• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Hoby_Milner_Reading_Fightin_Phils_smexk5y5_0un2djdx.jpg

Pitches for Reading now. So he is currently in the Phillies system. He must have been dumped out at some point but then HAD HIS REVENGE. Good stuff.

1.3 WHIP, 289 K, 419 MILB innings. CRAFTY LEFTHANDER

Also...

th

Or I read it wrong and he pitched the no hitter for the Phillies. Yeah he threw the nono against the Mets. Looks like he had two of his best starts against the Mets.

Some solid talent in the Rule 5 again. Don't think I'm going to get three guys like last season, but there's some nice stuff nonetheless.

Rommel

My rule 5 picks are in!

1.3 WAR from my 2015 rule 5 pick
5.0 WAR from my 2 2016 rule 5 picks...

Time to keep the streak alive!

Some solid talent in the Rule 5 again. Don't think I'm going to get three guys like last season, but there's some nice stuff nonetheless.

Yeah, I'm just hoping to get 1 player. Although, there are quite a few guys whose potential makes them worth picking up, but I can't afford a year-long roster spot on their future up-side.

My rule 5 picks are in!

1.3 WAR from my 2015 rule 5 pick
5.0 WAR from my 2 2016 rule 5 picks...

Time to keep the streak alive!

Dang, I'm only 3.3 WAR from my 2016 picks. First you win the Series, and now THIS! :p

brentech

I feel bad. Eznark hasn't been able to get into the game lately and his team is about to get torn apart from young but MLB ready talent.

brentech

I just ran the Rule 5 draft and the game is updating now.
Awesome, thanks! RF Chris Parmelee and 2B Ryan Flaherty would have both been let go.
I have to leave for the evening, but I forgot to run this with the sim. I will do a second update tonight without advancing and take care of this.

Well was hoping to get a couple more guys, but I'll settle for just Moran. He immediately slots in at DH for me, will likely bat 2nd in my line-ups, and can hold down 3B if anything happens to Machado. Not too shabby. I'd like a 2B and a corner OF, but my line-up is pretty close to being set.

brentech

Awesome, thanks! RF Chris Parmelee and 2B Ryan Flaherty would have both been let go.

They have both been removed from your team and you now have 5M less player payroll, and some free agent money.
Update is going up right now, that is the only thing that happened in it. I imported everyone's files to make sure nothing was lost if you made changes after the draft.

I downloaded both in game and from the website and I'm still stuck on the day before the Rule 5 draft. Ugh.
Good ol OOTP

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I forget if you want to return a player you got in rule 5 do you just release the guy or do you have to leave a message in here (so he properly goes back to the old team)

Think I claimed 1-2 guys too many lol :(

brentech

I forget if you want to return a player you got in rule 5 do you just release the guy or do you have to leave a message in here (so he properly goes back to the old team)

Think I claimed 1-2 guys too many lol :(
Will be a good time to find out. You SHOULD be able to release them. The game should then offer them back to the original team.

Leave a note here when you do and we'll see if it works.

eznark

Banned
lol what Colin Moran got drafted in the Rule 5? Not only was he on my 40 man he was on my active roster for the last 1+ years.

I think that does it for me this year.

Well was hoping to get a couple more guys, but I'll settle for just Moran. He immediately slots in at DH for me, will likely bat 2nd in my line-ups, and can hold down 3B if anything happens to Machado. Not too shabby. I'd like a 2B and a corner OF, but my line-up is pretty close to being set.

Moran shouldn't have even been Rule 5 eligible. I don't understand how that even happened.

brentech

I saw he had MLB time and wondered. Will be fixed.
There was at least one player this happened to in last years Rule 5 as well.

eznark

Banned
He was on my team all last year. Only reason he didn't start every game is an injury.

I don't know why he would've been off my 40 man, much less my active.

brentech

He was on my team all last year. Only reason he didn't start every game is an injury.

I don't know why he would've been off my 40 man, much less my active.

I knew he had ML time, but I also just checked the website and he won awards and was a All-Star selection.

OOTP does a lot of things right, but we seem to come across the same little problems around the Rule 5 each time. always a couple players that need moved back.

brentech

Hope you understand why the Colin Moran has to be returned Balitmore. Just one of those OOTP bugs we've been experiencing with the draft. You didn't do anything wrong, just the game.

No one else has spoken up yet, so I'm assuming that is the only player this season.
Simming forward 7 days (still early free agency, but after this sim you'll probably want to get to your max offers out there).

Dangit STL, you stole that Taiwanese RF out from under me. My scout loved him.

Edit: I offered Kuang-yin 1.2 and I think you were 1.3. That'll teach my cheap ass!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If anyone is interested in Steven Souza or Rob Kral let me know.

Looking for a pretty okay SP or 2B in return, preferably one not too expensive.

Rommel

Geez I got all my buy low targets. I'm doubtful on Brantley staying healthy for a full year but with a 2 year contract with a team option for the 2nd year I'm willing to take that risk.

brentech

I almost made him an offer, but being the one that had him on DL the majority of the last 2 seasons, I had a hard time thinking positive about him.

Rommel

I almost made him an offer, but being the one that had him on DL the majority of the last 2 seasons, I had a hard time thinking positive about him.

Yah that's kind of how I feel about Corbin right now. I feel like I stole Pineda at 1.2 mil a year AAV, I think getting him out of Yankee stadium to a park that suppresses HR's will do wonders.

Sanjuro

Sorry guys. I've been a bit awol since the end of last season and starting work in real life and such. I'll hop back in today or tomorrow

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fans actually upset I let Jose Altuve go... dude put up 1 WAR for me over the last 2 seasons combined. Haven't been this disappointed in Rays fans since

HxnW7yh.gif

brentech

My fans are super pissed about losing Brantley who played 103 games over the last 2 seasons.
And upset about Carlos Santana going as well. I offered him a 23M deal, but just a one year with 1 year option. He accepted a 5 years 17.4M/y

Fans actually upset I let Jose Altuve go... dude put up 1 WAR for me over the last 2 seasons combined. Haven't been this disappointed in Rays fans since

HxnW7yh.gif

Shame that trade didn't work out on your end. I got over 11 WAR in '17 from players I got in that trade or the Moore trade with CLE. Meanwhile, Altuve just withered and died.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
In addition to Souza + Kral being available I'd be open to trading either Kevin Kiermaier or Mikie Mahtook although the price is going to be higher on those guys. Looking for a young solid 2B / SP as the core piece

RP Darren O'Day is available from BAL. Pretty solid track record, but a little old and a last place team doesn't need to spend 5 mil on a set-up guy. Not looking for a whole lot in return. Could use any type of pitching prospect, maybe a 2nd baseman. Really, I'll listen to all offers. Would like to move him in the next couple of sims.

HxnW7yh.gif

I picked him up and my fan interest went up noticeably. I figured a change of scenery may do him some good and I want to sell some tickets. We'll see.

Edit: Something, something buy low, sell high.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rays Send:

Mikie Mahtook (MLB)
Kevin Kiermaier (MLB)

Diamondbacks Send:

Eddie Rosario (MLB)
Taylor Lindsey (MLB)
Patrick Corbin (MLB)
Andrew Chafin (AAA)

Really can't afford Kiemaier's future contract demands, also dont feel comfortable breaking the bank for a guy who has missed 6+ weeks each season (and 4 months last year). Get back 4 guys my scouts absolutely love (2 near 80 rated guys) and really needed good SP as well. Also feel good about my OF depth in general and had a really big need for a 2B.

Rommel

My outfield defense was beginning to scare me, with this I'll be able to sleep soundly. Corbin was made redundant by a number of starters which were coming up and was needed to balance out the salary with Kiermaier. Rosario was a tough piece to move but he was blocked at his most valuable position of 2B, same with Lindsey.

I confirm.

Rays Send:

Mikie Mahtook (MLB)
Kevin Kiermaier (MLB)

Diamondbacks Send:

Eddie Rosario (MLB)
Taylor Lindsey (MLB)
Patrick Corbn (MLB)
Andrew Chafin (AAA)

Top Bottom