• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
In fairness, scum shouldn't be the underdog in these games; it should be relatively even.

Sorian

Banned
But historical evidence showed that scum's win rate has been pretty poor in the seasonal main games. For one reasons or another.

.____.

To be fair, it's an extremely small sample size and there have been a few games where scum was balanced (not purposely) weaker than town. The idea is that it is even though.

To be fair, it's an extremely small sample size and there have been a few games where scum was balanced (not purposely) weaker than town. The idea is that it is even though.

That's the idea, yep.

And yeah, it is a small sample size, GAFia's a new community after all :> But I think... we've had ... what, 9? main seasons' games? I think? And so far scums only had victory in Star Wars. If I'm not remembering!

That's a bit low, imo.

Thankfully the mid-season games are different. Scums had won in a few games during mid-season games, but those games aren't as big and funnily, not as tweaked for balance as the main ones....

~v~

Found this thread too late, but I'd love to be on the replacement list! And I'm really looking forward to reading along with these games.

Female pronouns, eastern standard time

Coppanuva

Meant it more in the sense of the moral support scum teams get. They're typically rooted against

By the townies playing the game sure. As a spectator, personally, I'd much rather watch the Scum team try to scheme their way to victory and root for them. I think we have our fair share of people rooting for the bad boys in each season though.

roytheone

By the townies playing the game sure. As a spectator, personally, I'd much rather watch the Scum team try to scheme their way to victory and root for them. I think we have our fair share of people rooting for the bad boys in each season though.

I think a lot of dead townies in HP were still rooting for us, so against their own win condition :)

RetroMG

How long will Undertale occupy me? Something weighs on my mind and I still need to finish this one paper soon, but I need a distraction. It shouldn't be too long, otherwise I'll get lost in it.

Roy is right. 5-ish hours, more or less, depending on how well you play. (I think my first run to the True Ending was around eight, but I played slow and did a lot of extra stuff.

Just a side note: I'm still planning Undertale Mafia to run soon, and it's going to include spoilers - there's just not really a good way around that. So if you want to play, I recommend finishing the game. (And either playing or watching the Genocide route, too.)

I'm normally pretty apathetic about spoilers, but Undertale is a game you are going to want to play for yourself.

Sorian

Banned
The game actively makes fun of anyone who just watches the genocide route. Be a real video gamer and do it. (But do it last)

RetroMG

The game actively makes fun of anyone who just watches the genocide route. Be a real video gamer and do it. (But do it last)

Yes, but the genocide route is also brutal, both emotionally and in terms of game difficulty. I'm leaving the option.

roytheone

Undertale mafia is going to run soon? I guess i will need to get lynched quickly in PW then :)

Yes, but the genocide route is also brutal, both emotionally and in terms of game difficulty. I'm leaving the option.

I already had a lot of problems with some of the fights in my normal run, so when I heard that a genocide role was even more difficult, I quickly bailed out.

RetroMG

Undertale mafia is going to run soon? I guess i will need to get lynched quickly in PW then :)

Not sure how soon. I'd like to run it in the midseason, but we'll see how it goes, as there are a lot of midseason games that people want to run.

I didn't see undertale mafia on the front page, but that would definitely be my top pick if I could choose!

I just recently started working on it, but it's come together pretty fast, and it can run in it's current state. It wasn't a main season candidate, though. It's designed as a mid-season game.

Sorian

Banned
I already had a lot of problems with some of the fights in my normal run, so when I heard that a genocide role was even more difficult, I quickly bailed out.

There are only two hard fights in the genocide run, past that it's mostly just a lot of grinding regular encounters. The last fight is brutal difficulty though.

Palmer_v1

I stopped playing cause Genocide route required grinding random battles, and they take too long to spawn. Got boring, quickly.

Not sure how soon. I'd like to run it in the midseason, but we'll see how it goes, as there are a lot of midseason games that people want to run.

I just recently started working on it, but it's come together pretty fast, and it can run in it's current state. It wasn't a main season candidate, though. It's designed as a mid-season game.

I'm definitely going to keep my eye out!

Sawneeks

Banned
That's the idea, yep.

And yeah, it is a small sample size, GAFia's a new community after all :> But I think... we've had ... what, 9? main seasons' games? I think? And so far scums only had victory in Star Wars. If I'm not remembering!

That's a bit low, imo.

Thankfully the mid-season games are different. Scums had won in a few games during mid-season games, but those games aren't as big and funnily, not as tweaked for balance as the main ones....

~v~

To be fair we've had a couple of Scum teams in the main seasons come really close to victory. Too many #Unnecessarygambits.

Though Dangan's Scum team still should have won imo.

I think a lot of dead townies in HP were still rooting for us, so against their own win condition :)

It's true! I have the coupon to prove it!

roytheone

Phoenix Wright for Worst Mafia game.

Snorian for Worst Mod.

Tk4ybKS.png

Sorian

Banned
Snorian
norians
orianns
orinnas
Ourobolols

I think this confirms everyone's theory that you are just Ouro in a beanie.

Why is Launch on that island with Sorian?

I've been exposed. Ouro account, launch the avatar.

-------

Launch and I are lovers. You always thought that Ouro and Launch were the OTP and you were right.

I came up with the design of PW while on that lonely island. You only have yourself to blame Roy.

I believe this evening when YNNNY wakes up. Don't quote me on that for sure but I think that was the plan.

Well it is 5:27 AM in Sydney right now. Guess it'll be sent out soon.

Top Bottom