• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

eznark

Banned
Not sure Arizona will be able to do any deals. For some reason the game let them offer $4m more than they have available to future signees.

Since the game itself seems unable to handle this stuff we'll have to make some rules regarding spending more money than you have. Probably loss of draft picks.

Rommel

Not sure Arizona will be able to do any deals. For some reason the game let them offer $4m more than they have available to future signees.

Since the game itself seems unable to handle this stuff we'll have to make some rules regarding spending more money than you have. Probably loss of draft picks.

Not sure where you are seeing that. I'm not showing any monetary issues. I have over 12 mil to spend on the draft according to my projected budgets. And getting salary room is as easy as reducing my scouting/development budget in the upcoming years.

eznark

Banned
Not sure where you are seeing that. I'm not showing any monetary issues. I have over 12 mil to spend on the draft according to my projected budgets. And getting salary room is as easy as reducing my scouting/development budget in the upcoming years.

At bar, will look at details when I get back. Noticed it because the game wouldn't let you make trades that took on any salary.

It's a cash flow issue not a p&l issue. Can't spend more than owner gives you.

Rommel

Might be an issue with how huge of a cash flow shift I had year over year.

My attendance is up over 12k per game while my staff expenses are down 30%

Season ticket sales are also way up. I think that is making it look really funky from a year over year cash flow perspective.

That and I seem to be receiving revenue sharing this year to the tune of 3 million. Up over 4 million in season ticket revenue too.

Also I borked my cash flow last year with Vlad Jrs deal.

brentech

Simmed 4 days:
June 9th to June 12th

There was an error the first time I tried to advance so I ended up going an extra day that doesn't show up in your sim email. File is uploading now.

June 12 for me.

I also just realized today whenever we get the new update the very first thing I do is look at how many more losses my team has lol

brentech

Didn't work for me, not going to have time on vacation to fix it. Brent, sign my guys for me!

At the moment, none of your guys are available to negotiate. You have 2 1st round pitchers both demanding 6M, so I'm very curious what your initial offers were.
The one from high school is legit as fuck, but 'hard' to sign, while the other is 'very easy'.

Rommel

Once Luken Baker signs it'll be time for him to rest his arm and move to 1B. Sorry guy no more pitching for you.

Rommel

I agree that's a solid contract. Pay a bit more up front but gain the cost certainty.

Wish OOTP had a contract rating based on $/war

Wacha getting paid! Nice job making the last two years team options. What is your buyout on those?

The Wacha contract looked pretty good for a guy who's been dominating and is only 24
Thanks, I basically gave him what he wanted but just added a team option for an extra year in case something happens. He was probably going to get paid quite healthy in arbitration so figured I'd just lock him up instead. He's been a beast for a while now.

Not sure of the buyouts, didn't even look to be honest.

ryseing

:(:(:(:( Someone stop the pain.

No. Keep my slim playoff hopes alive, especially now that I have a decent rotation.

Only six back, 4.5 back of WC, and we're surging thanks to Lewis Brinson. It's happening.

Damn it, my roster file didn't go through again. Luckily we only played three games but still. Have to start my All Star ballot all over.

brentech

I'll let eznark fully decide on that as he is the head commish and rules guy (which, we don't really have - just a don't try to break shit by putting all contract money in bonuses).
I don't think it will be a big deal. He makes the team option amount in the final year of his guaranteed contract so that counts for something. It doesn't just jump the 10 mil straight to the option years.
And at 31 or whatever, if he isn't broken, I don't see why those option years wouldn't be picked up.

Damn Freeman is DTD for 5 days. My rookie is struggling in his last couple of games. But my best pitcher will be back in 3 days! Oh and I have a game and a half lead for 1st in the division!

My offense is struggling though

Damn Freeman is DTD for 5 days. My rookie is struggling in his last couple of games. But my best pitcher will be back in 3 days! Oh and I have a game and a half lead for 1st in the division!

My offense is struggling though
This means I lost some, I'm disgusted. Don't even want to look

TheCrow

I wish I could keep playing the Angels. The series sweep in the beginning of June was what propelled the White Sox from a rather disappointing start. Well, finally having a healthy team also helped.

brentech

3-0 sim.
Signed three good pitching prospects...

oJTFrOh.gif

Pyrogeek

Just once I'll stay at a hotel that has a somewhat decent wifi connection.

I won't be able to update my Nationals until Saturday as a heads-up. I'll likely lose my signings in that time. Bah.

Top Bottom