• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

I was updating earlier and OOTP just closed right in the middle of downloading. Now it closes in the middle of loading the league. Am I going to have to reinstall?

Ok it's just crashing when loading GOBL. I'll try reloading the league files.

Rommel

So is the playoffs going one series per sim or one day at a time?

All the playoff teams should pick a time to get together and have a playoff party where only one walks away victorious.

eznark

Banned
Wanted to wait til the end of the season to really look and yeah, IP is a problem. 24 guys threw over 250 innings. The last time there was more than one guy to do it was 2002, when Arizona was destroying Schilling and Johnson.

Jesus fuck, 25 guys had 10 or more complete games.......

Wanted to wait til the end of the season to really look and yeah, IP is a problem. 24 guys threw over 250 innings. The last time there was more than one guy to do it was 2002, when Arizona was destroying Schilling and Johnson.

Jesus fuck, 25 guys had 10 or more complete games.......

I'm not near my computer, but did we have anyone throw 300 k's? I felt like a few sims ago I looked and we had some guys that looked like they might be on pace to do it.

eznark

Banned
I'm not near my computer, but did we have anyone throw 300 k's? I felt like a few sims ago I looked and we had some guys that looked like they might be on pace to do it.

Kershaw and Sale each had 288. I feel like that isn't super strange but I'd have to research it a bit. Actually I think the outlier there is that K/9 would be low.

Kershaw and Sale each had 288. I feel like that isn't super strange but I'd have to research it a bit. Actually I think the outlier there is that K/9 would be low.

Looks like last year (in the real MLB) Cueto and Strasburg had 242, and Kershaw with 239. Kershaw averaged 10.8/9 though. In the AL Price had 271, Kluber 269, and Sale 251. So it seems you're right, the actual totals aren't far off, but the k/9 actually ends up being quite low.

eznark

Banned
I think the solution is going to be to lower the starting pitching stamina factor from 1.0 to say... 0.9 and see how that works.

Sale threw 130+ pitches in 19 starts. That's totally fucked.

24 starters threw over 250 innings
25 starters had 10+ complete games
Chris Sale threw 130+ pitches in 19 of his starts
4 pitchers with 30+ starts completed 50%+ of those starts
David Price averages 126 pitches per outing
34 pitchers average 115+ pitches per outing

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I think the solution is going to be to lower the starting pitching stamina factor from 1.0 to say... 0.9 and see how that works.

Sale threw 130+ pitches in 19 starts. That's totally fucked.

24 starters threw over 250 innings
25 starters had 10+ complete games
Chris Sale threw 130+ pitches in 19 of his starts
4 pitchers with 30+ starts completed 50%+ of those starts
David Price averages 126 pitches per outing
34 pitchers average 115+ pitches per outing

How about injury rate? It was pretty ridiculous for my team, not sure about league wide.

eznark

Banned
I have no idea how to quantify that with the tools given. I don't think I can sort by games missed.

Just looking at the injuries on a sim to sim basis though they didn't seem incongruous.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I have no idea how to quantify that with the tools given. I don't think I can sort by games missed.

Only thing I can think of is to process the complete transactions log and search for "Placed * on *-day disabled list" or something to that effect, see how many people were placed on which DL list, how many per team were affected, etc. Would require some scripting outside the game I'd imagine, but would be simple enough for anyone with some programming skill. If I have time later I may try to do just that since I'm trying to learn Python anyway.

eznark

Banned
Ok, so I got a response on OOTP forums that for present day, SP stamina should be set to low. Why the fuck that isn't default when you set up a league with present day rosters is beyond me.

eznark

Banned
Live and learn.

After the playoffs we'll change the SP stamina to low and see how it goes. Make sure you adjust for this when looking at SP contracts for extensions and FA's. Their WAR and VORP will be inflated for the 2015 season, potentially significantly.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Damn seasons over. :(

If anyone is interested in James Loney lemme know. Honestly not sure what to do with him. Had a 4 WAR season but makes a ton of money and his ratings are garbage so shrug.

eznark

Banned
I need a bot that posts this whenever Rommel asks me a question

Cwbrls7.gif

I have to fill 18 out of 21 personnel slots in the minors. Such a chore. This was my least favorite part of last season and it's almost enough to make me want to give up! Anyone have any pointers on getting this done quickly? Should I just throw a bunch of money at a bunch of dudes?

The annoying thing wasn't actually finding people to sign, it was the sim advancing and me finding that 50% or more of them declined my offer and I had to start over.

eznark

Banned
You should update it then, since for me it's on the 13th, I'm interested to see if the series outcomes are the same!

What's bizarre is that this is the first time it has failed without an error message in the commissioners panel. Said the league simulated successfully, reports were uploaded /reports/

Too odd

Oh what the fuck. For some reason the two "create & upload" boxes were unchecked. WHY WOULD THAT EVEN HAPPEN

I have to fill 18 out of 21 personnel slots in the minors. Such a chore. This was my least favorite part of last season and it's almost enough to make me want to give up! Anyone have any pointers on getting this done quickly? Should I just throw a bunch of money at a bunch of dudes?

The annoying thing wasn't actually finding people to sign, it was the sim advancing and me finding that 50% or more of them declined my offer and I had to start over.
I hate putting those guys in even a day at a time. I can't imagine having to sim it over a week.

Maybe you could just turn off the coaching model if everyone agrees to it.

eznark

Banned
I hate putting those guys in even a day at a time. I can't imagine having to sim it over a week.

Maybe you could just turn off the coaching model if everyone agrees to it.

lol no. Those are important roles, not just some slot you are filling. I think you can delegate that to you AGM if you want though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You can delegate it to your assistant GM. I did that for a few vacancies the past month and he hired some okay dudes at not ridiculous contracts so it was fine.

I will say the one frustrating thing is being stuck with a dude who doesn't want to sign an extension. Wish there was a way to be able to just hire a replacement who would start the job as your new coach the day the old guys contract runs out. Right now you just kind have to wait till its close then fire the guy.

eznark

Banned
Just an FYI to potentially speed things along, I'll advance as soon as I see all of the playoff teams have uploaded. So if you want faster vances, start hounding

LAA
BAL
OAK
DET
ATL
WAS
CIN
LAD

Astros front office remodeling almost complete. Luhnow out, Kim Ng in (although, unfortunately OOTP thinks she's a man). Moved my AA hitting coach up to replace Hinch, and his reputation improved from good to excellent. Bichette back for a full season as hitting coach.

I'm really looking forward to 2016.

eznark

Banned
hahaha, fuck I looked for her, must've passed her over since it has her as a man and also as inexperienced...weird.

Tempted to hire Luhnow to replace Melvin, but OOTP has Melvin's contract wrong so I'd be on the hook through 2017 when his contract is actually up this year.

I would change Ng's sex but you cant.

brentech

I let the Indians basically do their thing as provided this season, but I have a team style I'm going for in the coming seasons. Will be willing to move guys when that opens up.

Not trying to go all youth team/cheap or some shit, but they have to fit my mold. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

My game downloaded a file earlier but it was the same day and all it did was reset all the changes I made. I did everything again and uploaded it I hope I didn't fuck anything up

Top Bottom