• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Fuck Mets are done. :( pitching has been great all year but offense is terrible.

Hey, I tried to help you with Arcia! He has been great for you though. Thankfully Syndergaard is starting to come into form lately. I think he's going to be a good one for me in my rotation. But I'm a pitching/defense/speed (small ball) guy if given the choice, so I'll give up power for those things. I don't have any problems with the long ball, but if the other elements aren't in place, things tend to fall apart imo.

eznark

Banned
What the fuck on odorizzi....

Brent I'm out of town all weekend, Vance normal time tonight and delete Bizarro Odorizzi please

Enron

Banned
So yeah, eznark or whoever if you can get me a list of available teams i'd be interested in claiming one. I might not be the best manager since im learning on the go but for those of you who remember the GAF Courtrivals teams from several years back I should be able to figure out what im doing

Ferny

Ok, cool. I wasn't trying to run anyone out of the league. I was just looking at options for the poster wanting to get in, and was looking at teams that hadn't updated in a while.

Side note- I hate moving! Hope your move went well.

Yeah no problem at all bro.

It did go well, thanks. Finally all moved in and unpacked. I hate unpacking the most. It's the part of moving that takes me the longest.

BigAT

Yeah no problem at all bro.

It did go well, thanks. Finally all moved in and unpacked. I hate unpacking the most. It's the part of moving that takes me the longest.

When I came home from college for the summer one year I lived out of my bags for three months instead of unpacking.

Make sure he is still on Oakland first, then delete any other instances of him. Pretty sure it was Oakland that traded for him, right?

Yep. Odorizzi is where he should be on the Oakland active roster, but apparently pseudo-Ordorizzi is on Tampa's AAA squad.

brentech

Make sure he is still on Oakland first, then delete any other instances of him. Pretty sure it was Oakland that traded for him, right?

Think I got it fixed. There was actually only one instance of him, but he showed up in lineup for the A's, and when you clicked on his profile he was in AAA for the Rays. I went into the editor and just selected his team as MLB->Oakland
using player search before and after I only found the one instance for him and only see him on the A's now.

Note: i have not updated yet. Reading through the thread to see if anything else needs changed.
I believe the Blue Jays and the Marlins are the only teams I know for sure to be available. Everything else is updated somewhat recent where I wouldn't worry about it. People have lives. Even the Marlins I think ph33 tried to log into last week and the team was stripped from him apparently.

Hey, I tried to help you with Arcia! He has been great for you though. Thankfully Syndergaard is starting to come into form lately. I think he's going to be a good one for me in my rotation. But I'm a pitching/defense/speed (small ball) guy if given the choice, so I'll give up power for those things. I don't have any problems with the long ball, but if the other elements aren't in place, things tend to fall apart imo.

yea dude is top 3 i think in homers. i have Lagares out there manning CF that's why i took the gamble. I needed that power to hit some jacks for me. hopefully he continues to produce these power numbers while i get some nice OBP guys in front but we'll see. Syndergaard is beast so enjoy

yea dude is top 3 i think in homers. i have Lagares out there manning CF that's why i took the gamble. I needed that power to hit some jacks for me. hopefully he continues to produce these power numbers while i get some nice OBP guys in front but we'll see. Syndergaard is beast so enjoy

You may have a big contract to pay pretty soon. (Did you extend him already?) I can't remember if he's already up for arbitration or not. I think he is. Anyway, his greed is only normal, so hopefully it isn't too bad. Syndergaard's is low...which, being the Twins Gm, I appreciate. :p

Pyrogeek

Ever since I took over the Nationals, I'm slowly seeing them slip below 0.500 ball.

I think I'm trying to be too cute with the line-ups when I should be taking a more traditional approach.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pagan came off the DL last update, and he gets injured again this update. Same with Maxwell.

I can see why some people were saying Injuries set even at Normal felt like it was too high. My entire outfield, including backups and some AAA guys who had to come up and fill in, has been hit with multiple several-week-long (or in the case of Pence, multiple-month) injuries the entire season.

Pyrogeek

Looks like I forgot to extend any of my minor league staff and now I have like 20 jobs to fill. Yay.

This happened to me as well though only 6 jobs were vacated. 2 of the 6 accepted contracts though the other 4 weren't interested in returning. I'll need to pay closer attention to my personal contract dates moving forward!

Clinging to that 1/2 game lead.

Holding on by fingernails with my cleanup man being a guy I signed out of free agency mid season. Dayan Viciedo, a lonely city turns its eyes to you.

brentech

I had lost Brantley for 4 weeks not long ago. Lost my lead on the division and the team collapsed on itself.
Not even near the wild card now.

brentech

Not going to sim extra days. Might be important moves people have to make before finishing the last few days since they don't get much time off before playoffs.

What perfect timing for Goldschmidt and my second basemen to get injured..:(

Coming down to the end in the NL wildcard with me going up against the Braves and the Rockies and Padres 1 G behind. Only consolation is I've got a good 1-2 punch coming with my pitchers vs the Braves.

What's the plan for simming now? Just up to the end of the regular season?

brentech

Figured next sim would take us to the day before playoffs begin.
Then sim a real small one for the one game playoffs.
Then unsure from there. Would like to hear how eznarks other league handles the playoff series. maybe just continues to go 7 days.

Nate Freiman wins a game in extras with a double against the Giants.

Dayan Viciedo gets two jacks off Weaver to win another game.

1 game lead with two to play.

Seattle and Texas can play spoilers.

Giggidy.

I'm just happy that Correa hit .315 in September and has already developed into (according to my scout) my highest rated player.

Next few seasons should be fun.

Rommel

What perfect timing for Goldschmidt and my second basemen to get injured..:(

Coming down to the end in the NL wildcard with me going up against the Braves and the Rockies and Padres 1 G behind. Only consolation is I've got a good 1-2 punch coming with my pitchers vs the Braves.

What's the plan for simming now? Just up to the end of the regular season?

Wow Goldy really imploded down the stretch. Can't believe Adams matched him in WAR this year.

ryseing

I'm telling myself that too, but it's a hard sell to the dipshits back in Houston. They should love CC already, but he's still 'unknown' locally.

Maybe I'll move the team to Portland.

At least your owner isn't an old dude who wants to win a WS before he dies.

It's like, dude, I'm trying. Not my fault I was left with a total mess at the major league level.

Top Bottom