• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
crabbu

this post said games begins on feb 8th

so

when does recruitment ends?

needs to know cut off date, so can assign roster etc (after which, swapping period is allowed ... usually 1-2 days for swapperinos), then rosters are locked in and games are started

atm, there's only enough for 2 games, at 64 players. needs 10 more for 3 games.

pls be clarify ty

Sorian

Banned
Anyone who may be lurking this thread and is a bit shy about signing up. Feel free to join us! We don't bite and it really is an experience you will enjoy!

cabot

Also Sorian is a mod this season, so technically he should be seen and not heard.

Crossing my fingers, at least!

Camjo-Z

What the heck, I'll go for it. Played enough games of Epicmafia to maybe live a few days.

Pronoun: Male
Preferred game(s): Bloodborne
Time-zone: EST

Rynam

Anyone who may be lurking this thread and is a bit shy about signing up. Feel free to join us! We don't bite and it really is an experience you will enjoy!

*hides his bite marks*

What the heck, I'll go for it. Played enough games of Epicmafia to maybe live a few days.

Pronoun: Male
Preferred game(s): Bloodborne
Time-zone: EST

Welcome.

Edit: Oh yay, no longer a Junior Member. :D

I guess 7 posts out of 500 is "regular" by my standards. :p

I would sign up for Phoenix Wright too but I don't know anything about it.
Have to pad my activity with flavour.

Sorian

Banned

Seeing your higher activity in scum chats always surprises me :p

-------

**Disclaimer**

I don't think I've posted this in this thread and it's just something I've said here and there. My game does have Phoenix Wright spoilers. I won't be talking about any exact case details but the bad people in my game are villians from the series and knowing that someone is a villain is usually a spoiler in it's own right, just something to keep in mind.

Something I haven't said is that the timeline of my flavor is going to make no sense so might as well accept that now. If it was more convenient for a character to be dead then they are dead for my purposes, if it was more convenient for them to be alive then they are alive for my purposes. I built a game first and then came up with flavor that allowed it all to make sense so I took some liberties.

:p

Coppanuva

It's prob aight since Ynny made it sound like PW is overstuffed anyhow.

Also in case it helps any Ynny: I don't really mind being shuffled around. If for some reason a game I had listed is full (or there's one that I didn't list running), feel free to toss me to it wherever that is. I'm coo with anything.

Coppanuva

-------

**Disclaimer**

I don't think I've posted this in this thread and it's just something I've said here and there. My game does have Phoenix Wright spoilers. I won't be talking about any exact case details but the bad people in my game are villians from the series and knowing that someone is a villain is usually a spoiler in it's own right, just something to keep in mind.

Something I haven't said is that the timeline of my flavor is going to make no sense so might as well accept that now. If it was more convenient for a character to be dead then they are dead for my purposes, if it was more convenient for them to be alive then they are alive for my purposes. I built a game first and then came up with flavor that allowed it all to make sense so I took some liberties.

So this is canon fanfic is what you're saying? Also pro-tip: If you need someone dead alive, just claim "Spirit Medium" powers or something. It's what the games do.

Sorian

Banned
So this is canon fanfic is what you're saying? Also pro-tip: If you need someone dead alive, just claim "Spirit Medium" powers or something. It's what the games do.

The twist is that each day you will all realize that the flavor is leading up to my Edgeworth x Phoenix smut fanfic reveal.

roytheone

-------

**Disclaimer**

Currently playing through the first game, and honestly, it really isn't that hard to guess who the villains end up being ;)

Sorian

Banned
Currently playing through the first game, and honestly, it really isn't that hard to guess who the villains end up being ;)

I like how the portion you bolded had nothing to do with your response :p

There is definitely a big twist in both the second game and the third game when it comes to who the murderer is in specific cases.

You're still playing baby mode phoenix wright :p

Edit: Stealth edit, tricksy little Roy.

FluxWaveZ

Many of them are designed to be rather obvious, but there are a few in the series that are designed to be the diametrical opposite and make for surprising twists.

Coppanuva

How many cases so far? But yeah, it can be glaringly obvious, but other times they throw a curveball. Better to have the warning than not.

roytheone

Well, I guess that even if you aren't playing, there is still a decent chance of getting spoiled anyway, so I don't really mind it.

How many cases so far? But yeah, it can be glaringly obvious, but other times they throw a curveball. Better to have the warning than not.

The first game,
the case where a guy gets shot on a boat by "edgeworth". I think i am about half way through that case.

Sorian

Banned
Well, I guess that even if you aren't playing, there is still a decent chance of getting spoiled anyway, so I don't really mind it.

The first game,
the case where a guy gets shot on a boat by "edgeworth". I think i am about half way through that case.

You're at the good stuff then :D

That case is actually the finale for game 1 and then the fifth case is a "bonus" case that was added for the ds release. The bonus case is an amazing stand alone.

RetroMG

I can't remember if I've signed up yet. Is there a list anywhere?

If not, I'd prefer Princess or Love Boat, Pacific Time Zone.

The overseers/mods (mostly Ynnny, if we're honest,) are keeping a list. We have you down for Love Boat or Princess as your preferences.

Gorlak

Banned
h6yq5WE.png

Yes, I have to shamelessly post a pic created by myself... _again_ ...because I love it. Don't mind that Burb ended up lying on the ground and Lord "V" made a reappearance, it's beautiful.

Go and read that Kingkitty Gossip Chat (S4, Werewolf Reborn - the link doesn't show the intended post "join the campfire, xam", start there and read the following). Enjoy the foreshadowing. It's hilarious!

h6yq5WE.png

Yes, I have to shamelessly post a pic created by myself... _again_ ...because I love it. Don't mind that Burb ended up lying on the ground and Lord "V" made a reappearance, it's beautiful.

Go and read that Kingkitty Gossip Chat (S4, Werewolf Reborn - the link doesn't show the intended post "join the campfire, xam", start there and read the following). Enjoy the foreshadowing. It's hilarious!

This picture is a real fuckin' beauty m8.

Sorian

Banned
Shout out to Good Morning as well.

Darryl was so obvious that I just figured it couldn't be true. Maybe I would have cared more if I was actually town.

#excuses

Sorian

Banned
Speaking of past mafia moments, did people really play a game of Mario Party as part of some weird power role?

Lol it wasn't a power role but yes.

An ordinary town member Blarg and ordinary town member Salva challenged each other to a Mario party mini-game with the loser agreeing to be modkilled. Whoever won, everyone lost (except me!)

Lol it wasn't a power role but yes.

An ordinary town member Blarg and ordinary town member Salva challenged each other to a Mario party mini-game with the loser agreeing to be modkilled. Whoever won, everyone lost (except me!)

So umm... can we organize an actual game of Mario Party?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
h6yq5WE.png

That was one of the greatest things I have read in a while. 5/5, would read again.

Alright, guys!

Since the 8th February is drawing very close and our Crab overlord hasn't dropped by on this, I will tentatively say that February 8 is the end of recruitment period.

Games are likely to start February 15.

Tentative timingz:
  • Feb 8 - recruitment wraps up
  • Feb 9 - rosters drawn and published
  • Feb 9 to Feb 11 - swapperinos
  • Feb 11 - players are locked in
  • Feb 11 to Feb 14 - prep time (readiness check, role PMs, threads set up)
  • Feb 15 - games start

Last seasons the start was staggered between the games. Not sure which game will start this season. GMs will discuss and confirm once recruitment wraps up.

Hope this gives some light on what's happening and when ^____^

Again, looks like we're only running two games this time. Not enough for three. So if you're still sitting on the fence, let us know quick cuz we still need 9 people for three games to launch

thanksness o7

Sophia

I was debating if I wanted to play or not, given what happened last season.... but a spider came by my hiding place in a mysterious land far away, and suggested that I sign up for Love Boat. A man with a fist set on crimson fire also suggested Love Boat to me not too long before that... So therefore I'll give it a shot, this time with a different approach to how I play. Third time's a charm?

Pronoun: She.
Preferred game(s): Love Boat.
Time-zone: US Eastern

I was debating if I wanted to play or not, given what happened last season.... but a spider came by my hiding place in a mysterious land far away, and suggested that I sign up for Love Boat. A man with a fist set on crimson fire also suggested Love Boat to me not too long before that... So therefore I'll give it a shot, this time with a different approach to how I play. Third time's a charm?

^____^

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY~

Sorian

Banned

You got this :D I promise!

Top Bottom