• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Darryl

Banned
I generally agree with this, but I do think named roles could work as long as you give scum a decent amount of fake names they can claim (us not getting any in HP was a big mistake IMO), and make it so that names don't necessarily relate to the power they got. That way, scum would still have the possibility to make up fake claims.

The thing about mod-created fake claims is that they're just that: moderator created lies. They're not player created lies, which is what the game is supposed to be about. It's very limiting in a game that should have as few limitations as possible.

roytheone

The thing about mod-created fake claims is that they're just that: moderator created lies. They're not player created lies, which is what the game is supposed to be about. It's very limiting in a game that should have as few limitations as possible.

Well, they would only get the names, and as long as the real roles have a disconnect between power <> role, scum would still have to make up a power to go along with it, which is the core of the lie.

Phoenix Wright uses named roles, get hype!

:p

If I am scum and see that we don't have any fake role claims, this will be me:
a5c.gif

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

You don't have to stick to your fake claim. I like to go off road.

Fake claims can be fun. I liked Gorlak's in MGS, which got progressively more absurd and hilarious since we knew he was a goner. My Edge claim was fun to think up as well.

roytheone

You don't have to stick to your fake claim. I like to go off road.

You could go off road, jump into a rocket, go to the moon, jump from the moon to Mars, slingshot Mars into Venus, hijack an UFO, fly back to Earth, land on Darryl, and town would still go : "eh, that looks normal, he is probably town".

Ourobolus

Banned

It's really only needed for themed games. Metal Gear Solid Mafia, for instance, I saved a few high-profile names (like Liquid Snake) for fake claims so that Mafia doesn't have to guess, like Splinter for some reason REALLY wanting to claim Lindsey Graham in Election, despite it already existing on the town side.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You could go off road, jump into a rocket, go to the moon, jump from the moon to Mars, slingshot Mars into Venus, hijack an UFO, fly back to Earth, land on Darryl, and town would still go : "eh, that looks normal, he is probably town".

People are already forgetting how everyone in Danganronpa thought I was scum.

Sorian

Banned
And even after I took all that effort to put a beanie on my Missle avatar :mad:

Here I thought we had the cool mod, but you are just as bad as Borebeting and Yawny, Snorian!

Alright everyone, role PMs will be going out now, Roy will get his on Friday.

Sorian

Banned
Alright, let's cut to the chase here Sorian: how many lewd pictures is it going to cost me to get my role pm?

Just keep sending them and we'll see what gets me to send it along.

Actually, keep sending me lewd pictures of phoenix wright characters and I'll let you know when you hit the right one :D

roytheone

Actually, keep sending me lewd pictures of phoenix wright characters and I'll let you know when you hit the right one :D
latest

hahahahah true that brother , thanks for reminding me :)

Well, I guess you only changed our win condition 5 times, could have been 6! Also, you only mistook me for someone else two times! That's below average!

Sophia

"10 Signs Your Moderator Might Be Running a Bastard Game! Click here for more!" :p

Gorlak

Banned
How long will Undertale occupy me? Something weighs on my mind and I still need to finish this one paper soon, but I need a distraction. It shouldn't be too long, otherwise I'll get lost in it.

roytheone

Good luck scum teams of PW and Disney Princess, know that I'll always be rooting for you, town can get fucked

But what if I am town? Would you root against a fellow goat?

How long will Undertale occupy me? Something weighs on my mind and I still need to finish this one paper soon, but I need a distraction. It shouldn't be too long, otherwise I'll get lost in it.

I would say about 5 ish hours. But it is a game you kinda need to play at least twice to understand it.

Depends where you are in the game, in my experience

But what if I am town? Would you root against a fellow goat?

It's fun to root for the underdog/to be in the minority, so yeah

just realized I'm the only GOAT in love boat

Top Bottom