• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Coppanuva

That's a very interesting story but......

There's a latvian tv show?

That's what you took from the article? I'm more surprised there's a world championships in Vegas.

But in all honesty that's a fascinating article. Now time to go infect it and cause massive chaos with bullshit claims.
Kidding, you all will have to try harder than that to get rid of me

RetroMG

There's, wow. There's a lot of stuff in there.

Mafia was created in a Soviet dormitory in 1987, by a psychology graduate student named Dimma Davidoff, but today it (and its sci-fi spin-off, Werewolf) is a popular pastime with the entrepreneurial set – particularly those involved in tech and venture capital in Silicon Valley.

New theme for Season 6 - WEREWOLVES IN SPACE!

I see a lot of people from here in that article. (Myself included.)

Swamped

Banned
That article was intense, as in, dense with information. Thanks for sharing!

Did anyone manage to see that Russian movie by the way?

Also, is it time to send a NeoGAF team over to Vegas for the World Mafia Championships?

Sorian

Banned
That article was intense, as in, dense with information. Thanks for sharing!

Did anyone manage to see that Russian movie by the way?

Also, is it time to send a NeoGAF team over to Vegas for the World Mafia Championships?

I googled this and the stuff I was reading was that this "world" mafia championship was still mostly just Russian and other eastern European players.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
That article... wow. Really puts the internet into perspective when you think about it. Especially when you combine it with LoC's retirement. Sometimes you just don't realize how much of an impact you have playing a game with people you only vaguely know.

Zatoth

That article... wow. Really puts the internet into perspective when you think about it. Especially when you combine it with LoC's retirement. Sometimes you just don't realize how much of an impact you have playing a game with people you only vaguely know.

I was also thinking of LoC's post while reading it.

roytheone

That website seems way too intense for me and that's saying a lot.

Yeah, I mean, I am not against fucking around a bit with people, but hacking and deleting accounts? Sending racist pictures? That other thing I don't even want to mention..... Those things go like 15 steps to far.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, I mean, I am not against fucking around a bit with people, but hacking and deleting accounts? Sending racist pictures? That other thing I don't even want to mention..... Those things go like 15 steps to far.

The idea of hacking GAF and blocking all mods from accessing (both GAF mods and mafia game mods) does sound hilarious though.

Sorian

Banned
Welcome back!

I just thought about watching a bunch of pro mafia players interact with Blargonaut. I need this in my life.

Also I take back what I said about that site. I read more, too hardcore for me.

The world isn't ready for Blarg. Let us know when the Glactic Mafia Championships are happening.

Also, one of our newbies that signed up said their experience came from that site. It's the dark souls of mafia.

Terrabyte20xx

If we hear the "great idea" part, would that disqualify us from playing in it?
Probably? I mean, I have a flavor in mind as well as a game mechanic. While the flavor would be a non-issue, the game mechanic, well... That's kinda obvious as to why I can't give that one away.

Burbeting

Banned
Probably? I mean, I have a flavor in mind as well as a game mechanic. While the flavor would be a non-issue, the game mechanic, well... That's kinda obvious as to why I can't give that one away.

Well I guess you could tell the flavor, and if someone is not interested in it at all, they could listen to the mechanic too :).

Coppanuva

Yes, and no I'm not sure.

Don't emulators support Netplay? It might work for the older ones (I dunno if any of the more recent consoles have support for it). Alternatively, WarpPipe was a tunneling software for GCN that supported MK online. I dunno if it would work with MP, but that is a non-emulation option.

Terrabyte20xx

Is this Frog Fractions 2?

Actually, I'd describe it as nega-frog fractions. Instead of playing seven different games in the same skin you play one gave it seven different skins. I actually think it's pretty clever you should check it out.

Speaking of frog fractions 2, weren't we supposed to have a frog fractions game at some point?

Sorian

Banned
Actually, I'd describe it as nega-frog fractions. Instead of playing seven different games in the same skin you play one gave it seven different skins. I actually think it's pretty clever you should check it out.

Speaking of frog fractions 2, weren't we supposed to have a frog fractions game at some point?

Probably will, this seems, um, interesting lol

And yes, Kristoffer wanted to run it at one point if I remember right. I don't actually know if it was a completed game at all though and he has not returned to us. RIP bastard Mario game since makai left us D:

roytheone

And yes, Kristoffer wanted to run it at one point if I remember right. I don't actually know if it was a completed game at all though and he has not returned to us. RIP bastard Mario game since makai left us D:

The frog fractions game will be run under a different name /theme /mod and only when a player correctly guesses it is the frog fractions game, it will transform into its real form.

Also, we will get a bastard Mario party game, so we will get something close to it!

Sorian

Banned
The frog fractions game will be run under a different name /theme /mod and only when a player correctly guesses it is the frog fractions game, it will transform into its real form.

Also, we will get a bastard Mario party game, so we will get something close to it!

Phoenix Wright is not the frog fractions game, I promise. Please don't ask if it is.

Thanks

squidyj

That's true.

GAFia, I give you: Rom Check Fail Mafia.

865ebf700194ab0bfceb7f9146014aec.gif

Coppanuva

Sigh... eventually. I think I'm pretty settled on the outlines of it so if I can kick my ass in gear I hope it can run in 5.5

Sawneeks

Banned
Welcome everyone! We almost have enough to have 3 games going now! Don't be afraid to sign up! :D

;______;

I totally forgot about that and I was really looking forward to it too.

Don't worry. Even we're confused. Just smile and nod. It's gotten me this far.

image.php

Ah yes, "gotten you this far". What was it again, you blocked the doctor that was trying to heal you?

RoyTheSavage

Top Bottom