• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Seattle is down to 25. Had to change what I wanted to start the year with because AJax got hurt and DJ Peterson is out of options. Dan Vogelbach who was one of my best hitters last year starts the year in AAA.

In the player editor, unlike the Buxton contract, Gordon's isn't listed as an extension at this point. Shows up under salary data, which does actually give me the option to check on and off option years.
What it doesn't do like the Buxton contract is allow me to 0 out the amount of years on the contract, so it kind of scares me to change that one outside of removing the option.

Well, just let me know what you're going to do, if anything.

25 man roster is ready to go.

Hope we have another exciting season.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
*****ADJUST ACTIVE ROSTER TO 25 PLAYERS*****

7 Day Sim is available.
This takes us 7 days from Opening Day. Because I expect a few people to not have their rosters cut to 25, I'll probably sim to opening day tomorrow, and likely have to use a 0 day sim the day after so everyone can get their team put together.

*****ADJUST ACTIVE ROSTER TO 25 PLAYERS*****

Shit, I won't be able to update until tonight PST, my team's definitely over.

brentech

UPDATE
I'll sim to the day before Opening Day today. Tomorrow will be a one day sim to Opening Day.

Beyond that, if your team isn't down to 25, I will be forced to have the AI adjust all rosters on any team not at 25 active so we can move along.
Well, just let me know what you're going to do, if anything.

25 man roster is ready to go.

Hope we have another exciting season.
Because the final year of that contract leaves him at 29, I'm willing to leave the contract as is. Potentially, it does save you from an injury, but I think at that age he could still have a big free agency if you don't pick up that year.

Didn't have any difficult decisions to get down to 25. Cabrera is going to start the season at 2B, with Guillorme a defensive replacement and getting a start or two a week at SS, with Schoop moving to 2B. Palma's injury let Brentz make the roster. My top prospect Ryan Kellogg didn't win a spot in the rotation. He'll probably be back up soon if he pitches well at AAA or a pitcher gets hurt. He might even be a trade piece, I'm not sure.

Cosart with another partially torn labrum, out half the year, Christian Yelich with a strained forearm, out 2 months

Already off to a great start!

Because the final year of that contract leaves him at 29, I'm willing to leave the contract as is. Potentially, it does save you from an injury, but I think at that age he could still have a big free agency if you don't pick up that year.

Alrighty then.

Didn't have any difficult decisions to get down to 25. Cabrera is going to start the season at 2B, with Guillorme a defensive replacement and getting a start or two a week at SS, with Schoop moving to 2B. Palma's injury let Brentz make the roster. My top prospect Ryan Kellogg didn't win a spot in the rotation. He'll probably be back up soon if he pitches well at AAA or a pitcher gets hurt. He might even be a trade piece, I'm not sure.

I've been meaning to mention this, as I've seen you mention Guillorme a couple of times. I didn't want to lose him, and I thought I could get him through waivers because of his lack of hitting ability, but you took him. I wanted to keep him as a defensive sub myself, but I couldn't juggle my 40 man without letting someone go, and it had to be him. I REALLY did not expect him to be picked up. Hopefully he performs well for you.

I picked him up in a trade with the Mets a couple seasons ago. Oswaldo Arcia for Noah Syndergaard and Guillorme was a throw in.

Alrighty then.

I've been meaning to mention this, as I've seen you mention Guillorme a couple of times. I didn't want to lose him, and I thought I could get him through waivers because of his lack of hitting ability, but you took him. I wanted to keep him as a defensive sub myself, but I couldn't juggle my 40 man without letting someone go, and it had to be him. I REALLY did not expect him to be picked up. Hopefully he performs well for you.

I picked him up in a trade with the Mets a couple seasons ago. Oswaldo Arcia for Noah Syndergaard and Guillorme was a throw in.

My team was just so devoid of talent that I had the space to bring in a lot of guys on waivers. I thought really hard about bringing in Andrelton Simmons, and when I saw Guillorme on waivers I figured he'd be a good cheap version of him, with elite defense. My scout liked his bat okay, but I figure as long as he's not under .200 he'll at least be a great back-up. Might not workout, but gives me something to get excited about.

Really excited for this next season. My team is so young that I think they could be good and competitive for years if the OOTP gods smile on me.

brentech

***** GET YOUR ACTIVE ROSTER TO 25 PLAYERS *****

Tomorrow we sim 1 day putting us on the day the season opens, you can still use tonight and tomorrow morning to cut down to 25 safely.

***** GET YOUR ACTIVE ROSTER TO 25 PLAYERS *****

Cleveland's pitching demotions didn't require too much thought as a couple guys played really poor in spring training. The hitters were a pain staking process. Particularly in the outfield where I had to demote 4 of my 9 guys that were vying for a role.

Tough cuts, man. Tough cuts. Some of the hardest virtual conversations with fake baseball players three years from now that I'll ever have. I'll never forget when Josh Reddick... well I'll forget Josh Reddick. Someday. I hope.

brentech

Tough cuts, man. Tough cuts. Some of the hardest virtual conversations with fake baseball players three years from now that I'll ever have. I'll never forget when Josh Reddick... well I'll forget Josh Reddick. Someday. I hope.

I feel ya. Some young out fielders I really wanted to keep on the 25, but their spring training was garbage. they'll get called up if injuries happen though. so they'll get called up.

Woo! looks looked great in Spring Training. Hoping my SP can finally all pitch well at the same time and we can go far. Arcia destroyed in Spring Training. hopefully he stays healthy. Im feeling good about this team. lets go Mets!

brentech

Red Sox (nov 28)
Angels (nov 5)
Marlins
Brewers

These teams are over 25 players on the active. Don't face the AI complete organization setup. Red Sox has said he may not be around, but still playing, Angels might be gone.

brentech

Was there no league file update?

Red Sox (nov 28)
Angels (nov 5)
Marlins
Brewers

These teams are over 25 players on the active. Don't face the AI complete organization setup. Red Sox has said he may not be around, but still playing, Angels might be gone.
Just waiting on ph33 and eznark, because I know they are actually around. I think Sanjuro only updates when he can, and the Duff might be gone.

Just waiting on ph33 and eznark, because I know they are actually around. I think Sanjuro only updates when he can, and the Duff might be gone.

Earlier today I asked the AI to set up everything and it trimmed to 25, and I did this in case I ended up not having time (Although I guess the sim would have forced that on me) since I thought I'd have tonight/tomorrow morning to deal

I've had a really busy week between going out of town and playing the music of Jesus all week, and haven't been able to sit my ass down and put everything in the order i want. although those are really excuses and I could have done this instead of play pro-AM in my free time. if we are waiting to sim the first week of the regular season let me know and I'll take care of that ASAP tonight

Pre-season picks have the Twins about where I expect this year. I'm hoping for .500, and the pick is 84-78. I think it's reasonable, barring injuries. On the other hand, some good fortune could have us challenge for the post-season.

We're in a pretty good spot with some young talent that is ready to really shine, a few really good prospects, and some significant money coming. We're targeting 2019 or 2020 to really make a strong push. Of course, the best-laid plans...

Would it be cool if we didn't advance until like 3:30-4 CT? I'm just real busy this morning till I can start operating on my stuff around 3 PM, but if I'm holding things hostage go ahead and advance. My team is down to 25 but I wanted to customize my lineups for all my clubs and make sure minors guys are with the right squad

Sanjuro

I really wish this game had a mobile variant worth a lick of salt. Love this game, but I've just been primarily mobile so frequently lately it's killing me.

Maybe I'll see up a mobile desktop access or something and see how that goes?

I really wish this game had a mobile variant worth a lick of salt. Love this game, but I've just been primarily mobile so frequently lately it's killing me.

Maybe I'll see up a mobile desktop access or something and see how that goes?
I found doing that challenging without a mouse. I agree that I wish there was a better Mobile version.

The real D'Backs are following my lead into insanity. I'm really Dave Stewart.

This makes me wonder, are there user rosters or franchise files out there? I'd love to download something that lets me start from the current real life data with all this winter's transactions.

brentech

@ 7pm eastern, or as close as I can, the league is simming 7 days. I've held off long enough while giving far more warning then I ever have before. League needs to move forward.
If you have been tinkering with your roster or minor leagues, be sure to have exported to ensure that those adjustments are included and not lost. (Some minor leagues have already played games)

Will continue to sim @ 4pm or as soon as possible like always after this.

Currently in the game adjusting things as quickly as I can do it while scarfing down this burrito, will post a notice as soon as I am done. Thanks for waiting on me

Sanjuro

@ 7pm eastern, or as close as I can, the league is simming 7 days. I've held off long enough while giving far more warning then I ever have before. League needs to move forward.
If you have been tinkering with your roster or minor leagues, be sure to have exported to ensure that those adjustments are included and not lost. (Some minor leagues have already played games)

Will continue to sim @ 4pm or as soon as possible like always after this.

Yeah. I can't meet that. Can you just do a quick organization cpu setup or something to keep me on track?

I feel bad, but I need to get on this schedule. I'll figure a solution out hopefully to remain active.

brentech

As with every opening day, there are players on almost all active rosters that are somehow not on the 40 man roster. It tells me one team at a time until I correct it, and it doesn't tell me the player that is the problem. With that said. I'm stuck on a team and I've gone through player by player and can't find who is triggering the error. Will upload when I can.

brentech

Alright, everything got squared away and the file is uploading. Good luck. Already have a month long injury in the outfield, so everything is going as usual for the Indians.

My team is off to a pretty nice start, of course it is only one week.

Kyle Schwarber had himself one hell of a week.

Woah, 20 year old Kolby Allard made his first career MLB start after spending last season in A ball. Dude was the 14th overall pick in our first draft.

Its too bad the CPU Cubs are kind of dumb, CarGo is gonna be a disaster in CF all season but they signed Josh Hamilton to an absurd contract and Cespedes so they can't play him at a position he's actually good at.

Woah, 20 year old Kolby Allard made his first career MLB start after spending last season in A ball. Dude was the 14th overall pick in our first draft.

His ratings look pretty good even though he's still just a 20 overall according to my scout. Chris Archer just keeps getting worse and worse everyday so I figured I might as well try out Allard. He was decent pitched 8 innings 4 hits 2 runs 4 walks and 4 strike outs.

The way my offense has been it's not gonna hurt us anymore trying him out. Opening night we lost 1-0. Our offense is going to be horrible again this year. 0 home runs so far. Mark McGwire needs to give everybody some roids like I'm paying him to!

Wish some more of my younger guys were close to being ready. I need Acuna and his 70 power!

brentech

Finally looking at my first 3 games.
Closer blew the lead in game 1. Game 2 was a tight loss, but I never lead it. Game 3 a tight win.

Looking at players and stats, I realized something must have happened with my lineups because I didn't have some of those guys starting. Need to redo my depth charts and lineups.
FA Howie Kendrick is looking like a good pickup early, with 1 HR and 3 RBI.

Nowadays I'm getting more excited about my minor leagues team than I may my majors

If my starting pitching continues to be horrible and my hitting keeps getting shut out it's a fire sale time!!!

Well, after 10 games, my bullpen is amazing and everything else is shit.

And the league-wide injury wave has started.

Seriously. Lawrie, Upton, Martin, Cano and Harper all went down.

Can't believe no one wanted Brad Miller! How am I supposed to bring up Aiello if Miller keeps hitting like this!

I'm super excited by the start Chase DeJong has had. He had elbow inflammation to end last season but he's pitching like a Cy Young candidate to start this one.

My minor league teams are off to decent starts as well. I feel like my organization is finally not a dumpster fire of talent.

Top Bottom