• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

I only went through like 6 teams and saw too many pending offers out there. Sticking with 3 days sims. Not screwing anyone over when they're actually doing the work.

eznark

Banned
You could do two sims. One now, one tonight around 11. I'm heading home today. Assuming I survive the 8 hour drive with a two and four year old I'll be back tomorrow.

ryseing

If any AL teams need a DH Beltre is hitting really well. Don't have space for him due to his lack of defense (Fielder is my DH). He's on an expiring contract, which I'll cover the rest of in exchange for an upper tier prospect. If you want to cover the rest I'll settle for a mid tier one.

brentech

You could do two sims. One now, one tonight around 11. I'm heading home today. Assuming I survive the 8 hour drive with a two and four year old I'll be back tomorrow.
Done

Simulation: 3 Days
2016 Season: June 21 - June 24
Notes: July 2 International FA Signing. July 6 Draft Pick Signing Deadline

Fuckkkkkkk. I lost one of SPs for 4 months. There goes the A:L top team Starter ERA. Time to promote Cody Anderson an see if he can get as lucky as his real life self.

NGO9gEO.png

Team living off pitching and defense.

Does anyone know any specifics behind impact of coaches? Since firing Bush and hiring Carney Lansford as my hitting coach my average has noticeably improved. Not sure how much of that is small sample size and how much can be attributed to coaching change.

Anyone else change coaches and see noticeable change in related category?

Daaaamn Hyun Jin Ryu perfect game

My team played like shit this sim

Oh shit, gulf coast/dominican league and short seasons leagues begin now!

Done

2016 Season: June 21 - June 24

Fuckkkkkkk. I lost one of SPs for 4 months. There goes the A:L top team Starter ERA. Time to promote Cody Anderson an see if he can get as lucky as his real life self.

NGO9gEO.png

Team living off pitching and defense.

My pitching numbers are even more impressive considering I'm like 12th in defensive efficiency. I think every guy in my bullpen is striking out 10+ batters per 9 innings.

brentech

2016 Season: June 24 - June 27

Some big injuries this sim.

The top 4 base stealers in the GOBL have sub .330 OBPs.

Jose Bautista has an OBP 150 points higher than his batting average.

Greg Bird of the Yankees has played in 59 games and struck out 66 times.

Fernando Rodney is 6th in the AL in saves, striking out 13 per 9 and has a negative WAR.

Yasiel Puig is on pace for 11.6 WAR.

Amazing:
lStjis5.png

And Indians SP Cody Anderson making his GOBL debute pitchings 9 innings giving up 2 runs in a 9-2 win. phew

"Speaking through his translator"

LOL

Is there a tiny, surprisingly old Dominican man hiding inside that guy from South Carolina?

And Puig looking like a legit triple crown threat.

eznark

Banned
WTF at Kolten Wong

11/5 OSA had him as like a 60 player now they have him as an 80 player. Already 2x total WAR from last season. Slugging .563 after two sub .400 seasons. His BABIP is high but not out of the ordinary given his power numbers.

Bizarre trajectory. Every number from last year is essentially doubled. He is under league investigation.

That the D-Backs got all those draft picks in the season that they're running roughshod over the league just doesn't feel fair. I'm jealous.

Man, Dee Gordon goes off in his limited playing time. Unfortunately I have my young power hitting second baseman who's been tearing it up, and Gordon sucks too much at shortstop for me to trust him there. but he somehow has 13 stolen bases and has only started in 18 games this year, wow

I might give this a shot though, ugh

brentech

I just put CF prospects, 25 and 26 yo, Tyler Naquin and James Ramsey on the block.
Too many outfielders on my AAA roster and I want to get the guys that have the stats I'm looking for on the field.

Rommel

WTF at Kolten Wong

11/5 OSA had him as like a 60 player now they have him as an 80 player. Already 2x total WAR from last season. Slugging .563 after two sub .400 seasons. His BABIP is high but not out of the ordinary given his power numbers.

Bizarre trajectory. Every number from last year is essentially doubled. He is under league investigation.

My scout always had him at an 80. He was also injured last year, I'm not sure if that would have had anything to do with it. I've learned to always trust my scout when it comes to bats. He still hates all pitchers not at the very upper echelon. Makes it a pain in the ass when drafting.

ayLpIfT.png

Can't forget that Adams is on pace for 4.4 WAR himself. That bump he got in contact rating is really doing him some good.

He has never seen an 80 pitching prospect

Rommel

Your scout jumped him from 71 to 80 based on 2 months, despite coming off a down offensive year. Seems bizarre.

Which is weird because if I look at the scouting reports on this tab it tells a different story.

Of course I think I traded for Wong while I still had my old scout. That might be the difference there.

Also, teams in playoff runs who need pitchers and have prospects - Matt Moore is still on the table. I've had discussions with at least one contender, but I'm sure there's another guy out there who would like an upgrade* - I don't necessarily want to deal him to the first guy who answered the call without seeing what the market has in store.

*Sorry Marlins, you don't have the prospects.

eznark

Banned
One of the best young bullpen arms in the league is available for a prospect. Looking to move Jeffress and pretty much anyone else who is on a real contract.

Top Bottom