• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

Remember, Player to CPU trades are available, but you have to do the leg work and make good offers. Still willing to run 'Shop a player', but can only do 3 per sim because, well, it's OOTP.

My outfield defense was beginning to scare me, with this I'll be able to sleep soundly. Corbin was made redundant by a number of starters which were coming up and was needed to balance out the salary with Kiermaier. Rosario was a tough piece to move but he was blocked at his most valuable position of 2B, same with Lindsey.

I'm surprised you're moving Rosario already, but I moved him because I didn't want to use him @ 2B because of a group of guys in the pipeline and I wasn't in love with him at the position either. Also, I definitely didn't want to play him in Left. Granted, he's not horrible, but not rangy enough and too weak of an arm for my tastes. Still a good player though, if great defense isn't a priority.

Rommel

I'm surprised you're moving Rosario already, but I moved him because I didn't want to use him @ 2B because of a group of guys in the pipeline and I wasn't in love with him at the position either. Also, I definitely didn't want to play him in Left. Granted, he's not horrible, but not rangy enough and too weak of an arm for my tastes. Still a good player though, if great defense isn't a priority.

Yah I wasn't planning on it but when the chance came to keep a similar level of offensive performance while improving the defense I had to take it.

Remember, Player to CPU trades are available, but you have to do the leg work and make good offers. Still willing to run 'Shop a player', but can only do 3 per sim because, well, it's OOTP.

Can you shop Brad Miller for me? I'm starting to think there are no good matches but I'd be curious to see if the AI feels different.

brentech

Alright, 2 trades processed, doing a short 3 day sim leaving one more day of the Winter Meetings. From here out, 7 day sims per usual up to Spring Training I believe....I can't look while automator is running to see if any other events get in a the way.

League file available in 5-10min

Can you try Alex Gordon again? I dont think we ever tried again after the other day when it didn't work.

my top six prospects got drafted in rule 5. fuck

That does suck!

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally wouldn't be opposed to ez at least getting partial relief on the Braun contract, in the way of compensation, so he could be more active in free agency going forward in an effort to rebuild. Or something else. Maybe I'm alone on this, and I know we're all responsible for taking care of our own business, but losing your top 6 prospects is a strong kick in the junk.

I certainly wouldn't want a league member to lose interest because of a situation like this. We spend a decent amount of time (I assume :p) trying to build our teams, and losing so much at once would probably take the air out of the balloon for most of us.

brentech

7 Day sim is available.

Cleveland has decided to fire the head of scouting and signed up Mr. Mike Elias for the role. He recently worked for the Astros and currently hates every player in my minor league system.
I think it was the right choice.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd be interested to see if either Dan Otero or Starling Marte get any love from the CPU trade market.

EDIT: Thanks for checking! I want to make deals, but all I have to trade are rocks.

All for whatever gets ez some of his guys back that he didn't mean to be in the rule 5.

brentech

Waiting a little later for today's sim.

I take note of you guys mentioning doing something for eznark's loss of players in rule 5 while he wasn't able to update. He hasn't responded to any of it in here or to me.

My thought would be to return the few players the CPU got from him (I think Philly took 2) so none of you are effected, along with returning the player I took. I wish I had just asked the day after, but I didn't know he was totally unable load up. I'd rather go this route than remove Braun from existence.
Obviously the best case scenario would have been to immediately backup to before the rule 5, but I stopped doing daily backups a long time ago and that's my bad.

I'd like your feedback, and I'm still waiting to hear back if eznark would be okay with it, because I can see him saying he'll just deal with it.
If you wouldn't mind, I'd be interested to see if either Dan Otero or Starling Marte get any love from the CPU trade market.
No interest in Otero....not seeing Marte on your roster. nvm, found him, but no interest

eznark

Banned
Issue was mine, so there shouldn't be a huge rush to save me from my own idiocy. November is a busy month!

Anyway, I'm fine taking back some CPU drafted players. Do not touch Braun's contract. Or neither option is fine too. Like I said, it's my fuckup. The one guy that really should not have been available was returned.

brentech

Alright, so I controlled the Phillies and released the two players they got from the Brewers. This appropriately sent them back to the team.

Right now I'm uploading a 5 day sim. This brings us to the day of 'preseason begins'. I don't think anything relevant happens here, but I thought I would stop and make sure.

Nick Tepesch apparently underwent an experimental eye surgery.
----

I will probably sim again at the normal 4-5pm mark for 14 days. Then tomorrow will be 16 days or whatever is needed to get us to Spring Training Begins.

Top Bottom