• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Trying to get this working on my POS laptop, I got to the settings part and this is what happened

Right click gobl_settings.zip -> 7zip -> EXTRACT HERE
This should extract the files directly into the folder. Allow the files to overwrite if needed. There should be 6 files inside the \settings\ folder now.
But I have 3 files. Hopefully it still works, we'll see after OOTP decides to finally boot up lol

brentech

Trying to get this working on my POS laptop, I got to the settings part and this is what happened

But I have 3 files. Hopefully it still works, we'll see after OOTP decides to finally boot up lol

yeah, I should re-word that, I remade it later with just the files needed

Gotcha, should be ok then. Can't wait to see how the Jose Urena debut went

"the game is loading" a message I've seen for 5 minutes now, happened last night too and eventually booted. Damn does this program eat up resources!!

This net book is hot trash

ooo international free agents!

I'm too poor to get any :(

looks like urena's debut was shaky, started nervous, but got a win thanks to run support. second game, no runs allowed in 7.1 innings. watch out league!!!

There's a 6'7" 16 year old IFA named Tony Romo. He only has 21 potential but 80 power potential!

the new mike reynolds!

so what do people if you have an OK 29 year old first baseman who's spent the season on the DL, and the guy you called up has been playing well but not lighting the world on fire?

Just jumped my #4 prospect from Short Season A to AA at the advice of my scouts, should be interesting. He was my first round draft pick in the first draft.

Brendan Rodgers signed with the Blue Jays for a bonus of almost $7 million.

Other notes about the first draft class, it looks like Ian Happ is at AAA which I think makes him the guy to rise the highest so far.

Kolby Allard is on his third arm injury.

Was there somewhere that you were able to track that specific info, like players drafted in 2015 or what not?

I made in game lists of all the guys taken in the first round of the 2015 and 2016 drafts, as well as my own draft classes. I didn't track the entire draft classes for the rest of the league though. The short lists feature is kind of cool, if a pain to setup sometimes.

brentech

Sim: 7/02/17 - 7/09/17
Please note that many manager and coach positions are probably expiring this season. I just got a message including 19 managers that will be leaving if I do not resign them.

I made in game lists of all the guys taken in the first round of the 2015 and 2016 drafts, as well as my own draft classes. I didn't track the entire draft classes for the rest of the league though. The short lists feature is kind of cool, if a pain to setup sometimes.

Figured it was something like that.

Sim: 7/02/17 - 7/09/17
Please note that many manager and coach positions are probably expiring this season. I just got a message including 19 managers that will be leaving if I do not resign them.

Figured it was something like that.

Game says no update, does it take awhile?

brentech

I offered a guy 5.5 and he took 5.6 from Cinci
cry.gif

My scout had Cristan Manga as the best pitcher with 78 potential. I offered him like 3.2 million and he signed with Toronto for 3.2 mil. I hate IFA I never sign anybody

I don't even bother with free agents of any kind lol
how does one acquire a power hitter when given 600K to spend?

"I love it when you put in effort to satisfy the goals that I set out for you. That's why it's so disappointed to see your completely ignoring my request to acquire a power hitter. Make an effort in this goal, or the next thing you may need spend effort on is updating your CV."

Those typos are actually in the game. Loria doesn't know English!

I don't even bother with free agents of any kind lol
how does one acquire a power hitter when given 600K to spend?

"I love it when you put in effort to satisfy the goals that I set out for you. That's why it's so disappointed to see your completely ignoring my request to acquire a power hitter. Make an effort in this goal, or the next thing you may need spend effort on is updating your CV."

Those typos are actually in the game. Loria doesn't know English!

I don't think the word "disappointed" is a typo. I'm pretty sure the word "my" is the error, and should be "its'".

He refers to himself as it. He's like the crazy Silence of the Lambs dude except towards himself.

mqdefault.jpg

:p

brentech

Did you just update?

I exported within the last 30 mins.
No, you're good. You got the new update, it was 2 hours ago
I normally try to leave a message saying when the update has completed, but I walked out of the room and totally forgot I had the game processing. Just wanted to give people a heads up that it's available.

brentech

Fuckkkkk me.
#2 SP Trevor Bauer injured for 7 weeks (1st in AL SP voting)
LF Michael Brantley injured for 4 months.

That's a rough sim. Brantley confirmed to be made of plastic. Probably uses his brother as a trainer in off-season or some dumb ass shit.

Shelby Miller isn't on the AS team?! He only leads the league in wins, ERA, strikeouts, hits per 9, k's per 9, k's per walk, opponents avg, and WHIP....

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Team is going down the tubes quickly. May have to enter full-on rebuild mode soon, Cahill's demanding a trade lol.

brentech

Player-CPU Trades:
Player requests trade per the usual.
To start, I'm not going to say how often you can trade with CPU teams, but if I get too many requests from any one person, there may come a hard limit. There also won't be an official vote by the league to save time, but I'd prefer anyone chime in with their concerns (particularly if they don't play in the same division).
I really don't want to make the whole process so drawn out, but I don't want CPU trades abused. For the same reason, they won't be processed as quickly as player-player trades.
--------------------------

Player Team sends:
1B John Smith (League)
CF Bob Brown (League)

CPU Team sends:
C Bill Hodge (League)

Summary: Explanation of why you're trying to make this trade with the CPU. Mainly, what does it provide for the CPU. (This is required mostly to prevent people from attempting a trade at every chance that they can.)

There may be some growing pains with the processing of the first trades with CPU, but hopefully not with the virtue of the trades themselves. I welcome other people's input as to whether the trade should be made. Player-CPU trades just need to be made available as we're running at about 50% capacity and the CPU teams are able to trade between themselves freely right now.

Rommel

I guess I'll get my CPU trade offer in and get this ball rolling.

CPU Trade:

Arizona Sends:
SP Patrick Corbin (ML)
RF Domingo Santana (AAA)
C Thomas Dillard (R)

Reds send:
LF Jesse Winker

This gives the Reds a controllable low cost Ace, a replacement for Winker who needs a change of scenery and a top prospect.

brentech

I guess I'll get my CPU trade offer in and get this ball rolling.

CPU Trade:

Arizona Sends:
SP Patrick Corbin (ML)
RF Domingo Santana (AAA)
C Thomas Dillard (R)

Reds send:
LF Jesse Winker

This gives the Reds a controllable low cost Ace, a replacement for Winker who needs a change of scenery and a top prospect.
"Cincinnati cannot afford the contracts of the offered players. They would be over budget for this year. Their available funds for this season would drop by 2.5M to a total of -$16.8M."
So that one is a no go regardless of a fair trade.
I didn't go through their whole minor league system, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be a good trade for them either. An upgrade in ability at SP, but not performance.

I was about to reiterate my desire to ship Marisnick, but he had to go and get hurt, the lousy bastard.

I still need SP though, if anyone's selling.

Player-CPU Trades:
Player requests trade per the usual.
To start, I'm not going to say how often you can trade with CPU teams, but if I get too many requests from any one person, there may come a hard limit. There also won't be an official vote by the league to save time, but I'd prefer anyone chime in with their concerns (particularly if they don't play in the same division).
I really don't want to make the whole process so drawn out, but I don't want CPU trades abused. For the same reason, they won't be processed as quickly as player-player trades.

Player Team sends:
1B John Smith (League)
CF Bob Brown (League)

CPU Team sends:
C Bill Hodge (League)

Summary: Explanation of why you're trying to make this trade with the CPU. Mainly, what does it provide for the CPU. (This is required mostly to prevent people from attempting a trade at every chance that they can.)

There may be some growing pains with the processing of the first trades with CPU, but hopefully not with the virtue of the trades themselves. I welcome other people's input as to whether the trade should be made. Player-CPU trades just need to be made available as we're running at about 50% capacity and the CPU teams are able to trade between themselves freely right now.

I like your ideas. If I may offer an opinion. I know you don't want an entire league vote, which makes sense to me too.

My only suggestion is that you or ez as commissioner make an initial ruling. After that, the league member proposing the trade is allowed a single appeal- if they so desire- in which 3 random and anonymous league members are chosen to chime in on the trade. (again just via a back and forth with you/ez, in an anonymous fashion-PMs) If 100% (3/3) approve the trade, they would win the appeal and the trade would go through, otherwise, the trade is dead.

Just an idea. I know getting an entire league vote would be too much, but this may be a compromise, in the interest of a consensus of sorts.

Top Bottom