• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Rommel

Well, I'm not signing my 1st rd. pick. Have fun in the 2017 draft, Brendan!

And kudos to the White Sox for taking Gattis off my hands.

As an easy sign he wouldn't come down off his price? I was briefly tempted to redraft him... but screw him... hope he enjoys indy ball.

eznark

Banned
Signed everyone I cared about. I'd love to sign Funkhouser because Curb is awesome but it's no biggie.

Lisalverto Bonilla, the prize of the Rule 5, was pressed into a spot start this week and went 6.1 innings giving up 5. He is developing nicely!

As an easy sign he wouldn't come down off his price? I was briefly tempted to redraft him... but screw him... hope he enjoys indy ball.

I can only give him 5.4m (or about 1m over slot.) Not enough, apparently.

A shame. I really liked his profile. Extremely high contact speedster? Yes, please!

In other news, had some random scrub at 2B for Fresno, and he was 'ecstatic' and 'very happy' with his .160 performance. Cut his ass. Don't need cupcakes like him.

Rommel

Signed everyone I cared about. I'd love to sign Funkhouser because Curb is awesome but it's no biggie.

Lisalverto Bonilla, the prize of the Rule 5, was pressed into a spot start this week and went 6.1 innings giving up 5. He is developing nicely!

Taylor Lindsey is the belle of the Rule 5!

.323/.378/.548 .4 War

Man, according to the in game rankings I have top 10 players at C, all 4 infield positions, SP and RP and bottom 3 players at all 3 out field spots and the 24th best closer.

I was looking through some players wikipedia cause I was curious about their minor league progression, and I got to this...

Stanton began his career for the Gulf Coast League Marlins, but quickly advanced to the Single-A short season New York - Penn League, playing for the Jamestown Jammers. After nine games for the Jammers, where he batted .067 (2 for 30), he was promoted to the Single-A Greensboro Grasshoppers. At Greensboro, Stanton hit 39 home runs, on a .293 batting average with 97 RBI and a .993 OPS.[2][5] Stanton received an invitation to the 2009 Marlins spring training.[6] He won numerous post-season awards for his performance in the 2008 minor league season, and was placed at number 16 on Baseball America's top 100 prospects list.[7]

huh?? why would that earn him a promotion. is it because they wanted him to get more PT since short season is, well, short?

brentech

Simulation: 3 Days
2016 Season: Saturday, June 18th
Notes: We have a couple more 3 day sims left before the switch back to 7 day. Draft pick signing deadline is 7/06, but I'm sure most guys will start breaking off negotiations so it's time to make your best offer.
International FA signing will begin 7/02, so be ready look for prospects, but be aware of what it may cost you.

Washington Nationals on a 9 game winning streak.
Cincinnati Reds on a 7 game skid.

Thanks, Brentech.

I'm trying to download now but sent my moves by IM incase you don't see an upload from me.

I saw you had an upload so before starting to sim I manually imported your team and it looks like you did indeed make some offers, so I didn't touch anything.

Pyrogeek

I saw you had an upload so before starting to sim I manually imported your team and it looks like you did indeed make some offers, so I didn't touch anything.

Yes, the wifi came through and I managed to download and make some moves and upload again last night. :)

TheCrow

Well, I'm not signing my 1st rd. pick. Have fun in the 2017 draft, Brendan!

And kudos to the White Sox for taking Gattis off my hands.

So far so good but I think I might have to start using 7 day lineups since he got a start at 1st base and picked up 2 errors. :( I really only want him to get starts at C and DH.

brentech

I can't believe some of the garbage international players my scout picks up. By his own grade, this guy had like 30 potential max in a category. gtfo with that shit

So far so good but I think I might have to start using 7 day lineups since he got a start at 1st base and picked up 2 errors. :( I really only want him to get starts at C and DH.

Yeah, I seem to recall him being the worst fielder in all of GOBL in '15. He's just a black hole of suck in the field. Always hit well though. Until he didn't.

I can't believe some of the garbage international players my scout picks up. By his own grade, this guy had like 30 potential max in a category. gtfo with that shit

lmao yeah, I had one guy he discovered, and I looked at his 23 potential, and wanted to send the kid back from whence he came

speaking of which, my scout has discovered an australian prospect
complete trash

WTF are you doing in australia??? get your ass to Cuba!!

The prospect I called up to replace my injured pitcher is 1-0 with a 1.20 ERA in 2 starts. I might have to go to a 6 man rotation if he keeps this up! It seems like every one of my pitchers is always tired anyway

TheCrow

Yeah, I seem to recall him being the worst fielder in all of GOBL in '15. He's just a black hole of suck in the field. Always hit well though. Until he didn't.

I was expecting bad but not that bad. I can imagine watching the ball just fly by him. At least he's a halfway decent catcher. I'm just hoping the change in scenery will give him back his swing. Could really use either another bat off the bench or a catcher who can get some offense going. With my luck he'll just continue to suck. D:

After getting sick of seeing Appel constantly slotted at RP in AAA, I forced him to the rotation. In the three starts since, he's put up three quality starts and 23 Ks. Hope he finally gets good. I need the pitching help so badly.

I was expecting bad but not that bad. I can imagine watching the ball just fly by him. At least he's a halfway decent catcher. I'm just hoping the change in scenery will give him back his swing. Could really use either another bat off the bench or a catcher who can get some offense going. With my luck he'll just continue to suck. D:

He's not paid that poorly if you can hide his glove and he hits. Guys with track records just love to suddenly shit the bed for me. Moore's doing it now. Altuve did it last season.

2016 Season: Saturday, June 18th
Notes: We have a couple more 3 day sims left before the switch back to 7 day. Draft pick signing deadline is 7/06, but I'm sure most guys will start breaking off negotiations so it's time to make your best offer.
International FA signing will begin 7/02, so be ready look for prospects, but be aware of what it may cost you.

Washington Nationals on a 9 game winning streak.
Cincinnati Reds on a 7 game skid.

Game is still on the 15th for me. Is the new sim up or no?

Game's on the 18th for me

I ended up redownloading the league file.

I think I've had one good prospect found. The rest have been terrible prospects that I've just cut.

I've promoted at least two guys from my international complex this season alone!

But it turns out they were both interntational FAs from last year not scouting discoveries. I do have one SS my scout discovered with 40 potential and another with 34. And a first baseman with 28 according to OSA.

So yeah, nothing great.

brentech

2016 Season: June 18 - June 21
Notes: July 2 International FA Signing. July 6 Draft Pick Signing Deadline

Ready for download. I'm heading to the Indians game tonight so if there is a problem, you'll have to wait.

That was a nice sim, got some wins and a loss, but moved to first in the division!

Also....

Untitled_1.png

looooool

For yalls rotation do you do start highest rested?

Just noticed we dropped to 10th in the NL in runs, 6th is avg, and 9th in home runs. My offense is struggling lately. At least Mike Fuckulowitz is back from the DL to dominate once again

Oh and I use a 5 man strict, but occasionally highest rested rotation

I'm supposed to face Teheran next game I should've saved Archer to beat his ass

Thats what you get for not appreciating Kung Pow!

Lol

Just noticed we dropped to 10th in the NL in runs, 6th is avg, and 9th in home runs. My offense is struggling lately. At least Mike Fuckulowitz is back from the DL to dominate once again

Oh and I use a 5 man strict, but occasionally highest rested rotation

I'm supposed to face Teheran next game I should've saved Archer to beat his ass

Lol

Trumbo is available if you need the bat.

Pyrogeek

I'm crashing consistently when trying to load my online league save game. Do I need to erase it and grab it from the site again?

It was my first and forth round guys. Oh well.

Ah yeah that hurts a bit more. That's really the most unfortunate part of the auto draft. If you do the draft on your own you can see signability before picking a guy. Itd be nice if there was a way to have your scout pick guys based on that in certain rounds.

Ah yeah that hurts a bit more. That's really the most unfortunate part of the auto draft. If you do the draft on your own you can see signability before picking a guy. Itd be nice if there was a way to have your scout pick guys based on that in certain rounds.

It would've been nice if my SD had a sense of team finances so he didn't draft a first rounder who was asking for half a million more than my entire draft budget.

brentech

I'll have more time today. Going to go through and see what people have left to sign. If everyone is pretty much broken off, we'll switch back to 7 day. Been enough time to make fair offers on everyone.

Top Bottom