• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
There's no rule about mid season games and main games coexisting. It's more an issue of logistics in that you have a limited pool of players.

I'm also fine with the vote with your feet thing, personally. Just advertise your game when you're ready to run it and wait for players to sign up.

basically this

there's no rule about timing, but since we frown upon the same players playing in multiple games, it is more a logistical issue than a rule

i was asked during S4 when i ran admin, about mid-season games, and basically, as soon as there were enough dead people with idle hands, you can advertise and recruit for a mid-season game.

roytheone

Hi princess, please join the club of not idiots! Don't mind the dirty gaze of the love boaters, they are just jealous of our ability NOT to kill power roles :)

I was so sure we were going to off the medically-inclined princess.

We still have the night 1 for the prophecy to be fulfilled

Hi princess, please join the club of not idiots! Don't mind the dirty gaze of the love boaters, they are just jealous of our ability NOT to kill power roles :)

eeeehhhhh, could've gone much worse, you guys keep bringing it up like we offed our most useful power role or something

Sorian

Banned
I think it depends if you count woof 1 or not. But yeah, gafia 1 was a great game.

Gafia 1was what I was thinking of.

Does Woof 1 count as a town win?

Woof 1 is scrubbed from the record books :p

I still can't fucking believe I was right, that was insane

I guess maybe there was another scum lynch day 1 I don't remember? lol

We hit scum on the first real day of Volcano Island too

Doesn't count. Volcano doesn't count for anything :p

Gorlak

Banned
:mad: I spend waaaaay to much time in that game for my hard earned win not to count!

So you won't even acknowledge the flaws in the mechanic scum had to fight against in this game? :p 'cause that's what you always mention about HP, meanwhile Volcano was that much harder, with ghost town kicking out every new dead guy the moment they turned up.

Sorian

Banned
So you won't even acknowledge the flaws in the mechanic scum had to fight against in this game? :p 'cause that's what you always mention about HP, meanwhile Volcano was that much harder, with ghost town kicking out every new dead guy the moment they turned up.

A bit different. The flaw in HP was inherent and would have manifested no matter what. The flaw in volcano island only appeared because both original ghost scum died immediately.

The real flaw was that scum had no way to kill trusted townies pre balance patch, and post patch they only actually had one opportunity to use the kill kill. The ghost town thing isn't an issue if scum don't get lynched in the main game in the first place, so same as any other game.

Coppanuva

A bit different. The flaw in HP was inherent and would have manifested no matter what. The flaw in volcano island only appeared because both original ghost scum died immediately.

I would argue that VI might inherently have led to it eventually regardless. It sure wasn't helped by you guys booting one of them and Trigger killing the other N2 though :(.

roytheone

Hey, I agree vi had problems, just like HP! But my loss in HP still counts as far as I know!

Sorian

Banned
I would argue that VI might inherently have led to it eventually regardless. It sure wasn't helped by you guys booting one of them and Trigger killing the other N2 though :(.

True, it was a weird fine line though. Scum also had a pretty easy win condition if town didn't find at least one scum fast. An afterlife majority with your full team or full team -1 would have been a pretty easy dream and that was all that was needed to win.

Hey, technically you lost that game too according to the rules! I doubt you would have been able to brand all survivors before crab and LoC were lynched. ;)

Yeah, we threw the game for you Gorlak

I'm still confused though. Did you ever understand that I was trying to hint to you (Gorlak) that we were scum and you better stay in line? I personally thought I made it pretty obvious

Coppanuva

True, it was a weird fine line though. Scum also had a pretty easy win condition if town didn't find at least one scum fast. An afterlife majority with your full team or full team -1 would have been a pretty easy dream and that was all that was needed to win.

Yeah, that's true. It was a very finely perched game that could have gone either way if the forces had shifted there. Still fun though!

roytheone

I mean, we can argue this all day, but in the end it is pretty easy to see why Sorian wouldn't want to count VI: it's a game that LoC won, and judging from the end fluff of Avalon, he REALLY wants LoC to stay without a win :)

Sorian

Banned
I mean, we can argue this all day, but in the end it is pretty easy to see why Sorian wouldn't want to count VI: it's a game that LoC won, and judging from the end fluff of Avalon, he REALLY wants LoC to stay without a win :)

Exposed D:

I hope LoC is doing ok

And nah, just giving VI and Splint a hard time lol

*Splinter

aww that's sweet of you to say so.

I'll just skip the rest of this conversation since its presumably all downhill from here.

Top Bottom