older next year will be nice.

Looking at all the fielders today, sorted by zone rating, and Gattis is ranked dead last. That would explain how he's put up a 122 OPS+, but only 1 WAR. Yikes.

brentech

Huh wonder what happened. When I left work at 5 it looked like it was done.

Instead of starting to upload and failing to finish as it has done in the past, right now it shows up as having never started to upload. File is still completely intact from yesterday.

Rommel

Hit the snooze button on the update a few to many times eh?

Also if there is a sim this morning can you manually unpack the reports for us work-bound folks? :D

eznark

Banned
Josh Outman is the reason for the (delay) season. Nice work Rommel

How the fuck did you accomplish this? He is on the active roster but not the 40 man, and your 40 man is full.

I waived Matt Reynolds, your oldest/lowest potential RP on the 40 man to make room.

Rommel

Josh Outman is the reason for the (delay) season. Nice work Rommel

How the fuck did you accomplish this? He is on the active roster but not the 40 man, and your 40 man is full.

I waived Matt Reynolds, your oldest/lowest potential RP on the 40 man to make room.

Not sure how I did that. I waived Freeman to make room on the 40 and he would have gone through before Outman's time was up. Problem is the sim would have gone longer than Outman had left on the waiver wire. Not sure how he got plugged into the active roster.

My bad! Need to be a bit more careful with the waiver wire I suppose.

Finally back over .500! Playoff odds all the way up to 14.3%!

By playoff odds Detroit, Baltimore and Washington are 100% in. Cinci is at 99.1%, the Dodgers are at 98.2% and Tampa is at 96.2%. Boston and Anaheim have the best chances at the final AL spot right now and Pittsburgh, Atlanta and SD have the best shots at the final 2 NL spots.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Uh I think Jake Odorizzi somehow ended up back on my team? Not sure whats going on there. He shows up on my roster now and is listed as on the Rays in my game, can put him on my active roster. Demoted him to AAA for now

Oh wow excellent sim!

Did we advance twice? I went from 69-69 to 77-71

Think I finally found my closer and setup man. Andrew Mckirahan has been excellent since I've moved him to closer. Mike F(something) has been amazing since I called him up to replace Mike Minor. He's 11-3 with a 2.43 ERA!

75.3% chance we make the playoffs! I bet we don't make it

Beckx

Josh Bell's cup of coffee is working out, already notched his first major league HR and has a 294 OPS+. ha! Robo Hurdle has him as the starter at 1B now, I wonder if that will count for satisfying the owner's desire for an upgrade at 1B?

Liriano is back for next sim, but may not actually start until the next because of Robo Hurdle's stupid rotation decisions.

Gotta keep it close next sim to have a chance.

Oh. bleh. gotta fill some staff positions. I dislike this part of the game. My batting coach at the major league level "has no interest in working for pittsburgh." Really?

Rommel

My setup guy Evan Marshall is pretty much tied for 3rd in innings and strikeouts for my team and is first in wins lol

KaYotiX

Banned
Go O's!

Going to have alot of guys testing free agency next year too... Man I hope I can sign a few.

Going to be brutal if alot of my stars leave.

Enron

Banned
Ok - i kinda want to get into this game now - are there any open teams available? Beckx tells me some people have dropped out.

Yes, I am here. Just moved to another state so been away for a bit.

Ok, cool. I wasn't trying to run anyone out of the league. I was just looking at options for the poster wanting to get in, and was looking at teams that hadn't updated in a while.

Side note- I hate moving! Hope your move went well.

Uh I think Jake Odorizzi somehow ended up back on my team? Not sure whats going on there. He shows up on my roster now and is listed as on the Rays in my game, can put him on my active roster. Demoted him to AAA for now

Hmmm... I just checked and Odorizzi is still in my starting rotation.

SOMEONE CLONED JAKE ODORIZZI.

My God.

Top Bottom