• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yay made the playoffs!

Longo back too!

Honestly not sure how, my offense has been so putrid this year. John Jaso has been carrying my team down the stretch.

First thing I'm doing is firing my hitting coach this offseason.

I claimed him. He is a nice platoon partner for Scoots and a huge upgrade on the bench.
His history has him being released by me and then signed by you later. This was when the waiver/DFA periods were shorter which I think screwed things up. I noticed my finances took a hit after that sim too so I figured it was attempted to send him to the minors which he likely refused, and then released to advance the sim.

05/10/2015 Released by the St. Louis Cardinals.
06/18/2015 Signed a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,236,000 with the Milwaukee Brewers organization.

brentech

fbGvkFZ.png

Didn't think I would make the playoffs so I didn't pay too much attention on who would be eligible for the playoff roster and that's going to fuck me. Finally found a 3B and some RPs that I like but they aren't eligible :(

My playoff run will probably only last for the one WC game anyway lol

Nightz

Made the playoffs! One of my goals was to not suck completely, so my team has already exceeded expectations. Just gotta win it all
because all my stars will be leaving after this season :(.

HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

Two one run losses to cost me the wild card ;_; At least it was fitting of my season, I just got killed in 1 run games.

Sorry man! McKirahan is too good! Even though he only has two pitches.

Was trying to help Pete out so I'd get an easy win in the WC but of course he chokes.

Sorry man! McKirahan is too good! Even though he only has two pitches.

Was trying to help Pete out so I'd get an easy win in the WC but of course he chokes.
Really coulda used Goldschmidt and Heyward and maybe they would have made a difference :(

Though lots of people were dealing with injuries so I shouldn't get too upset.

Beckx

LOL. Polanco injured in the final sim to complete the disaster. And bizarrely AJ Burnett isn't even in the rotation anywhere but isn't injured (according to web site)

Injuries destroyed me this year. Two SPs lost - one for the season, one for all but 1 month of it, Harrison & Cutch with significant injury time too.

Bring on the off season! The quest to find a Center Fielder begins!

Prospects I'm willing to listen to offers on:
Chris Taylor
Danny Hultzen
Patrick Kivlehan
Ketel Marte

I need a legit, Major League ready CFer with multiple years of team control if I'm gonna be dealing any of these dudes.

brentech

Imagine just the one day.
Would really like eznark to be able to sim this one or at least get his input from how his other league runs the playoffs.

Imagine just the one day.
Would really like eznark to be able to sim this one or at least get his input from how his other league runs the playoffs.

One day, sorry I'm not at an ootp computer

Well, my question was going to be about playoff rosters, but since it looks like those can be set up before the playoffs start it doesn't matter. I wasn't looking to enhance the drama or anything.

brentech

Uploading file now. The moment you've been waiting for though:

4R4T04I.png

2 home runs in the first. And that was all their offense basically. What a bummer.
Congrats As

brentech

File is up.
If you think you have nothing to do during the playoffs, I recommend looking at your upcoming FAs, checking your staff list and resigning anyone you want to keep or filling positions that are going to be vacant at the end of year.
Still things to be done. Doesn't have to be done now as more guys will come on the market from other teams, but just a heads up.

Been having that problem myself pete. I dunno

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I guess I don't understand playoff roster rules? Evan Longoria was on my DL for all of August + September and just came back last week. I thought he'd be eligible for the postseason but I guess hes not? Lame.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out. Had to make some roster changes to my actual playoff roster

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I guess I don't understand playoff roster rules? Evan Longoria was on my DL for all of August + September and just came back last week. I thought he'd be eligible for the postseason but I guess hes not? Lame.

I think you have to select "Add to Playoff Roster" for him?

ryseing

Chris Taylor
Danny Hultzen
Patrick Kivlehan
Ketel Marte

I need a legit, Major League ready CFer with multiple years of team control if I'm gonna be dealing any of these dudes.

I'm about fed up with DeShields. PM me.

Chris Taylor
Danny Hultzen
Patrick Kivlehan
Ketel Marte

I'm also gonna go ahead and say that Jesus Montero, Logan Morrison (4.3 WAR, 150 wRC+ best 1B this past season in the AL not named Miguel Cabrera), and Nelson Cruz are all available. Again my biggest need is a Center Fielder, I'm a bit more flexible on return for Logan Morrison given his contract status.

I'd deal DJ Peterson but you will have to blow me out of the water.

eznark

Banned
Derp, playoffs will take forever if we do one day at a time. Gonna do 3 day advances til WS, then we'll do one game per day, unless participants upload faster.

Advancing at 4

brentech

Derp, playoffs will take forever if we do one day at a time. Gonna do 3 day advances til WS, then we'll do one game per day, unless participants upload faster.

Advancing at 4
I assumed you just meant for the wild card anyway. Otherwise the playoffs would last as long as the season,lol.

Advancing at 4

You mind giving me about 20 mins? I'll be home around 4:15, wanted to make sure I exported the last changes I made last night

Top Bottom