• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Welp, the odds aren't looking to good for the Oakland Athletics.

Backs against the wall. Hope hanging by a thread.

Let's roll.

I

I believe

I believe that we

I believe that we will win

Rommel

Let's roll.

I

I believe

I believe that we

Someone finally beat Kershaw... yeash... don't let the robo's win!

brentech

Let's roll.

I

I believe

I believe that we

You won game 5, score of 2-0.

Do you remember who you wanted to pitch game 6, just want to make sure.
Day of game 6:
Kendall Graveman is set to pitch. 100% rested against Zack Greinke
Jesse Hahn @ 62% rested

If there is a game 7, it says Sonny Gray should pitch again, currently. @ 37% That game would be the next day so he will probably be 60 some % or maybe a bit more?

You won game 5, score of 2-0.

Do you remember who you wanted to pitch game 6, just want to make sure.
Day of game 6:
Kendall Graveman is set to pitch. 100% rested against Zack Greinke
Jesse Hahn @ 62% rested

If there is a game 7, it says Sonny Gray should pitch again, currently. @ 37% That game would be the next day so he will probably be 60 some % or maybe a bit more?

Yep, Graveman is my hope for Game 6. (Weirder things than Graveman beating Greinke have happened, surely?!?)
Sonny Gray pitches until his arm falls off in Game7.

Thank you sir!

brentech

Game 6 went into the 13th innning. Also had a 70 minute rain delay in the 2nd inning.
G2IjjIP.png

Graveman and Greinke both pitched 8 innings and both gave up 1 run (Graveman off 4 hits, Greinke 8 hits).

Clippard drew the loss giving up 3 hits, a walk, and ER.

WS MVP: SS Corey Seager

brentech

Your game needs to be updated.
---------
Sim to first day of off season (NOV 9). You need to decide on your team options and look into who you might be negotiating/arbitrating with.

Sorry I kind of checked out once I was eliminated, how much time do I have before the next vance dance? It looks like we updated a bit earlier today but I just wanted to be absolutely sure.

You win this time, computers.

Thanks for doing the sims and the updates! On to 2017!

EDIT: Can't expect to win the World Series with a guy hitting cleanup that goes 0 for 6 with 3 Ks leaving 6 men on base. Come the f on, Billy Butler.

brentech

Sorry I kind of checked out once I was eliminated, how much time do I have before the next vance dance? It looks like we updated a bit earlier today but I just wanted to be absolutely sure.
Won't sim again till tomorrow. Give everyone time to do their early offseason work.

Sounds good, I got lots of coaches I've got to hire. And then I need to tell Mike Morse that I'm only willing to pay him in pennies

Wow, what an epic deciding game of the Series. Can't imagine how tense that would have been in the late/extra innings. People's heads would've been popping. :p

Nice season again. Looking forward to GOBL year 3!

ryseing

The dangers of the QO are real.

And DeShields is still on my 40 man. Please change as I need to make some room before Rule 5.

brentech

Probably do a 7 day sim today. Would prefer more people got their exports done but maybe they want to try moving a a player before deciding on picking up options.

I can't decide on the future of the Indians. My window may have closed with my position players, but who knows. I have a couple good young guys to build around, but I think I need more....Kluber, Kipnis, Brantley.....might be becoming available.

Agh sorry about that, I will be hopping onto OOTP very shortly if you haven't already advanced

Although I don't think I had any options to pick up when I was glancing last night. Just arbitration and coaches to hire and I was spooked by the arbitration stuff.

brentech

Agh sorry about that, I will be hopping onto OOTP very shortly if you haven't already advanced

Although I don't think I had any options to pick up when I was glancing last night. Just arbitration and coaches to hire and I was spooked by the arbitration stuff.

Generally will never sim before 4:30 eastern. Just some special circumstances around the world series.

brentech

Both my OOTP leagues got fucked up by a server update which screwed up some files. Fucking IT guys

I had this weird bug from about 3/4 season until the offseason started, that every time I loaded the game or simulated, I had an email generated by my new owner saying my goals would change. For some reason, this was tied to me not being able to use the automator to sim so I had to sim day by day.

It screwed both my desktop and my laptop over. I tried everything, but it's all good now that it hit offseason, because why not!

Probably do a 7 day sim today. Would prefer more people got their exports done but maybe they want to try moving a a player before deciding on picking up options.

I can't decide on the future of the Indians. My window may have closed with my position players, but who knows. I have a couple good young guys to build around, but I think I need more....Kluber, Kipnis, Brantley.....might be becoming available.

What time are you doing the sim today? I'll be home by 5 pm Pacific and can do a quick upload. I forgot to push it last night.

If not I don't think its a big deal since its only 7 days.

MY assistant GM retired. My owner said I could increase my player payroll too around 130 mil! I just hope Quentin doesn't call my bluff or most of that is already gone

My player payroll goes from 80.5 to....85.5.

WOOOOOOOOOO

Loria is 75. Can't he just...stop owning my team one way or the other?

I was over the moon when I was just given $100m. Couldn't believe I could hit three figures.

Its good to get over that hump because I have a feeling that all scouts are fucking garbage in this game so you either A.) get lucky in the draft with all of your drafted guys at 20/20 and one miraculously becomes a 40 or higher or B.) overpay someone in FA.

I'm back to 120. Owner takes in the profits last year and isn't putting much more back into the team.

Just shows what a f'ing joke revenue sharing is.

Owners just take all that money (especially Miami) and stuff it right in their pockets.

Another abomination instituted by that scum Selig.

Top Bottom